• Published 16th Aug 2014
  • 929 Views, 4 Comments

Friendship Is Hard Work - EntropicIrony



When tasked with spending a day with each of the mane six, Discord gets more than he bargained for...

  • ...
5
 4
 929

Sparkle-Butt

I was at Sparkle-Butt’s place before Solar-Butt’s sun had even risen. Grinning evilly I snuck into her room where the young mare as sleeping peacefully… Was…

With a click of my talon, the distinctive tone of fanfare sounded and Sparkle-Butt found herself catapulted out of bed. The sight of a lavender-colored mare glaring at me as she clung onto the ceiling was just too much for me and I found myself in fits of laughter in an instant.

“Discord!” Sparkle-Butt shrieked, detaching herself from the ceiling. “What was that for?” Her wings beat angrily as she hovered directly in front of me.

“Oh you should see your face!” I chortled, my legs kicking mirthfully. Upon spotting Sparkle-Butt’s bedhead, I only laughed harder. “What happened Twilight, get in a fight with a mane comb?” Sparkle-Butt glared at me as her cheeks reddened, one hoof pathetically trying to smooth down her mane as she rummaged around presumably for a mane comb.

“You’re what happened to me, Discord.” Sparkle-Butt growled tiredly as she brushed her mane. “What are you even doing here? The sun isn’t even…” She paused a moment to yawn. “...up.”

“Your beloved Princess Celestia said I have to spend the day with you.” I shrugged. Sparkle-Butt raised a brow sceptically and I shrugged. “It’s completely true. Why else would I be at your place this early? Crazy doesn’t start much before six-thirty you know.”

“Can you two keep it down?” Sparkle-Butt’s pet – Spike or something – grumbled from his bed. “I’m trying to get some sleep here.”

“Sorry, Spike.” Sparkle-Butt looked sheepish. Lowering her voice she turned to me. “Let’s talk in a more private place.” With a grin and a snap of my claws we found ourselves atop Sparkle-Butt’s roof. “That’s not what I meant!” She glared as I continued to laugh.

As the day wore on I found that a lot of Sparkle-Butt’s job consisted of shelving books, re-shelving books, and solving the occasional friendship “crisis” – though to be honest I didn’t see how being unable to open a pickle jar counted as a crisis in anypony’s book. If anything I spent most of the day bothering Spike rather than spending time with Sparkle-Butt. Finally the sun began to set and I was free to do my own thing.

“Well that was a useless waste of my time.” I sighed loudly once I had returned home. “No wonder she’s the princess of sparkling flanks – she’s almost as boring as the rest of the princesses.” I smirked cheekily at the thought of making her Cutie Mark sparkle, but thought better of it; for one thing I was too far away to really enjoy the chaos that would bring. I suddenly found myself stifling a yawn – had the day really worn me out so much? With a shrug I began to plot my plan of action for my next victim- erm, willing accomplice.