• Published 26th Aug 2014
  • 436 Views, 0 Comments

Escape from the nightmare - kalakala



After a sleepover, Luna and Apple Bloom have to fight their way back to their own time, before the Nightmare catches them.

  • ...
 0
 436

Chapter 5

Ugh, look around us just tree after tree after tree! All dark and mysterious with a high canopy leading me to believe that we are in the Everfree Forest. Yes, there’s the sound of buzzing insects as they trundle along trying to kill anypony which invades their area. Oh, there’s the footprint of an ursa major! By Faust, there’s a Loco nest…

Wait hang on, those have been extinct for several centuries.

Well, it appears that Luna has mucked up and we’re in the very distant past, this certainly has got interesting. Ah, there’s the two time travelers, looks like they're just about ready to throw off the oppression of unconsciousness and greet the new, or old, world they’ve gotten themselves into.

First one up is Luna, who appearing startled from waking up in one of the most dangerous places in pony history, whips her head around to get a bearing of her surroundings, as a reasonable pony who lived in the era of the vermin like Loco bird, she too recognises the egg and realises how badly she messed up.

You see, the Loco went extinct during Nightmare Moons rampage, she tripped over a nest of one of the more prominent and breeding Locos and used a spell to make all of their eggs diseased. Those chicks then picked up the breeding capabilities of their parents, spread the disease around and within a decade the entire Loco population was destroyed. Pity, since they were quite tasty.

Either way, this means that we’ve arrived before Nightmare Moon so I'd say that we're back at least a thousand years, good thing too as thats where all the most interesting bits of Equestrian history are. Luna doesn’t seem as happy about the prospect, most likely due to the fact that one thousand years ago also happened to be the most dangerous time in Equestrian history. She slowly picked her way to Apple Bloom and poked her in the side with a hoof, stirring her into the land of the living.

She too seemed rather scared of the fact that she was not in the castle and that she was in the Everfree Forest. I think I’ll leave you here quickly while Luna tries to calm her down and I’ll get a better sense of our surroundings…

Ah, they’re done now, better yet Luna has a plan. They’re going to go to the old capital of Equestria, an outpost within the Everfree Forest which was chosen due to it’s defensive capabilities, then find aid with both her past self and her sister. if all went well, they should be back in their time relatively quickly, as long as she could remember the counter-spell allowing them to go back the way they came.

With a quick nuzzle of reassurance they set, keeping close to each other and their eyes and ears searching for threats in the dark forest.

This is great, I thought the sleepover was getting rather dull, don’t you think?