• Published 6th Sep 2014
  • 1,735 Views, 26 Comments

EVOLvE: Equestria - ChristiOlon



What would happen if everyone disappeared in Equestria. Everyone except for four specific ponies who hold Alicorn Magic. And to make it even better, there's a beast out on the loose.

  • ...
0
 26
 1,735

Introduction Chapter

Getting up in the morning was always a hassle, especially for a princess. Actually waking up was the worst part of it all, well, debatebly with getting her mane brushed, but nonetheless it was still a hassle. Celestias eyes opened to the night sky, dark and everlasting as always. Luna had made the night as beautiful as it was over a thousand years ago. Stars always aligned, moon bright, as welcoming as the sunlight was.

But this morning in particular felt... almost strange. She couldn't hear any sort of sounds, nothing at all. Celestia looked outside her window, usually by now some ponies would get up to see the early morning sunrise and they would have their home lights turned on, but it was just complete darkness outside. What was even more strange was that no pony was here, in her room, not even her personal guards.

After the Princess got ready for her day, she started to trot towards Luna's tower where she raises and lowers the moon. But on her way there, there was no pony in sight. The castle was completely empty.

Celestia started to fly to the top of the tower, but when she got there Luna was missing, but there was a note on the railing.

"Dearest sister,

I've hoped you've realized by now that Canterlot is completely empty. If you're reading this note, I have not returned yet. I'm flying out to meet up with Cadence, on my way back I'll see if Twilight is still with us as well. My prediction is that it isn't just ponies of Canterlot that have gone missing, 'tiss everyone, everywhere. Why we are still here I have not figured out just yet. When I get back meet me in the throne room. Hopefully I've figured something out by then.

-Luna

Celestia was in utter shock that it wasn't just her hallucinating, Luna had realized it too. 'Why didn't she wake me up? It's not safe for anypony to go out there!'

But she did as was told and went down into the throne room and waited for Luna's return. 'I just hope Cadence and Twilight are still with us' She thought to herself. But the question still remained, Why? And how? There is no entity that Celestia knew that could do such a thing, and it was almost impossible... Right? There was no way in Equestria that you could just make everypony disappear with a wave of the horn. This could be Discord's work, but he would have at least shown himself by now, plus he couldn't exactly just make everything just disappear anyway.

Celestia heard the door squeak open slightly and she turned to see who it was, already knowing it was her sister. Luna entered the throne room slowly looking exhausted. She was breathing deeply and when she opened her mouth to talk nothing came out. It looked like she could barely stand on her own four hooves. And that's when she collapsed, but she didn't faint. Celestia ran to her side looking for any wounds. Not seeing any she realized she was just tired. Luna barely whispered into Celestia's ear, "Something is out there, I don't know who it is or what it is, but it's huge. It's completely destroyed Manehatten, luckily no pony was there that I could see. All I know now is that Cadence and Twilight are on their way, it seems that we're... the only... one's." Luna fainted in the Princesses hooves and fell asleep.

She knew one thing, whatever was out there had the ability to take ponies off this planet completely, maybe even the wildlife to. Whatever it is, it's powerful, and not just that either. It's big enough to completely destroy one of the biggest cities in Equestria in one night. That was almost overwhelming.

On the bright side it's good to hear that Princess Cadence and Princess Twilight were still with us and on there way.
Celestia picked up Luna and carried her to her bedroom and laid her down on her bed. Whatever was out there needed to be taken care of quickly before any other cities were destroyed.

Celestia heard the door behind her open slightly and quickly turned around, horn ablaze...

A purple mare entered the room, startled to see her mentors horn pointed at her, "Whoa, whoa, hey!" Twilight stumbled over her hooves, taken aback from the sudden event, "It's just me Princess! Twilight Sparkle! I'm sorry I came here as fast as I could."
Celestia lowered her horn, noticing that it was her student, "I'm sorry Twilight, I was just trying to protect Luna, who knows what she's been through tonight."

The purple alicorn embraced her teacher, trying to comfort her, "I'm not sure what's going on but trust me, we'll get through it. I have no idea what's been going on, I was just awoken and told to come to Canterlot as quickly as possible." She pulled away as she heard a knock on the door. They both turned to see Cadence in the doorway.

Cadence looked around the room, "I'm sorry, is it a bad time?"

"Of course not Cadence, it's been so long since I've seen you." Celestia opened the door with her magic, inviting the pink alicorn inside. She walked into the room a bit shakingly, as if something had happened on her way here. Twilight excitedly trotted up to Cadence and said, "It's so good to see you again!"

They started to do their greeting, "Sunshine, Sunshine, ladybugs awake! Clap your hooves and do a little shake!" After they were done they embraced each other, "It's good to see you to Twi, glad you're still alive." She turned towards Celestia, "Do you have any idea what's going on?"

"Not as much as Luna, but I'll try my best to explain." Celestia sat down next to Luna's bed, " Something is out there, and from what I've heard it's big, big enough to completely destroy Manehattan. Where it is now I have no idea, but we must do something as quickly as possible."

Cadence peered around Celestia, noticing Luna was asleep on her bed, "What happened?"

"Just exhausted about what happened today. This should wait until later, both of you can go ahead and get comfortable in the sleeping chambers, we'll talk when Luna comes back around.”

They both nodded in agreement and headed towards the sleeping quarters while Celestia stayed with Luna a minute longer, then headed off to rest herself up. There’s going to be a long day ahead of them.

Author's Note:

Hopefully I don't disappoint anyone by taking this game crossover, if I did I'm sorry. I've been trying to work on this for about 2 months now so hopefully it's worth the thought I've put into it.

Thank you for reading. Like if you liked, dislike if you dislike, post any sort of constructive criticism in the comments, I'm going to need it.

-Phoenix