• Published 26th Aug 2014
  • 436 Views, 0 Comments

Escape from the nightmare - kalakala



After a sleepover, Luna and Apple Bloom have to fight their way back to their own time, before the Nightmare catches them.

  • ...
 0
 436

Chapter 8

Damn, no way home, one crying filly and now both the past princesses are arguing about it. What a brilliant way to start the day, only future Luna seems to be comforting the filly as both of the Pasters storm off, although Luna looked the most pissed. Hang on, what year is this again? Quickly to the library!

Date, date, date. Not pottery or history or magic or even agriculture. I want a date, I need a calendar, I need the year, hurry up! Ah, here we go a calendar with drawings of cats on, bloody perfect! And the year is…

Oh fuck. It appears my dear travelling companion that this is the year where Luna goes crazy, declaring herself Nightmare Moon and attempting to take the sun out of the sky. As you can probably tell, this is one of the worst places we could be right now. And if that argument was any clue, I would say that Princess Luna and Applebloom caused Nightmare Moon, not us, we are innocent, mere observers but them. No, they interfered, they talked to their past selves and now all we can do is watch and hope and try to find a way back home.

What? You want to keep following them? Forget that, I’m going to go grab Starswirl’s tome, where he had the spell written down, see if I can’t change the spell. No, let go of my leg, and my hand and my mauth. Cough, fine, WE will keep watching them, but don’t blame me if you die a thousand years before you should have!

Ok, have they made any progress at all? No, they only succeeded in getting Applebloom to stop crying, which in the grand scheme of thing is not very good considering that we’ll all probably be dead in a few days. Surely Luna has to remember this place? Did the Nightmare take her memory of this day? Or are we changing history? Our mere presence causing a hundred different changes that results in a present that we can no longer relate to. You know what, I think it’ll be quite entertaining.

Author's Note:

Yes another short chapter, I know. But, this was to start up the Nightmare part of the story. not very subtle, but it works.