• Published 24th Aug 2014
  • 1,086 Views, 14 Comments

Wish of a Princess - Tales Trails



Friendship and Love aren't the only magic in Equestria for sometimes a heart felt wish can literally reshape the world.

  • ...
11
 14
 1,086

Trixie's Plea

Trixie’s Plea
She awoke her body was wracked with pain as the morning light filtered through the trees. The pale blue unicorn tried to get to her hooves as her vision slowly came into focus. She could feel the fur of her coat feeling matted and sticky as if she had been covered with syrup, but she knew it wasn’t, she realized rather painfully that the fangs in the mouths of the changeling drones weren’t just for show. The pain and memories of the early morning hours flashed through her head before settling on one image, Twilights limp body draped across a drones back as she was carried away. “How long ago had that been? Hours?” she thought willing her body to move as she pushed past the wreckage of her wagon. “I need to tell the Guard. They’ll tell the princess and we’ll find you,” she thought slowly pushing her hooves faster and faster into a trot, and then into a gallop, off toward the village’s guard post.
Trixie pounded on the door of the guard post with her hooves, “Help! I need Help,” she pleaded not even realize she had ceased using the third person. “Please help!” she said tears of frustration beginning to flow down her muzzle as what like an eternity passed as she waited for a response.
The door opened abruptly and the bloodied pale unicorn tumbled into the barraks landing on the stallion who answered the door.

“You have to help me,” she said nearing hysterics. “My friend. Princess Twilight. Changelings.”

The stallion just stood there looking down at the mare.

“Well isn’t this my lucky day,” he said his horn lighting and before Trixie could react a pair of leg irons clamped around her forelegs.

“What are you doing?” she shouted. “I told you the Princess is in trouble. You have to help me.”

“Sure,” he said before levitating a ring around her horn nullifying her magic.

“Why are you doing this?” she pleaded tears beginning to fall in frustration. “The princess is in trouble.”

“The only pony in trouble here is you,” the stallion said. “You’re under arrest for cheating, and theft.”

“What?” she said struggling to get free, but then her heart sank as she realized who the guard was. The stallion with the bad temper who lost at cards last night.

Trixie struggled against her leg irons as the stallion began to drag her away her plea’s falling on deaf ears. She felt helpless as the restrictor placed on her horn suppressed her magic. A feeling of desperation overwhelmed her as she continued to summon as much magic as she could from her internal well, the restrictor only prevented her horn from focusing it. She could feel the surge of power push against the dam blocking her horn and the magic flowing into her hooves and out her eyes. Trixie could feel the power building she would break the ring around her horn and be free any moment. A second guard entered the room from behind her and raised a club in his telekentic grip and suddenly for Trixie the world went dark.

The pale blue unicorn opened her eyes and she was surrounded by the close quarters of her wagon. She was on her bed covered by the patchwork quilt and sighed relieved that it had all been a dream. Trixie rolled on her side and looked at the spot where she expected her marefriend to be and found it vacant. The spot was warm, she couldn’t have been gone long, so the unicorn crawled out from under the quilt and down the steps of the wagon in search of her lover.

“Twilight?” she called looking around at the campfire burning low as a cool mist covered the ground.

“Over here!” Twilight said and the mare followed the sound to the edge of the forest and a purple unicorn mare looking down at something in the mist.

“Twilight, What are you looking at? Come back to bed,” she said but the mare didn’t answer just continued to look at the mist pooling on the ground.

“What are you looking at?” Trixie asked. “Did you find something?”

Twilight didn’t answer. Trixie looked closer at the swirling mist as it began to disapate, a chill began to crawl up her spine, as a fimlar pale blue foreleg came into view. A breeze from no where pushed across the mist, and she gasped as her own bloody body was revealed laying motionless on the forest floor.

“Twilight? What’s the meaning of this?” she said turning away from the gruesome sight before screaming at the black insectoid pony that had replaced her marefriend.

The changeling lunged for her and she jumped to the side and began to back up. She looked around for Twilight but only seeing more changelings emerging from the mist. “What did you do to Twilight?” Trixie shouted but received no answers.

She didn’t know when she started running but she was galloping through the forest glancing back at the half dozen changelings closing in on her. Trixie had gathered her magic as Twilight had taught her and constructed a teleportation spell around her. She had tried several times before to use it but it never seemed to work, but, this time she needed it to work if she was going to live. A flash of light filled her vision and she crashed into something sending her spawling on to the soft grassy ground. As she opened her eyes the sun was shining brightly over head, she shook the dizziness from her head and looked around trying to get a better grasp on where she was. “I say there are you okay young lady?” a tall brown stallion asked as he adjusted his asque top hat and tie.

“I was being chased,” she said.

“By who?” he asked.

“Changelings,” she replied.

“Changelings! My word,” he said looking around him.

“Yes, they kidnapped my friend,” she said looking around wearly only to see a park on a beautiful sunny day with a picnic set out on a knoll.

“You don’t have to worry about running now,” he said.

“That’s good. I need to tell the princesses. Is there a guard post near by?” she asked.

“Why don’t you sit down and let have you with tea?” he said motioning at the red picnic basket.

“No, thank you. I must be going,” Trixie said looking for the nearest building noticing that there were none.

“I must insist. You will go great with the tea,” he said his words growing hollow and tinny.

“Excuse me?” she said turning back to the stallion in the top hat only to stare in horror as his fur began to peal off revealing the hard dark husk of the a drone.

Trixie began to run immediately and charged her horn again with no destination in mind and vanished.

Trixie charge through the large wooden doors down the red carpeted aisle past pews packed with posh ponies. She runs up to the groom and bride standing at the altar, if only because it was the high ground, and begins to shout at the audience. “Changelings! Its and invasion! Some help!” she pleaded.

She noticed and was terrified as she looked out at the audience, the audience of changelings. The spell for a quick paniced teleport once again began to take shape, but was disrupted as she was knocked to the ground by the bride and groom both preparing to sink their fangs into her body.

A crash of thunder filled the hall as lightening bold flashed from the ceiling burning into the red carpet sending a shockwave vanishing all in the room but Trixie and a pair of black legs standing before her. The pale blue unicorn just sighed realizing that this was it, she would die and never rescue Twilight.

“WHAT IS IT THOU THINKIST THOU ARE DOING!” a voice boomed over Trixie.

The unicorn quaked as she looked up to see the imposing princess of the night standing over her.

“I. . .I. . . was being chased by Changeling… no one would help me… they kept coming and coming. I kept teleporting… but each place they followed me… you have to believe me,” she pleaded tears of frustration flowing freely down her muzzle.

“There were no changelings following you,” Luna said looking down her muzzle.

“What do you mean? There were changelings! You saw them,” Trixie argued.

“There were no changelings because you are a sleep,” Luna explained calmly.

“A sleep? How? what?” she said confused.

“I do not know how you have accomplished it but you have been dragging your night mare across the equestrian dreamscape, turning may pleasant pony dreams into night mares as you went,” Luna explained. “Would you mind explaining how and why you are tampering with my relm?”

“I don’t know,” Trixie said in shock of what she heard. “But, you say I’m a sleep.”

“Yes,” Luna nodded.

“Then there is still time to save her,” Trixie said wiping the tears from her muzzle. “You have to wake me up. I need to save my.. Twilight.”

“Twilight? As in the Princess Twilight Sparkle?” Luna asked concern in her voice.

“Yes, we were sleeping and were attacked by changeling and they knocked me out and the last thing I saw was them carrying her away. I couldn’t stop them,” she sobbed. “I tried to go to the guard but they wouldn’t listen, hit me and tossed me in a cell.”

“Where are you?” Luna asked.

“We were in a village about a days trot from Manehatten,” Trixie explained. “I think it’s called Ferrierway? We have to save her. Please believe me.”

“You report of your treatment is truly vexing. I will free you an we will save my niece,” Luna said. “What is your name young mare?”

“Trixie,” she said. “Please find her, please.”

“Do not worry. We will be along shortly and will retrieve you and we can continue our search,” Luna said as she began to light her horn.

Trixie batted her eye lashes and began to stir, her head pounding too much for her to still be in the dreamscape. Her focus rested on the large stallion sitting at a desk outside of the cell and all she could thing was “you pissed off the wrong alicorn.”

Author's Note:

I'm sorry for the delay. The holiday along with being sick has really hampered my ability to stay on task. I hope you've enjoyed so far. I see 8 thumbs down at the moment. If you don't like the story for some reason or another post a comment and it will be taken under advisement. If you like it give it a big'ol thumbs up.