• Published 3rd Aug 2014
  • 3,899 Views, 186 Comments

Destiny DLC: The Gathering Light - observer of dimensions



Equestria has flourished under the care of the Alicorns for years but when they recive a vister from a world far far away things start to change. A hidden history is revealed and a new adventure far beyond the borders of Equestria begins

  • ...
5
 186
 3,899

The Last City Adventure Part 2

“Why me? I’m not normally up during this time of day anyway.”

“Because out of all the Guardians I know I know you the most.”

“Tell me, when does seeing a person at night watching the stars from your hangar bay count as knowing them. We barely even talk to each other.”

“We’ve talked more than I have with most of other Guardians. They just come to me for ships and sparrows.”

Can’t you just go alone?”

“Na ah that’s a no can do. Cayde-6 said I need a Guardian escort outside the Tower cause i'm important Tower staff. Which I can understand in some regard but it is still annoying. Anyway will you help me?”

“...”

“”service tag B449 ‘Winter’ Will you help me find Twilight Sparkle?”


Twilight and her companions walked along the green healthy grass of the a small park they had found on their tour of the city. Twilight Sparkle was on a mission here in the park. A mission of utmost importance.Her self appointed mission: To find children.

“Finding Awaken and Human kids with two grown man… yep not creepy in the slightest.” Jeremy said pensively.

Nox-23 shrugged “It’s not a big deal.”

Jeremy gave him a blank look as he tap Nox-23 shoulder with his knuckles. “that’s only because you Exo’s don’t have offspring so you may not be familiar with the term stranger danger.”

“Pony!” from the voice of a child stopped any continuation of Jeremy’s and Nox-23 conversation.

A young boy no older than 10 was running toward them, or rather Twilight. “Tavor!” A voice with a robotic ring to it called out. The boy halted to a stop. His head slowly turned toward the origin of the voice all the while looking like he had been caught with a hand in the cookie jar.

Several yards behind the boy stood a Exo surrounded chidren. A Exo they had seen before by the name of Chrysto-12

Chrysto-12 immediately noticed the three. He gave them a simple and quick nod of acknowledgement before returning his focus to the child before him. Tavor seemed to shrink under the Exo’s gaze. “I’m sorry.” Chrysto-12 continued to give the kid a stern gaze. “I shouldn’t separate from the group for any reason.” The stare remained. “Or talk to strangers without your permission.” The young boy received a pat on his head.

“Permission granted.”

Instantly Twilight was surrounded the gang of children. “Uh, what. Guys this isn’t want i meant when I said I wanted to see foals of your world. Nox? Jeremy? help!”

Ignoring the already doomed pony. Nox-23 introduced Jeremy to Chrysto-12. “...We met the day I took Twilight out into the field, though he isn’t much of a talker. Jeremy held out his hand which Chrysto-12 shook with his own.

“So what’s all this about.” Nox-23 pointed at the kids.

“Ow! don’t pull that, that’s my ear!

“Daycare. The Officials wanted an astute, level headed, and well trained person. to keep the children safe. “they got a Guardian instead.”

“My wings aren’t toys.”

A small glance at the kids and pony revealed the young ones extending Twilight’s wings and were either trying to tickle each other or wear it like a hat. “Well it seems like you know what you are doing.” jeremy motion to the kids.”and are very good at it.”

Chrysto-12 nodded. “Yes, I have done this many times. I must be going now. It was...nice to see you again. Nox-23.” Chrysto-12 then called out to the children. “Time to go!” The horde of kids detached themselves from the poor pony without complaint and immediately began to follow the Exo.

“If I ever get the idea to want to see any foals of another race remind me what happened here.” Nox-23 and Jeremy looked down at the mare who spoke. While Nox-23 was able to keep a straight face. Jeremy chuckled loudly at the mare’s condition. Twilight’s mane was disheveled badly. Some feathers on her wings were sticking out at odd angles and her Kimono was wrinkled to a great degree, almost splitting open. Boy was today turning at to be a mix bag of fun and disappointment.


“GGOOOODDD afternoon everyone! I’m your host Roger Roger and I’m here with my co-host Bender at the Last City Radio Tower with the latest news for all you Guardians out there.”

“Now for our top story today. We received word not to long ago that the major Foundries will not be able to produce any new weapons this year.”

“That’s right Roger. Why you ask? Well look no farther than the City Consensus. Earlier this year the Consensus came to an agreement to cut funding to the Foundries and instead focus on renovating the city. Tex Mechanica on the other other hand is facing a whole nother problem.”

“Yes, this is due to an attempt by two high ranking employees of Tex Mechanica trying to bribe the manager of the crucible, Lord Shaxx into promoting their weapons as the Crucible gear to have. Lord Shaxx however wasn’t too happy by their little stunt and instead has declared the ban of their weapon for several months

“in other news, The Speaker has requested that all Guardians behave in front of our four legged guest. This is to insure a possible Alliance with her kind within the future.”

“There is however no information on when that is likely to happen as there is nothing known past her Name, equine appearance and the rumor that she has the power of magic at her beck and call...


“Look at that Ass.”

Nox-23 turned to his friend, shocked anger in his eyes. “What did you say?” The Titan quickly stole a glance at Twilight. She had her back to them, talking to a florist about the edibility of flowers. “Where the hell did that comment come from. I know you're a womanizer but you have never said like something like that before.”

Jeremy replied to Nox-23’s reaction with a confused expression. “Um I’m talking about the actual animal that is pulling the carriage down there.” Jeremy pointed a donkey several yards away from Twilight.

“oh.” Nox-23 replied, quite embarrassed at himself.

“Jeremy just shrugged. “Happens to the best of us.”

The two of them watched as the donkey stopped to let off its passengers. The ears of the donkey perked up as it lifted it’s head. Something had caught it’s attention and judge by the angle it was looking into that something was Twilight. It’s nose up in the air trying to grasp Twilight’s scent.

The driver was preoccupied with chatting with his customers to realize that his animal was slowly trotting away, toward the young mare. The two Guardians gave a quick glance to each other. In that moment they were able to convey to each other what they needed to do. Nox-23 would make his way to Twilight just in case and Jeremy would watch in amusement was the event unfolded.


Log Entry 154

It has been several days since we have been given the O.K. to research the Fallen’s equipment and weapons. We have already dismantled some of the weapons as well as test out how they worked. Through these tests we have discovered that the weapons have a sort of inductor that gives the weapon’s projectiles a specialized damage type beyond the standard kinetic type that Nox-23 used. There are three known to us so far. Solar, Arc, and Void, none of which are tied to any magic. Further study is needed to understand more.

With this discovery however, one must ask. Where does magic fit in.

-Gear Box


Twilight and her two humanoid friends were reaching the end of the tour of the city, and the day itself was soon reaching its Twilight hours. Instead of taking a bus back home the three of them were walking the streets back to the apartment.

Twilight tried her best to continue on her way home but failed in doing so more times than succeeding against temptation. Thankfully Nox-23 and Jeremy were patient enough to wait for her.

“Look at this beautiful sight ruined.” A familiar voice lead the three to a familiar face.

Zeelock, smiling back at the three of them from his chair in front of a small cafe. He was not alone. sitting across from him was another man with white hair, blue eyes and light gray war paint around his eyes. Both had a cup of tea which happened to be Earl Grey, on the table that was between them.

Instead of waiting for anyone or pony to speak up about his colorful comment he completed it.
“By the ugly buildings behind them.”

Zeelock was met by silent stares from unamused Guardians. “Well they can’t all be winners. The warlock shrugged.

“so how is the guardian life treating you Twilight?” the mystery man asked.

“ah... good?” Twilight answered looking at him curiously.

The man smiled at Twilight’s answer then suddenly slapped his forehead. “I’m sorry I didn’t introduce myself did I. I’m Victor Smith.”

The man jumped out of his seat, hand extended toward Twilight. “Nice to meet the first alien to fight with us instead of against us. Twilight casually raised her hoof and shook it with Victor. Victor then shook Jeremy and Nox-23 hands as well.

Victor’s mouth slowly curled up in a mischievous smile. Anyone looking at him could see a small glint in his eyes. The glint of a mastermind creating a plan within his mind that could either be beneficial or disastrous to the health of the three standing before him.

“I have a proposition for the three of you. There is a big mission that the Vanguard are calling guardians on. A big one that will take us to Mars to face a threat to the Traveler. I have been asked to put a team together to head in and take out that threat. I already have two others joining me, now i just need three more.”

Without hesitation Jeremy spoke up. “I’m in.” Jeremy and Victor turned to Nox-23 next.

The Exo’s purple eyes slowly lowered down until they were met with a second pair of purple orbs.”Only if Twilight thinks she is ready for this.”

The mare took on a solemn look as she thought of her options. She could play it safe and sit out. There were plenty of other guardians who would gladly take on the mission while she could step back and do something else to contribute to the Last City. However what would others think of her. She can here to help, it is what she told everyone the day she was introduced to the world. She needed to do something worth noticing, something that would make people think of her as a great assist to the Guardians and not some straw in the haystack. She needed to say yes, No she wanted to say yes. Determination in her eyes she looked up into Victor’s blue ones. “You have Nox and me at your side.” No sooner did she saw that she was picked up off the ground and spun around like a rag doll.

“Finally ah found you little pony, you’re hard ta find in a city this big.”

“Holiday? What are you doing.” The spinning stopped and Twilight’s feet found purchase on the ground. Unfortunately She had yet to recover and ended up teetering back and forth.
“Twilight are you okay?” Nox-23 asked the wobbling pony.

“Yep just need to stir the chicken and dance the song.” The others looked at each other in confusion, trying to decipher what Twilight meant, though Zeelock and slightly after Victor, started laughing.

When Twilight finally came around she found that two more people had join her and her friends. One of them was Winter, whom she briefly met in Russia. The other, however, was a short blonde haired female that she had not met before. She smelled like oil and grease and wore a sleeveless mechanic’s suit over her body, though the zipper was left just below her chest. The woman smiled at Twilight and held out her hand. “I’m Amanda Holiday, The Tower’s head mechanic and Shipwright, nice to meetcha’.”


After introductions, the they took seats and ordered of food and drinks for those among the group that could consume them.

“So why were you looking for me?” Twilight asked as she took a bit of her salad.

Holiday nodded, almost opening her mouth spitting out her food. Insead she swallowed which unfortunately she did a little too quickly resulting with her coughing. “Whoa, went down the wrong pipe there.”

“You ok?” Nox-23 asked.

“Yea, yea. now the reason why I came all this way to find you is that I wanted to ask you where you got the metals that you and your Exo friend gave us for analysis.”

“Oh you mean the Mithril and Orichalcum.” Twilight’s response was followed by Holiday spilling her drink.

While the Shipwright went about cleaning the mess Zeelock lean toward Twilight with a prepex expression. “So you are telling us that your world has mythical metals, the likes of which have only been known to exist in fantasy stories.”

Twilight blanked. “Yes, I’m actually surprised that you have heard of them before.”

“Um Nox? You didn’t happen to actually find a way into the land of make-believe instead of another planet did you?”

“Sometimes I wonder if we really did.” Nox-23’s Ghost answered.

“can we get back on topic here?” Holiday asked, now done with cleaning up. “Twilight How much more of this stuff do you have in your homeland. If we had more here we could be cranking out stronger ships and gear than ever before. Heck If this is truly Mithril and Orichalcum ah’m sure there is a ton of people who would want to get there hands on it. You could become a rich pony.”

The gathered party looked to Twilight for the information they seeked. “Well…” Twilight started off weakly “I don’t actually know how much we have on my planet. I have never really paid attention to stuff like that. Also Orichalcum and Mithril can only be found on Dragon’s Lair Island. I’m sure the name speaks for itself.”

“You gotta be kidding me. If dragons lived there then how did you mine there in the first place.” Winter asked.

“Every few years dragons all across the world come together for the great Dragon Migration. The migration itself last for about a month which is the only time ponies can mine. Once that month starts to reach it’s end the miners collapse the mine and leave.”

“And the dragons haven't caught on yet?” Jeremy’s Ghost asked.

Twilight shook her head. “Most dragons tend not to care about anything other than food, gems, and their hoards. As long as they don’t see anypony or smell any residual scent by their hoards the miners won’t have any problems.”

Amanda Holiday leaned back in her chair and sipped what was left of her drink. “You have given me some things to think about Twilight Sparkle. Unfortunately, I’ve been away from the tower too long and I rather not yelled at so I’m going to take my leave here...but hey if need something done Ship or Sparrow wise just let me know, I’ll see if I can help out.

“Um I don’t have a Sparrow.” Twilight replied sheepishly.

“Hmm? I see, well it was nice to finally met you see ya guys later.” Holiday flagged down a waiter to pay for her drink. Winter said nothing to the rest of the group and only gave them a small courtesy nod before leaving with the Shipweight.

Eventually, everyone split up to do their own thing before the day ended leaving Twilight Nox-23 and his Ghost to walk home.

Nox-23 looked down to the pony besides him. She was to focused on the looking ahead to notice. Nox-23 however saw the faint smile on her face. While the day had it’s ups and downs it was nevertheless a success in improving Twilight’s mood. He too was happy with how the day went. Nox-23 and Twilight were so caught up in their thoughts that they did not notice that a someone was watching them from afar.

The figure watched them for a little while longer then walked in the opposite direction shaking his head.