• Published 16th Aug 2014
  • 930 Views, 4 Comments

Friendship Is Hard Work - EntropicIrony



When tasked with spending a day with each of the mane six, Discord gets more than he bargained for...

  • ...
5
 4
 930

Prologue

There’s a bird outside that window. I wonder what it would be like to be that bird. Probably a lot less boring than it is to be me right now. Maybe I could will the bird and I to swap minds and… No, I don’t really want a bird in my body. It doesn’t matter anyway, the bird has already flown away… I’m bored… Really bored… So bored in fact, maybe I should just-

“Discord, are you even listening?” I wince at the voice of Solar-Butt, turning back to face her. That’s right, she was talking and I’m supposed to be on my best behaviour here. But she just keeps talking and… Oh horse-feathers, she’s expecting an answer now isn’t she. I nod and she goes back to talking.

“Now, do you understand why I ask this task of you?” Solar-Butt asks. Maybe I should’ve listened to her. Oh well, too late now.

“Of course, Princess Celestia.” I lie, a pleasant smile on my face. “But are you sure that it’s a good idea?” Solar-Butt sighs at my question.

“I think it might do you some good to spend time with each of the Element bearers on their own.” Solar-Butt nods. “One thing about friendship is understanding your friends, and what better way than helping them in their jobs?” Well at least I know what she’s talking about now. I have to spend a day each with Sparkle-Butt and her five friends. That’s almost an entire week! Solar-Butt must’ve seen the expression on my face because she adds “It’s only a week Discord. Unless you think you can’t handle it?” She smirks slightly and I roll my eyes.

“Of course I can handle it.” I state. “The question is: can they handle my greatness for a whole day on their own?” We both knew I was going to do it, but I let her have her fun. A bit more to-and-fro in the conversation passes and I’m finally able to leave. With a snap of my talon I disappear, reappearing at my abode in an instant. The feeling of my stomach dropping suddenly never seemed to get old no matter how many centuries I had been teleporting.

Looking at my toaster, I saw the time was merely sunset. I didn’t understand why ponies would use something as boring as clocks to tell the time; mine brought the mail in every morning, not that I ever had any. Knowing that I have a few hours to kill I decide to have a bit of fun. Snapping my paw I disappear once more, eager to play a few small tricks before Lunar-Butt decided to raise the moon.

Author's Note:

Yes Discord refers to them all as "-Butt" in his mind.