• Published 17th Apr 2012
  • 922 Views, 17 Comments

An Octav's Story - DashCamp(IDBrony)



A flashback story of Octavia's past life, about everything she has left behind

  • ...
1
 17
 922

Part 3 - The Tight String

Julian - CsCamper - DashCamp(IDBrony)

Part 3 – The Tight String


The show was a huge success, when she step down from the stage, a group of ponies approached her. Ignoring the other player, asked for signatures and such from her. The others felt disturbed and leave Octav with her ‘fans’ in anger, She felt really surprised, because she only needed the money. The Principal congratulate her, He already knew that Octav would make the orchestra a big, not just big, but huge success. She then met Vinyl outside the hall, Vinyl congratulate her on her success. She smiled and thanked Vinyl, but it was sad since Vinyl couldn’t stay for a long time. She then left Octav again, but promised to visit her again.

Octav felt a bit disturbed at first, with lot of her ‘fans’ followed her almost everywhere, but slowly she tried to get into it. Since the orchestra, the Principal asked her to play for the school events lots of time. The Principal’s offers always got her, since she needed them. The Principal slowly helped to build her reputation, high reputation means lot of enemy, like what happened to Octavia. Some people hated her, most of them were the orchestra player. Slow but sure, everypony in the school started to get along with her.

The next year, Octav has become the Queen of the school. But it was sad for her that the next day would be her graduation, but she knew everything has it time. Graduated Cum Laude, boosted her fame real quick. A lot of record companies wanted to have her, but the only offers she was interested at is a job vacancy in an old theater. She entered the theater and greeted the owner, she asked for the job vacancy. The owner was pretty surprised to see a young mare wanted to work here, the owner told her that actually he was trying to sell this old theater.

Octav felt pretty sad, but she got a better idea. With some money, she repaired some part of the theater, and invited most of her ‘fans’ to come and help her rebuild the theater by donating. Octav played lots of songs, including her memorial song with her Grandpa, Alto. In just a week, the donation box in the theater had already full of bits. Octav then helped the owner to rebuild the old theater, he then thanked Octavia for her work. With the old theather rebuilt, Octav started working there, as a Cellist and also manager of the stage. She also hired some of her ‘fans’ and made pretty lots of money, they often played an orchestra. Even Vinyl visited her often and everypony just go crazy partying with Vinyl, since Vinyl was very busy, she didn’t meet Octav a lot, but they still kept in touch.

One day, a small round creature flew into the theater. It was so cute that Octav kept it, she named it Buzz. At first everything went normal as usual, but it turned into a major disaster the next day. Her room suddenly full of the round creatures in the morning, she panicked and run away. It wasn’t only in her room, the street was filled with those creatures. They ate all the food, they invaded the grocery stores, the food stands, and also trash cans. They also caused minor damage to buildings, a minor damage didn’t really effect something, but lots of minor damages would do. The Mayor of Fillydelphia quickly sent a note to Canterlot, asking for a help.

The swarm continued for two hours, and half of Fillydelphia food stock was gone. Octavia ran all the way down the street, avoiding all those creatures when she heard a sound from the sky. The Princess has arrived, and soon she used her spell. But it didn’t work, The Princess stayed calm and read her old journal, and she recognized them, parasprites. They’re a cute but annoying creatures, known for their hunger and self-duplicate. They couldn’t be expelled with magic, the only thing that could stop them was music.

The Princess asked The Mayor to gather every musician in Fillydelphia, and told them to play music and lure them to the forest. Octav gathered with the other pony under Princess Celestia instructions, it was hard for Octav to play her Cello while walking, but she managed to do it. It went good, and all the parasprites had gone into the forest. Octavia and the others were very tired, then they took a rest in the theater hall. A busy day for every musician pony in Fillydelphia, only caused by adorable creatures.

The next day, Octav got a surprise in her mailbox. It was a mail, with a royal Canterlot seal on it. Octav felt a bit nervous because of the seal on it, but then she read the mail. It was a mail from Princess Celestia, inviting her to Canterlot and met her.

‘Dear Ms.Octavia

I am Princess Celestia, writing to you to thank you for helping me getting rid of the Parasprites. I heard your Cello play some days ago, and saw you play your Cello in the crowds yesterday. You have got some talent, therefore, I’m inviting you to meet me in person in Canterlot Castle.
Yours Sincerely

Princess Celestia’

Just as she finished reading the letter, she fainted. She remembered everything was dark, and she opened her eyes. She was in her own bedroom, only a dream she thought. But it wasn’t, she saw the letter, the letter from the Princess. The Theater owner came into her room, bringing some porridge and warm tea. He told her that she fainted right outside of her house, At first he panicked, but he then saw the letter. He laughed pretty hard knowing Octav fainted because of the letter, well, she claimed that she had never received letter from anypony except Vinyl and her ‘fans’. She was shocked because it was a letter from the Princess, the highest ranked Mare in whole Equestria.

To be continued...