• Published 26th Aug 2014
  • 436 Views, 0 Comments

Escape from the nightmare - kalakala



After a sleepover, Luna and Apple Bloom have to fight their way back to their own time, before the Nightmare catches them.

  • ...
 0
 436

Chapter 2

Huh, who is it? Oh, just you. Well, I suppose we can go check on Luna if you really want, but the sleepovers not for ages. Come on then, let’s go to Canterlot, a city of gleaming gold and ivory towers, both literal and figurative. But we are ignoring the roving side-streets and the expansive river and are instead heading for the epicentre of it all. Canterlot Castle! Created just after the battle between Celestia and Nightmare Moon, it has been an integral part of Equestrian culture for just over one thousand years now. Walking in, you come immediately to the Throne Room, where the one gleaming throne, shared between Celestia and Luna after realising that they could not add another due to this throne being made into the stone itself, adding one to the side would just look tacky.

Moving on, we can continue through a large corridor, connecting the kitchens and Royal Bedrooms, although why Celestia had her room built next to the kitchens is a mystery to all but the baker, who tolerates her nightly cake binges. It is in this large kitchen that we currently find Celestia, however instead of stuffing her face, she is trying to prevent her sister from stuffing a small fillies face, making all sorts of arguments from comparing the weight of the food to the weight of the filly, the filly would have to eat ten times her body weight in food just to finish it all., to yelling how the cooks wouldn’t have enough food to cook meals the next day. However, showing the same stubbornness that she displayed with the filly in question, Luna ignored Celestias warnings and continued to make a mounting pile of food for the sleepover.

Sighing in resignation, Celestia demanded that Luna go prepare the room which she would be sparing with the small filly. Pulling her face from the fridge, Luna realised she had not actually prepped anything other than food for the last two hours. With a pop, she took the food through the shadows and into her room, where it still had torture devices from the age of Sombra. Hurriedly, she swept them away into the cupboard and began preparing a clear area on the floor. Placing the food, which now swayed in the light draft from the window, Luna checked the clock. One more hour and then the fun shall begin.

It was as she was checking the timekeeper, a special clock made in Trottingham, that Celestia walked casually into the room, placing her ivory flanks on the ground, she then used her magic to spice up the room for her sister, who had no sense of interior design. I might as well describe the room now that it’s all ready for tonight.

Let’s start with the walls, shall we? Yes, people do tend to forget about them when they can truly bring a room together, for instance in this most important of rooms, they were a dark blue, matching the coat colour of it owner, the texture was not flat, but instead matted in order to create the lovely effect that it was alive with the stars. While a similar effect could be achieved using magic, Luna prefered to have all of the major parts of her room to not be touched by magic, she feels it cheapens the effort of the builders and the architect if they were just painted over by magic. The ceiling was much the same, however Luna had conceded to have magic lights placed, mimicking the night sky and changing when the great blue canvas was repainted.

The door was a spartan affair of bare double doors painted blue. The windows were much the same being simple squares without embellishment. This didn’t matter for the most part as they were always covered by great blue silk curtains, which flowed just like Lunas mane.

Yes, it does appear that it will be a good night for the Princess and Bloom,even if they don’t have fun, that’ll just make it all the more interesting to watch. Now shoo until seven, wake me up then and we’ll go visit them again.