• Published 17th Sep 2012
  • 5,483 Views, 75 Comments

My Little Pony Ice Age - Nightmare Moons Dalek



Cold and seperated, The Mane 6 find themselves in the past during the Ice Age. Slowly they meet our

  • ...
5
 75
 5,483

Manny The Moody Mammoth

Note: I do not own My Little Pony nor Ice Age, but I do own possible future OCs (if I decide to put any in, more than likely won't)

A/N: The chapter everyone has waited a year for! My bad guys.

Ch. 2, Manny the Moody Mammoth

Manfred, a large, male, woolly mammoth, walked in the middle of the impossibly large herd of mammals. Manfred had the same glare he wore on his face for almost 2 years now and his large, curved and impressive tusks were certainly intimidating to nearly all opponents. He seemed zoned out and just kept walking forward despite the glares and odd looks that others in the herd were giving him. While everyone else was heading south, he was heading north towards where the impending ice age will strike. Despite him possibly being the largest of them all Manfred was met with many complaints.

"Your going the wrong way!"

"A raging mammoth!" An aardvark joked.
Manfred is suddenly stopped by a family of Moeritherium in his path.

"Hey! Do the world a favor! MOVE YOUR ISSUES OFF THE ROAD!" The male Moeritherium ordered him. Manfred got as far into his face as his large curved tusks would allow.

"If my trunk was that small I wouldn't draw attention to myself, pal." Manfred glared at him. The Moeritherium male backed up in fear. Manfred was nearly 8 times the primitive elephant's size and could easily inflict lethal injury on him. Manfred was not one to hurt another for pleasure only when it was necessary for his survival and disliked those who did, especially humans who seemed to hunt for sport as well as for food and the hide of their prey for clothes or shelter. The other animals completely ignored the two not even turning a blind eye to them.

"Give me a break," He gasped, "We've been waddling all day." He motioned to his mate and two of his children to his far left. Manny's mood turned from angry to sarcastic when he saw them.

"Oh go ahead follow the crowd." Manfred started walking away.

"It'll be quieter when your gone!" He finished. The family watched Manfred walk away for a moment but then continued their way.

"Come on, if he wants to freeze to death then let him." The family followed the herd. A tree near them was shaking from Manfred's 10-ton footsteps as we walked past it.

Nearly a minute later Manfred saw something that caught his eye real quick, a pink, blue-eyed horse with a pink bubbly hair pony named Pinkie Pie and a yellow horse with a long pink mane and tucked wings on her side named Fluttershy. There was colorful marks on their flanks that he could not make out. They seemed to be talking to each other, the yellow one looked scared, her mane covering her face, while the other looked extremely excited. Soon the pink pony stood in front of Manfred with wide eyes. He, without a doubt, was much taller than her, dwarfing the tiny pony by 8 feet.

"Hi, I'm Pinkie Pie!" She put her hoof into the hair for him to shake. He heard the other one call her name, sounding worried telling her to come back. He ignored her and glared at her.

"Get out of my way." He ordered. On closer look he saw 3 yellow and blue ovals attached to strings resembling balloons. She moved out of his way, smiling, and started following him, the yellow pony following her but remained quiet; which Manfred.

"So what's your name?" She bombarded him with the same question and he continued to ignore her and with his patience slowly being worn down it was only a matter of time till he cracked. 'Thanks to Cranky Doodle, I know how to befriend him.' Pinkie thought to herself.

From Manfred's point of view she seemed to appear out of nowhere upside down. Manfred yelled out in shock of having her suddenly appear blocking his view.

"Hiya!" She giggled. Manfred growled and used his trunk to pull her mane, she screamed in pain and was held up by her mane.

"Stop following me." The Mammoth glared dropping her to his left and continued walking. Pinkie became disappointed because he wouldn't accept her as a friend. Her bubbly, hair flattened with a pop and her fur darkened as she looked ready to bawl her eyes out

"Are you ok?" Fluttershy asked Pinkie Pie. Pinkie's lip quivered and then her mane re-inflated and her mood turned to normal.
"I'm ok Fluttershy. Lets go find out friends! I need to show them something." She grinned her famous grin showing off her pearly white teeth. Fluttershy smiled back and they continued walking in their earlier direction.


Sid, an overweight giant ground sloth, lied face down, asleep, on a thin tree branch. The tree was shaking from Manfred's footsteps and he almost fell off his branch. He quickly grabbed on to it like a tree sloth.

"Ok I'm up! I'm up!" He complained. Sid swung his leg over the branch to get back on it and stood on the branch.

"Hey rise and shine everybody!" Sid called out and looked around for his family. Sid gasped when he saw no one there.

"Zak?" Sid looked to a branch on his top right.

"Marshal? Berti? Uncle Fungus?" Sid continued climbing, and looking at every branch for his family.

"Where is everybody? We're gonna miss for the mi-mi-mi-mi," Sid climbed down to the ground. "gration..." Sid heard an ironic cricket chirping and realized they all left them.

"They left without me." Sid said out loud to himself pacing back and forth.

"They do this every year." He paused for a few seconds as his lip quivered.

"Why? Doesn't anyone love me? Isn't there anyone who cares for Sid the Sloth?" Sid was suddenly placed in a bear hug by a certain pink pony. A Glyptodon quickly scurried past them.

"I care!" Pinkie got in Sid's face, scaring the daylights out of the cowardly sloth. Sid fell into a pile of mud with Pinkie, suddenly a pungent odor filled their nostrils and realized that it was not mud.

"Oh...sick!" Sid pushed her off.

"HEY WIDE BUDDY! CURB IT NEXT TIME!" Sid yelled, stepped forward into the pile of dung again. Luckily for Pinkie she didn't get any on her, but it was all over the middle of Sid's back.

"Eww, oh gross, oh yuck!" Sid complained rubbing his dung covered back on the tree while simultaneously wiping his feet on the ground. Fluttershy stood in the background hiding behind her mane.

"Oh yeah and thanks for the appreciation." Sid commented sarcastically on Pinkie's attempt to cheer him up. "I do anything to make my friend's happy." Pinkie said casually.

"I'm Pinkie Pie and this is..." Pinkie waved her hooves at the shy Pegasus, motioning her to introduce herself.

"F..luttershy." Fluttershy said extremely quietly.

"What?" Sid asked, not hearing her. "Fluttershy." Her voiced cracked. Fluttershy was naturally very shy, her voice usually cracked up at saying her own name to new ponies, or in this case sloths. Sid blew a raspberry trying to pronounce her name.

"Is that your name?" He asked idiotically.

"Her name's Fluttershy." Pinkie finally said. "So I guess she's really shy, huh?" Sid started wiping his feet while walking backwards. The ponies followed the grumbling sloth.


"I can't believe it, fresh wild greens." Carl, a 6-ton Embolotherium, looked amazed at what his friend, Frank, a 6-ton Brontotherium, brought him for lunch. Before them lied a bunch of green leaves and a small dandelion

"Frank, how did you ever?" Frank pointed down to the meal with his foot.

"Go ahead, dig in." Frank was clearly proud of himself that he made his friend happy. It was the least he could do after their dreaded pine cone incident that they both agreed never to bring up again. Carl gasped,

"A dandelion! I thought the frost wiped them all out."

"All but one." Frank said in a sing-song tone. A grumbling noise brought their attention to Sid as he stepped his dung covered feet into their lunch. The two rhinos stood shocked at the sloth, rubbing his feet on their salad. Pinkie and Fluttershy froze at the sight of the rhinos, if anypony knew how dangerous rhinos were it was Fluttershy.

"Umm Sid." Fluttershy said worried about the two rhinos behind him.

"This definitely has not been my day. I mean you know what I'm saying buddy?" Sid placed a hand on Frank's Y-shaped horn.

"You know you rhinos you have very tiny brains, you know that?" Sid was getting small droplets of the dung on Carl's face to the rhino's displeasure.

"Sid..." Fluttershy grew increasingly worried and Pinkie was smiling nervously reaching to pull Sid before they decided to hurt him.

"No kidding its a fact. No offense though you might not even know what I'm talking about." Sid chuckled and saw the dandelion and reached to pick it up and ate it. Crushed, disappointed, and very angry Carl and Frank glared at him. Pinkie facehooved at this, giggling uncontrollably.

"Carl." Frank turned to Carl.

"Easy, Frank." He said to calm him down a bit.

"He ruined our salad." Frank put emphasis in ruined to get the sloth's attention. It did get Sid's attention. Sid hopped around and started apologizing to them, stammering like a fool. The rhinos started walking towards Sid and the ponies menacingly, the three smaller mammals backing away from them.

"We're sorry for our friend's behavior, how about we forgive each other and sing songs?!" Pinkie grinned. The rhinos glared at her, Carl growling. Sid fell over a log,

"Look pine cones!" Sid picked up a pine cone.

"Oh my goodness, they're my favorite." Sid had a look of dread on his face and took a small bite of the tip of the pine cone. He bit really hard, making a crunching noise each time.

"Delicious, that's uh, uh good eating." He smiled weakly shoving another pine cone into Fluttershy's mouth and forced her to chew the pine cone. Frank grimaced remembering the incident. Pinkie popped a pine cone into her mouth and her face contorted in pain as she crunched down on it. "OUCH!" She shrieked.


The purple Unicorn, Twilight Sparkle was taking a drink of water from an ice-cold stream. She sure was thirsty as she greedily gulped down the water. She was beginning to wonder if she would ever find her friends. Suddenly she heard the scream of Pinkie Pie and her head instantly rose out of the water and turned to the direction that she heard the scream. 'Pinkie!' she thought, 'She's in trouble!' Twilight instantly lost all doubt about her friends and began running towards the noise. lightish grey, unusually thin, mangy looking cat with large saber teeth jumped out of bushes in front of her. She stopped in place and stared wide eyed at the saber-toothed cat, the cat in return roared and pounced.


"Don't let me hog them all you have some! Tasty isn't it?" Sid put what remained of his pine cone into Carl's mouth, as Carl growled at him.

"Bon appetit." Sid finally said as he turned around and ran, followed by Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie.

"Now?" Frank asked, anxious to charge. Carl waited a moment watching them flee in terror.

"Now!" Instantly, Carl and Frank gave chase. The three were screaming at the top of their lungs as the rhinos neared them. The ponies have a small chance to outrun them, but Sid had no chance. They blindly hit a brown, furry object and bounced off it to the ground.

"Hey!" Manfred turned around and glared at the three. He remembered the ponies very clearly, but he didn't recognize the sloth. Sid thought for a second then bounced back to Manfred's leg.

"Just pretend we're not here." He begged. The rhinos stopped and Frank whined, "Oh man, I wanted to hit them at full speed." Carl turned to Frank,

"That's ok Frank, we'll have some fun with them." The sloth and ponies hid under Manfred, shaking under the titan.

"Don't let them impale me please!" Sid begged, attaching himself to Manfred's foreleg.

"I WANNA LIVE!" Pinkie bounced to Manfred's height.

"Get off me!" The mammoth kicked Sid off of his foreleg. Manfred was already annoyed by them once, he will not again.

"Oh come on, you're making a scene." Carl tried to persuade Manfred to give them over to him and Frank.

"We'll just take our furry pinata and go, if you don't mind." Frank commented. Manfred turned to them,

"Hey guys, if its not them today, then its somebody else tomorrow." Fluttershy whimpered in fear.

"I can't leave Angel all alone." She covered her head with her hooves.

"I'd rather it not be today ok?" Sid cut in.

Pinkie suddenly gasped. "GUMMY! OHMIGOSH! I FORGOT TO FEED HIM TODAY! HE'S PROBABLY SO HUNGRY AND I FEEL SO BAD!" The party pony freaked out, and her mane deflated. She looked up at Manfred with a begging twinkle in her eyes. Manfred quickly looked away from her. 'This is no time to feel guilty.' Manfred thought to himself.

"Look we're gonna break your necks, so you don't feel a thing. How's that?" The statement made the three slink further behind and under the mammoth.

"Wait a minute...I thought rhinos were vegetarians?" Manfred raised and eyebrow at the rhinos.

"An excellent point!" Pinkie raised her hoof.

"Shut up." Manfred ordered. She retracted her hoof under the mammoth.

"Who says we're gonna eat 'em after we kill them?" Carl told him.

"Yeah come on move it." Frank shooed him away with his foot. Manfred glared at them and quickly made up his mind.

"You know, I don't like animals that kill for pleasure." A hint of disgust in his tone. The two rhinos glared back.

"Save it for a mammal that cares!" Pinkie Pie started petting Fluttershy's mane in hopes of comforting her. Sid's knees were shaking as he watched Carl and Frank from behind Manfred.

"I'm a mammal that cares." Sid raised his hand. Manfred had to come up with a plan, and he had one. It was a long shot though, hopefully they weren't smart enough to figure out the painfully obvious.

"Ok if either of you make it across of that sink-hole in front of ya, you get the three." Manfred smirked as they gasped and looked at each other. Pinkie and Fluttershy stuck their heads out from under Manfred, and sighed in relief.

"That's right ya losers. Take one step and your dead!" Sid threw a rock that bounced across the ground in front of them revealing it not to be a sink-hole. 'Idiot!' Manfred thought, eyes widening. They smirked at the four mammals. "You were lieing, right? Fluttershy looked up at Manfred. "Yeah that was a bluff." He nodded in reply.

"Get 'em!" Carl roared and they charged at them. Manfred glared and caught them both with his 16 foot long tusks. He held his ground but the rhinos were pushing him back off a cliff. To the ponies, Sid screamed like a little filly. Manfred grit his teeth and took control, pushing them back with his pure mammoth strength; the one thing rhinos lack. He tossed them into the air and they landed with a thud. Frank landed on his side, while Carl landed on his chest with his butt in the air. They got up and charged him from both sides, but Manfred was quick to charge too. He charged at Carl, leaving Sid, Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy unprotected.

Manfred's trunk snagged ahold of Carl's battering ram like horn and he tossed him to the side and landed hard enough for the ponies and sloth to flinch. They screamed noticing Frank charging at them. Just before he could hit them Frank was lifted up by Manfred's tusks. Pinkie busted out laughed when she saw what looked like Manfred cradling him like a foal. With little effort, Manfred tossed him into the air and onto a dandelion that excited Carl.

The three jumped onto Manfred's face, cheering, but causing him to slide off the cliff with them attached to his face. They all stared at Manfred, who in return was glaring at them.

"You have beautiful eyes." Sid complimented him, staring into Manfred's brown eyes.

"Get off my face." Manfred repeated from his earlier encounter with the ponies. He stood up and the three slid off his trunk and hit the ground on their butts.

"Us four, we make a great team. What do you say we just head south together?" Sid recommended. Pinkie saw this as the perfect opportunity to make friends with the mammoth.

"Great, yeah, hey why don't you just hop onto my back and relax the whole way." Manfred offered cheerfully.

"Really!?" Pinkie and Sid asked together cheerfully.

"No." Manfred glared back. Sid got immediately confused, he was heading north instead of south.

"Wait aren't you heading south? Change in seasons? Migration instincts? Any of this a ringing a bell?" Sid asked.

"I guess not bye." Manfred kept on walking.

"Ok then thanks for the help. I can take it from here." Sid started walking off. Pinkie and Fluttershy looked at each other.

"Wait!" They both said. Manfred and Sid looked back at them.

"Have either of you seen our friends?" Fluttershy asked.

"They have the same basic shape as us." Fluttershy described. Both males said no and turned away.

"Hey you overgrown weasel and you rainbow turds! Wait till we get down there!" Sid saw Carl and Frank up on the cliff and turned around and started following Manfred. Pinkie and Fluttershy followed them as well.

"That whole south thing is so overrated, the heat, the crowds, who needs that? Isn't this great? Us four! Roughing it out in the wild."

"No, you just want a bodyguard so you don't become somebody's side dish." Manfred looked back at Sid. The ponies just kept silent, despite Pinkie's knack for talking without taking a breathe.

"Your a very shrewd mammal. Ok you lead the way Mr. Big uhhh?"

"Manfred." He replied. "Manfred, yuck man." Sid replied. Pinkie reintroduced herself to Manfred and Fluttershy introduced herself.

"I know I already met you." Manfred said angered.

"Wait you met before?" Sid asked pointing to them both.

"Yup! just before we met you Sid." Pinkie giggled. "Hmm still how about Manny!" Pinkie grinned.

"No, Manny the Moody Mammoth! or Manny the Melancholy, Manny the UH." Manfred glared at Sid who climbed up a tree. Manny pulled the tree down to his face with his trunk.

"Stop following me." Manny ordered. He let the tree back and it recoiled hitting Sid several times in the face.

"Ok you won't even know we're here, we'll just zip the lip and when I say 'omp' I'm 'omp" Sid said. The mammoth, the sloth, the Pegasus, and the Earth Pony headed north towards the sub-zero temperatures of the Ice-Age.


.

A/N: Well that's all for now! I hope you enjoyed it. Probably not my best chapter, but I accept constructive criticism. Might have to rewrite this chapter later, depends on what you guys say. Btw did you guys now that the voice for Roshan the baby is voiced by Tara Strong aka Twilight Sparkle? I learned that when I was looking up the creatures in the Ice Age movie. It is 3 a.m. I am going to bed!

Next Time: Twilight faces off with a Smilodon fatalis aka the Saber-Toothed Cat, is it Diego? or some one else? Tune in next time to find out!

Update!: Fixed the dialogue problem, enjoy ^ ^

Update: THIS IS THE DALEK SUPREME! WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO START PRODUCTION OF THE THIRD CHAPTER DUE TO THE SCIENTIST'S MISTAKE OF LENDING OUR COPY OF ICE AGE TO THE SILENCE. SOMETIME TOMORROW WE WILL GET IT BACK. UNTIL THEN ENJOY THE FIRST TWO AS MUCH AS YOU CAN!