• Published 5th Sep 2014
  • 2,604 Views, 30 Comments

Doctor Whooves Adventures with Luna: A Sister's Reunion - CrackedInkWell



On the eve of her 800 year reign without her sister, Celestia gets a visit for the Doctor along with his companion, her sister.

  • ...
1
 30
 2,604

3: Assassination Attempt

Luna tried to keep pressing the question, but Celestia or the Doctor didn’t answer. Her sister tried to change the subject. On topics like: “So what have you two been up to lately?”

“Well,” -the Doctor answered, now was able to smile for the first time since they got there- “we just got back from the grand festival of lights on Tureame-37.”

“How was it?”

“Well, Luna certainly stole the show with those mini stars she contributed. Your sister’s quite the artist if I do say so myself.”

“Well, yes,” -said Luna, blushing a little at the compliment- “it was all well until somepony tried to make a fuel source out of me.”

“What was that?”

They were another knock on the door, after confirming who it is, Celestia opened the door to Mrs. Saucer with a cart with silver domes. As Luna noticed, many times over, the maid nervously looked between the cart and the princess of the night.

The maid lifted the first dome.

“What are those?” Luna asked.

“It’s a Prench recipe.” -Celestia said as the food was put down on the low table- “They’re just potatoes that had been chopped thinly long-ways, fried in oil and seasoned with salt. Some ponies here call them Prench fries, but personally, I think they should come up with a better name. And the rest seemed to be a salad, candied carrots and a slice of cake.”

“What’s cake?”

Celestia stared at her sister while the maid uncovered another dome for the Doctor. But a moment later, she realized, “Oh! That’s right, cake wasn’t made back then. It’s a sort of desert. It’s something like bread but a whole lot sweeter.”

“A-And, uh, here’s yours.” Mrs. Saucer said as she lifted the last dome, then suddenly, something small leaped out and onto Luna.

“GHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! GET IT OFFGETITOFFGETITOFFGETITOFF…” Luna loudly chanted as she ran all over the room. She shook her whole head violently to get whatever it was off her. “OWE!!! IT BIT ME!!! GET IT OFF OF ME!!!”

The Doctor drew out his sonic screwdriver, “Celestia, I need you to make her hold her still.”

She nodded, and with a flick of her horn, Celestia lifted Luna off the ground, of course, Luna’s wings were waving about and her legs moved frantically.

“GHAH!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!” Luna shrieked.

“Luna, hold still, I’ll get it off.” The Doctor pointed his screwdriver at Luna. A moment later, Luna felt the slimy thing popping off of her and it landed on the floor. The thing wiggled this way and that when the Doctor trapped it with a glass.

Celestia lowered her back on the marble floor, now all of them got a good look at what was now trapped inside the glass. It looked like a leach only that it wasn’t black, it was a pinkish red and it had several layers of teeth.

The maid spoke what was on everypony’s mind: “What is that thing!?” The Doctor took a closer look at the thing. After studying it for a moment, his eyes went wide open. “I’ve seen this before. Not just seen it, but I know what it’s used for.”

“But what is it?” Celestia asked. The Doctor turned to the sun monarch and said, “Your Majesties, you two just survived an assassination attempt.”

“What!?!” All three mares in the room replied.

“This thing is a leach, well, in a way. Well, this thing is really the most dangerous kind of leach in the entire universe. But this isn’t supposed to be on this planet at all.”

“Wait a moment.” Luna piped up, now regaining her composer, “What do you mean by “assassination attempt?””

“Back in the old Sechin Empire, the emperors were usually assassinated, traditionally by this. Once it latches onto its host, first it drains their emotions, then their memories, and finally, their lives. We’re really lucky to get it off of you Luna before it burrowed itself under your skin. The only real problem is that the Shadow Proclamation made these so illegal, that even as much as touching these things can get one a whole life sentence. Making even transportation for these completely impossible. ‘Course, the only way to get these is if you had a…” The Doctor’s eyes widen. “Oh no. He’s here too.”

“Who’s here?” Luna asked.

The Doctor went over to the maid, “Along the way here, did you run into anyone?”

“What do you mean?”

“Did anybod- sorry, anypony stop to talk to you when you were getting these?”

“Well… Now that you’ve mentioned it, I did run into that general fellow. General Cunning, I think.”

“And what did you talk about?”

“We talked about… about… Oh. What was it?... It sounded so good…. What did he say?” As Mrs. Saucer tried to figure out, the Doctor noticed something very disturbing. The maid was tapping with one of her hooves in a rhythm of tap tap tap tap, over and over. Like a drumbeat.

“Mrs. Saucer, I think that’ll be all.” The Doctor said. Confused, the maid excused herself and exited the room.

“Your Majesties, you two are in immediate danger. We need to leave, now.”

“And go where?” they both asked.

“Anywhere. As long as it isn’t Canterlot. Into the TARDIS quickly!”

The two sisters and the time traveler galloped inside the blue box. After the doors were slammed shut, the machine sprang into life and disappeared.

A minute later, a pony looked through the doorway. “Your Highness? Hello?... Hmm. Funny, usually there’s suppose be a body left behind.”

_*_

“It’s not going to work!”

“Of course it’ll work!”

“For crying out loud, you’ve got the idea from a teapot! And putting it on wheels is going to make it even more dangerous!”

“But I’m certain that it’ll work this time!”

The brother and sister had been arguing like this for over an hour over the brother’s prototype of a new invention of the steam engine on wheels.

“Oh please.” The sister rolled her eyes. “And besides, who are you going to get on that thing anyway? You’re not getting anypony on that thing, even if you somehow got Princess Celestia to get on it.”

“Well, I can always get... What’s that?”

There was a sound of a mechanical groaning and wheezing that was coming from the new invention. And then they saw a blue box appears on top of it, as soon as the box became solid, the door opened with Celestia’s head sticking out.

“Oh, I’m sorry,” said Celestia. “Were we interrupting something?”