• Published 16th Aug 2014
  • 930 Views, 4 Comments

Friendship Is Hard Work - EntropicIrony



When tasked with spending a day with each of the mane six, Discord gets more than he bargained for...

  • ...
5
 4
 930

Balloon-Butt

“Surprise!” My sleep was suddenly interrupted by a very loud shriek of happiness. With a yelp I leapt out of bed, whirling around in confusion. At my feet sat a very happy Balloon-Butt. “Good morning Discord!” She exclaimed, hugging me tightly.

“What are you doing here?” I blinked. “How did you even find me?” For once I was at a loss as I stared down at the young mare with the curly pink fur.

“Oh it was easy!” Balloon-Butt grinned, wagging her tail. “Twilight told me you wanted to spend the day with me so I thought ‘hmm, why not surprise Discord with a party’ and here I am!” She let go of me.

“Okay...” I nodded slowly. “How did you find this place? I’m sure nopony told you where I live.”

“Oh that’s simple, silly!” Balloon-Butt somehow managed to grin even wider. “My Pinkie Sense told me where you were!” So that was the famed ‘Pinkie Sense’ I had heard so much about. I had to admit, if even to myself, that I was rather impressed. “Now hurry up and have some cake so we can get this party started!”

I was happy to note that unlike Sparkle-Butt’s quiet and orderly lifestyle, Balloon-Butt’s was quite the opposite. I was finding the scattered and seemingly erratic things she did almost fun; but then again I always did like the Element of Laughter best. With Balloon-Butt life seemed like one big party, and even I had to admit that by the afternoon I was beginning to tire of her endless energy. We had already hosted several foal’s birthday parties, three anniversaries, and a cute-ceañera and the day wasn’t even over.

“How many more parties do we have to go to?” I found myself asking at some point. Balloon-Butt only shrugged and flashed me one of her bright smiles. I later found the answer was five.

The day finally over, I collapsed onto my bed. I may have been the reigning lord of chaos but there was something about Balloon-Butt that really tired a stallion out after a whole day. I didn’t even remember falling asleep.