• Published 31st Aug 2014
  • 1,577 Views, 60 Comments

Sun-Speckled Lake - Wurd



When I was young, my dad took me to a lake. It was a mysterious, beautiful lake. And the filly I met there was as well. (Flashlight shipping story.)

  • ...
11
 60
 1,577

Shiny

Flash looked down to the list his teachers had given him. He had at least twenty missing assignments in each, and he hadn't even been in school for a full two months.

“Wow,” he whistled scanning the Science paper. “I am incredibly lazy.”

Which was absolutely, 100% true. He put the papers in his bag and shuffled through the hallway in a sulky manor. He got to his locker, and slammed his forehead against it. It was lunch, but he wasn't hungry. So he took out his notebook, found a cozy corner no one would find him, and began to doodle.

He was no artist, but his grandpa, Popscorn (Thats what everyone called him.) had taught him a few basic things so he could do it fairly well for his age.

As he was drawing a picture of Princess Celestia in a tomato taco suit, a group of three fillies stood in front of him, their shadow reigning upon him. He didn't think he would be seen.

The middle one, who had a pristine white coat and shimmering red hair, spoke as if she had read his mind. “We can see what has not been seen,” her sharp red eyes stared at him. “Also known as a dork drawing in a lightly lit corner.”

“What do you guys want?” He closed his book so they wouldn't judge him, and looked at them with suspicious looks.

The one on the left scoffed, “Pft! We are ladies! Not ‘guys’!” She flipped her shiny blue hair back.

“Pft,” Flash imitated her scoff. “Suuure.”

“What are you implying?” The one in the middle narrowed her eyes.

“What do you want?”

“What we want?” The one on the right tapped her chin. “Ah yes,” her head popped up, her raven curls bouncing. “You.”

---------------

Flash awoke in a dark room. He tried to move, but he was tied down. He tried to scream for help, but only muffled screams came out, as he had a cloth over his muzzle.

“He is awake, Ruby.” A cool voice said. It sounded like one of the fillies from earlier.

“Aw. I just had a chance to look at these doodles,” she said with a chuckle. “Some of them I wouldn't want other people to see.”

Flash realized what she was talking about. He jumped and squirmed, with no luck.

“Is this a drawing of a turkey...wearing grandma panties?” Ruby stared at the drawing with a smirk on her face. “And this one,” she pointed. “Look Sapphire, it's a dolphin. You love dolphins. Except this one is..uh...drinking milk with shades.”

“Dolphiiiins.” Sapphire sang.

“I hate milk,”

“Shutup Jade,” Sapphire pointed a hoof. “You drank a whole gallon yesterday.”

“I was bored.”

“Whatever.”

“Release him back to the wild,” Ruby said, still looking at the book. “I keep this diary journal thing. Bring him back in a week.”

“Yes Ruby Essence.”

-----

Flash awoke outside his school, behind a shrub.

“What the actual buck just happened?”

Author's Note:

This chapter emphasizing a new plot with the “Essence Sisters” which are these silly, frilly fillies. 8D