• Published 12th Aug 2014
  • 1,845 Views, 23 Comments

Bridal Regrets - QueenOfTheSilence



As Fluttershy and Discord approach their wedding date, a whole slue of things goes wrongs from jealous best friends, assassination attempts to ancient untold mystery. Fluttershy just wants to plan her wedding in peace!

  • ...
4
 23
 1,845

The Note and The Assassin

Dreaming for Discord was usually a rare thing. While he did sleep, more to pass time then anything, he rarely recalled his dreams. So it was a small surprise to him that he found himself stuck in some dark, dusty old cave. Discord knew it was a dream because even in dreamworld, he could feel Luna's magic at work. The first thing he noticed, aside from the strange setting around him was that he was in a body of a pony, a unicorn to be exact as he studied himself in a small pool of water. It was strange though, while he could make out the form of his body, his horn and the coloring of his fur, gray, he could not see his face.

The draconequus frowned and attempted to change back to his original form. Unfortunately, it seemed as though his chaotic powers were of no use to him in this realm, a new thing. Sighing, he glanced back at his surroundings. He was in fact in a cave of some sort, but it seemed like it had once been someones home. The place was large, stretching on for miles. The walls were engraved with pictures and foreign words alike. Statutes, all of unicorns, littered the place. The room Discord was currently in appeared to be the entry way from the cave to whatever place this was.

Discord briefly considered attempting to wake himself up, maybe by trying to summon Luna with his limited mundane Unicorn power or by seeing if he couldn't will himself awake. But something about this place seemed familiar and interesting. He debated quickly and decided it wouldn't hurt to take a peek around. He headed towards a large stone door at the opposite side of the room from him. As he approached it he noticed that there was a old, yellowing paper stuck to the door. While he couldn't place the era of the writing, it was definitely not modern Equestrian.

Next to the door and the note was a skeleton of a pegasus male. Around him was a large pool of dried blood and clutched in his mouth was an old feather, his own most likely. Discord regarded the note once more and briefly he considered turning around but decided against it. It was a dream after all, it wasn't like anything could actually hurt him here. Dropping the note he turned his attention back towards the door. Through the handles of the door was an old rotting piece of wood, no doubt the stallion was trying to make sure nothing got out. He levitated the board and tossed it over his shoulders and pushed on the door. It creaked as it swung open revealing a large hallway with more pictures and words carved into the walls. He took a step forward and slowly began trotting down the hall.

As he did, he tried to rack his brain and attempt to place the language on the walls. It was nothing like he had seen before, it didn't match Equestrian, Draconian, or any other language he knew. But...something about it was familiar, but he couldn't place it. Wait! Yes he could... It was...Discord

-

Discord jerked awake, hitting heads with a concerned Fluttershy. For a brief moment Discord was sure there was three Fluttershys in front of him instead of one. After a moment though, his head cleared and the three Fluttershys became one. Fluttershy was clutching her head and looking at him with concern. "Are you okay? If you, um, don't mind me asking that is....."
she asked softly.

Discord rubbed his bruised forehead from where his head has met hers. "Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" he said while doing so. It was then when he noticed and remembered about the other people in the room. While the train car they were residing in was reserved for the group, it was an open concept car which looked like a miniature apartment more then a train car. Across the room, seated on one of the couches, Twilight spoke up.

"You were mumbling and making weird sounds in your sleep." she stated, briefly lowering her book before going back to it. An enthusiastic Pinkie Pie chimed in.

"Yeah, you were totally going on about some magical artifact and how you were going to "end them all", whatever the heck that means" Discord frowned at this news. Artifact? End them all? That didn't ring a bell, nor was there any indication he was searching for something. Though that might explain why he was in such a weird place in his dream, but it was just a dream so he really didn't think anything of it.

He stretched and got up from his seat. "No idea what you were talking about, I was dreaming about...What was I dreaming about? Huh" Twilight shared a look with Rainbow Dash, one that the draconaquus knew he was not suppose to see, and one he couldn't discern. Shaking off the sudden wave of uneasiness he decided to turn his attention else where.

"So Princess Sour-Star: When are we going to be there?" While her face was hidden by her book, Discord could see her jaw and could see it tighten at hearing that name. She quickly lowered her book again, agitation on her face.

"Within the hour and don't ever call me that again" Slamming her book close, she got up from her seat and exited the train cart. Fluttershy sighed at her friends slightly dramatic exit. She honestly wasn't sure why Twilight was so mad, after all Discord had called her worse things before....mind you most of them WERE behind her back...

But still, her friend has seemed antsy and agitated during the last six hours on the train. In fact all of them did. Fluttershy really didn't have to do rocket science to figure out why. She sighed for what seemed like the millionth time today and shook her head.

"Something wrong my dear?" Discord appeared behind her, wrapping his body around her. She snuggled into his embrace and smiled. "No, nothing, don't worry." At least she had Discord to make things better.

----

The size of Manehattan always managed to surprise Fluttershy. Every time she came here , she was sure it had gotten even bigger then last time. As she pressed her muzzle against the train window and watched the city begin to come into view, she couldn't help but wonder what would happen over the next few days. The tension between her friends and lover was already high and she have a fairly strong feeling it was going to be in close quarters. Still, perhaps being in such close quarters would do them all good; this could be the time where she could get them all to be friends. A small smile on her mouth, she left the window and made her way over to her friends. Her fiance was nowhere to be seen, probably annoying other guests on board.

Her friends where pored over a map of the city, excitingly talking about things they wanted to do and see. Even Rarity, who had been in a bad mood for the whole trip seemed to be in better spirits. "We simply MUST go back to the theatre. I hear they are putting on a performance of Sleeping Beauty this month. Oh what I wouldn't do girls, to have a knight come and rescue me and take me away" The white unicorn sighed happily as she entered dreamland. Fluttershy giggled at her friend. Always the dreamer.

"Well I wanna go see my Aunt and Uncle Orange if that's all right with y'all. I didn't have the time to see them the last time we were here and I'd like to see how they're doing." Fluttershy nodded in compliance.

"Oh I totally get it, I would take any chance myself to go visit my family if I had the chance" AppleJack smiled at the other mare.

"Thanks Fluttershy, you always are the most understanding mare." she said as she turned back to the map in front of them.

Next to Applejack a zoned out Twilight suddenly got a large frown on her face. She glanced up at Fluttershy and gave her a quick look over. "That reminds me, you've never told me, or any of us I think, about your family before" she stated inquiringly. Fluttershy blushed.

"Oh that's because there isn't much to say really, my family really isn't that- Her mom is some model and her father heads the Cloudsdale weather team" interrupted Rainbow Dash, a bored expression on her face. Rarity gasped and quickly pulled the shy mare towards her.

"Model? Your mother was a model?" she asked excitedly, gripping Fluttershy closely. Fluttershy squeaked as air left her lungs and she tried desperately to breath. Unfortunately, Rarity's current grip on her was not allowing that.

"Uh Rarity, I think your crushing her" spoke up a concerned Princess Cadence. Rarity blushed and quickly released the now completely frightened and lightheaded mare. Rainbow Dash, seeing that her friend was to busy attempting to put air in her lungs, decided to speak up.

"Yeah. Her name was...What was her name? Something Gem" Suddenly Rarity was in Rainbow's face, pulling her close to the point where there was a mere centimeter between their faces.

"AQUA GEM!?!?" she asked astounded and shocked. Rainbow Dash should have expected what would come next. The moment she nodded her head, the unicorn was jumping and squealing like a mad pony before tackling a barely recuperated Fluttershy once more.

"YOUR MOTHER IS... YOUR MOTHER IS AQUA GEM AND YOU DIDN'T TELL ME! WHY WOULD YOU NOT TELL ME!" she shook the yellow pegasus with such vigor that the others thought for sure she would break poor Fluttershy in half. Fluttershy squealed out of fear and attempted to escape.

"What's so special about this... Aqua Gem?" Rarity stopped her assault and turned towards the voice, which happened to be Twilight Sparkle. Big mistake.

"What's so... She is one of THE biggest supermodels of the last three decades. She has been the cover girl for numerous magazines, She has won Ms. Equestria not once but twice! AND TO BOOT SHE HAS ONE OF THE HIGHEST GROSSING MAKE UP LINES AROUND! WHICH I USE DAILY! AND MY BEST FRIEND COULDN'T EVEN MENTION SHE WAS RELATED TO HER!

Rarity whipped her head around and turned to stare at the trembling Fluttershy who was seriously hoping that Discord would reappear. "I....um......it didn't seem like a big deal.....she's just my mom......." Before Rarity could tackle her again, Twilight spoke up.

"I'm sure she didn't mean it personally Rarity, you know Fluttershy is a private person" the others nodded in agreement. Rarity opened her mouth then closed it. Without another word she stormed out of the room. Fluttershy started to go after her but Cadence stopped her, offering a warm smile.

"Give her time, I'm sure she's just excited that's all. Besides I think it would be best if Twilight or Spike talked to her." she suggested. Fluttershy bit her lip and sighed before nodding in agreement. Just then the crackling speakers turned on and the conductor began talking.

"We are arriving in Manehatten in a matter of minutes. Please gather your belongings.... Oh and whoever owns the draconequus and the pink pony jumping out at unsuspecting passengers, PLEASE COME GET THEM!

-

"We are arriving in Manehatten in a matter of minutes. Please gather your belongings.... Oh and whoever owns the draconequus and the pink pony jumping out at unsuspecting passengers, PLEASE COME GET THEM!

A stallion, with his face concealed by his hood, smirked as he watched the door to the private car open and close. Hiding behind a bush, he watched as a purple alicorn and a small dragon walked by, no doubt Princess Twilight and her assistant, Spike, in pursuit of their friend who had ran out just minutes ago. Before the door could close behind her, he quickly used his magic to keep it open. He waited a minute until he was sure the princess had left before quickly sliding up to the door. He quickly glanced around before taking a peek inside the compartment. Just as he hoped and expected, there was his target. A pegasus mare with pink hair and a butter yellow coat and a cutiemark that consisted of three butterflies. Of course most of her friends were with her, but along as that pesky draconequus was away, he should be fine.

-

The first thing Fluttershy noticed about the sudden stallion bursting into the room was his clothing. It was odd, like something out of a history book. He wore heavy black hooded robes with a strange spherical symbol on the front. His mane, which she could barely see since it was covered by his hood was a pale blue and his coat was a rusty orange.

The second thing she noticed was that he was staring at her. And in a not so good way too. What happened next was something she only read about in adventure books. He charged at her, using his magic to hold a small but nasty looking dagger, attempting to stab her. They struggled for a few seconds, as both tried to get the upper hand before he hit her upside the head, stunning her. Grinning, attempted to thrust down the dagger before he was thrown against the side of the room. He gasped in pain and stood up and looked at his assailants. Princess Cadence stood before him, venomously staring at him.

He snarled and lunged again, but this time at the princess. He was stopped by Rainbow Dash who jumped on him to stop him. "What the fuck is wrong with you!?!?" she asked as they struggled for dominance. As the stallion attempted to push himself away, the other two remaining friends joined in. In a matter of seconds, they had him pinned down, with a very pissed off Cadence staring at him.

"Who are you and what do you want" she asked through clenched teeth. The stallion merely spit in her face, which earned him a hard kick to the ribs from AppleJack.

"I'm not answering, you whore" Once again he earned a kick to the side, this time by a enraged Cadence.

"Call me a whore again and you won't live to see nightfall. Now I will ask you again, who are you and why did you attempt to kill my friend." Cadence used her magic to pull his face closer to hers. The stallion merely laughed in her face, which unsettled her.

"You want to know my dear? I am here to kill the hope" before Cadence could react the stallion headbutted her, making her drop him from his grasp. Instead of attacking Fluttershy again, he quickly ran through the open door. "I will be back, do not doubt that"

Rainbow Dash snarled and giving a look to AppleJack, flew after the assailant. "We're gonna go find this guy Sugarcube, we'll try to warn the others if we see them. Watch Fluttershy" said the earth pony running after the pegasus. Concerned for her friend, Cadence turned towards Fluttershy.

She was curled into a ball in the center of the room, tears were streaming down her face as she sobbed lightly. She approached the mare and pulled her to her. "Hey, it's okay. It's over now." They sat like that for a good while, Cadence cradling a distraught and frightened mare before Rainbow Dash and the others returned, Discord at the front. He practically grabbed Fluttershy from Cadence's hands, holding her close.

She cried into his fur, allowing him to hold her. Nearby Cadence, AppleJack and Rainbow Dash began to explain in detail to their friends what exactly had happened. ".....and then he said: You want to know my dear? I am here to kill the hope. Then he ran off." said Cadence.

Twilight frowned and began to pace on the spot. "This makes no sense, why or who would want to kill Fluttershy? She's the sweetest mare around! She's never done anything to hurt anyone.....We need to find out who this pony is. Did you find any trace of him?"

AppleJack and Rainbow Dash shook their heads. "We tried, but it's like he disappeared into thin air. We searched every car. There is no sign of this nutcase" said Rainbow Dash, glancing over at her friend, who was still crying into Discords fur, though she was starting to calm down.

"Should we head to Canterlot? This doesn't seem like some crazy pony or a random attack. This seems planned" spoke of Rarity, who was feeling incredibly guilty for having ditched her friend.

"....No...." Everyone jerked there heads towards the voice. Fluttershy pulled her face away from Discord and turned towards her friends. "No, I'm fine." she said softly. Her friends stared at her strangely for a few seconds.
'

"Fine ? Some madpony just attempted to stab you!" yelled Discord. "This isn't something small, if there is even a chance he is going to come back, then-NO! " Fluttershy cringed at the volume of her voice.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to yell, but um. I don't want to ruin this trip for all of you. I mean AppleJack was going to see her aunt and uncle and Rarity wants to go to the theater. I'll be fine......" She wiped her face with her hoof and glanced at her friends. She could tell they did not like this. She could also tell Discord would have none of it.

"Well maybe if we are extra vigilant....." Before Twilight could finish her sentence, she found herself face to face with Discord.

"If you even t-" Fluttershy stopped him once more, pulling him towards her. She gently nuzzled him and smiled. He in turned sighed and hugged his counterpart. He was such a pushover!

"Fine! But you are not leaving my sight! And if this guy comes back, I'm turning him into a basket ball and Twilight Sparkle cannot stop me!" he said, trying to look macho, causing the group to roll his eyes. Rainbow Dash stretched her wings and spoke.

"Well guys, it looks like this is going to be one interesting trip. To think I thought it was going to be dull."

Author's Note:

Did I write another chapter. Feel free to point out mistakes and to give criticism. Poor Flutters, getting attacked by an assassin. We'll see more of him, don't think you won't. We will also see Fluttershy's parents in future chapters.

The paper I used in the photo is: http://ftourini.deviantart.com/art/old-paper-stock-02-256716612, which the creator allows people to use for commercial use.
The blood on the page is from some photoshop brush sets. The sets are: http://www.deviantart.com/art/Ink-Splatter-Brushes-460187635 and http://www.deviantart.com/art/Photoshop-Spatter-Brushes-386271762.

Also yes, the dream is not some random thing I inserted. It has a purpose and will be continued in future chapters.