• Published 31st Aug 2014
  • 1,577 Views, 60 Comments

Sun-Speckled Lake - Wurd



When I was young, my dad took me to a lake. It was a mysterious, beautiful lake. And the filly I met there was as well. (Flashlight shipping story.)

  • ...
11
 60
 1,577

Okay, Auntie

“Flash, dear, come over here.”

I put down my sandwich and cautiously walked over to Aunt Cloudyblossom, who was sitting in a rocking chair knitting socks for First Base.

“Yeah?” I said as I sat next to her.

She rubbed her temples with her hoof and pushed her curly pink hair away from her face. “Mrs. Witty sent me your report card.”

“Woah, woah, woah, stop right there,” I held out a hoof and shook it so she got the message. “Why?”

“I told her about your father. She sent it to me instead.”

“Yes, but-”

“Why didn't you give it to me when she passed them out on Thursday?”

“Because,” I have an irritated sigh. “I didn't want you to see it.”

“How can you get a C in Math? It's the easiest thing!”

“That's what you think...” I mumbled.

“Oh, don't be so snarky. But you better get these grades up, Flash Sentry. I'm not telling your father, I wouldn't want to give that poor stallion more stress, but you will be punished. I will give you two weeks to
at least raise it to a C+. Deal?”

“Fine,”

“Go finish your sandwich, I need to finish these socks for the Cloudsdale Knitters Club.”

“Yeah, yeah. Okay.”

First Base began to yawn. He was playing with his rattles in front of Aunt Cloudy’s chair.

“I'm going to make him some milk and set him to sleep, would you mind cleaning the kitchen? I was going to do it, but I didn't expect Base to take a nap.” She said as she began to pick him up.

I was going to say, ‘Yes, I do mind.” But then thought about how much a work Auntie did. “I will,”

“Thanks, dear.” She said as she got a bottle of milk and went to First Base’s room.

Finishing my sandwich, I grabbed a clean rag and lemon spray and began to polish the table. As I was, I thought about how Twilight might be able to help me get my grades up. I know I only met her two weeks ago, but that's enough to know she's pretty smart...

Author's Note:

Hee hee hee I actually got this done.

/)^3^(\

Sorry for the short chapter. :3

_EDIT_
realized I made a silly mistake and fixed it lol :3