• Published 29th Jul 2014
  • 1,235 Views, 101 Comments

The Changing Heart - TheChaosMage



A once proud changeling soldier gets knocked unconscious from the force of Cadence and Shining Armor's love. His connection form the queen severed, He must now try to find a place where he truly belongs. This lead him back to Canterlot to start anew.

  • ...
5
 101
 1,235

Chapter 6: Unexpected Events

Chapter 6: Unexpected Events

-----

Lynx gazed over at his window curious if it was merely a coincidence, but that curiosity was quickly silenced by three more knocks. Lynx moved over to his window and pulled aside the curtain to discover some pony he had never seen before. There just outside his window was an ash grey pegasus with violet eyes and a short cut mane which was white as snow. Lynx opened his window only to have the pegasus invite himself in and land in the center of the room.

"Shut the window and close the curtains." The grey pegasus ordered in a rather demanding tone.

"And why would I do that?" Lynx questioned as he turned to look at his uninvited guest.

"Because I know what you are Lynx." He responded with a sinister grin growing on his lips.

At a loss for words Lynx closed the window with his magic not taking his eyes off the grey pegasus for a single moment. His entire body shook as the pegasus turned to face Lynx and in flash of emerald fire turned himself into a changeling. Lynx was at a loss and also transformed into his changeling form, "Who are you?"

The changeling snickered, "I'm surprised you don't remember me, we were hatched right beside each other."

"Dox?" Lynx asked in confusion and a new found excitement upon realizing that his intruder was once his hatch mate.

"Yes Lynx," Dox answered rolling his eyes, his changeling form was also unique when compared to the drones. He was a bit larger than most and had a similar mane style to his pony form. He began pacing around lynx's room, "It would seem that you too were affected by the Canterlot Condition"

Lynx looked more confused then ever as he kept a close eye on his hatch mate. "What's the Canterlot Condition?" He asked perplexed at what Dox had just informed him of.

-----

Storm was awoken upon haring a knock at her door. Brushing away her tangled mane she stumbled out of her bed and went to answer her door. Cracking it open she looked out to see the golden armor of a guard pony, "Can I help you?"

"I'm pretty sure you can."

Storm looked up and saw a familiar dark blue stallion, a small smile spread across her muzzle as she opened the door, "What could possibly be so important that you needed to come here at this hour?" She said in a playful tone rolling her eyes as the last lock slid out of place.

The stallion stepped inside and removed his helmet, revealing his short scruffy mane hidden under it, "What I can't be worried about you?"

"Just spit it out runner." She said closing the door behind him.

"Well I figured I'd give you a heads up on a situation that could be rather dangerous. The changelings are back. Now don't panic there are only two of them but I just figured you would be safer to keep you in the loop."

"I already know, another guard pony told me." She said barely able to keep her head up.

"Oh... well okay then... good..." ruffling her mane with his hoof he smiled, "I just want you to be safe, I care about you ya'know?"

"Yeah, I know, don't worry." Letting out a soft yawn she rubbed her eye, "Was that all? I could really use the sleep."

"Uh yeah, sorry for waking you." He apologized grabbing his helmet, and heading out the door, "Goodnight D"

"I thought I told you not to call me that?"

"Couldn't resist." Letting out a small chuckle he beat his wings and took off into the night sky.

Storm watched him leave and closed the door before returning to her bedroom. It wasn't long before her face hit her pillow once more and she drifted back to sleep.

The guard pony rested atop a cloud high above the city. He enjoyed the night shift as it allowed him to look at Canterlot when it was most beautiful, and gave him a sense of pride in the fact that he was keeping the streets safe while every pony else was asleep. Looking towards the market area he saw two faint flashes of green come from one of the windows. He sat there for a moment debating whether or not he should pursue it. "Better safe then sorry." he whispered gliding down to investigate the green flashes.

----

The guard smiled at the mare, "Well I could have sworn I heard that name come up at the Golden Elixir... Actually yeah I think he's one of the employee's there. Planning on following up on it tomorrow?"

"Most likely, this Lucky Star is some pony of interest to me and I would like to avoid any hassle if I can."

"Why is he so important? Got a crush on him or something?"

"Oh no nothing like that, he's just new in town and I would like to get to know him a little better." Her cheeks blushing a faint shade of pink.

"I get ya, well we better get back to patrol”

"Right." She gave him a fake smile as he trotted off, she knew were and when to find her target, now she just needed to act.

"What progress have you made Para?" Asked a dark chilling voice.

"N-Nothing much my queen, I might have a location on our target." She replied shakily upon hearing the words of her queen piercing her mind.

"Go find your brother's now, Dox has found the target at the Golden Elixir, Do not fail me."

"I won't my queen." She responded trembling at the thought of failing her queen. It wasn't long before she found herself standing at the empty door of the restaurant. Unlocking the door she stepped inside quietly, and took the form of another. She was now a red unicorn with a black mane and teal eyes. The armor of the royal guard now nothing more than a black vest.

Neon, stirred in his sleep unable to rest and soon woke up. His throat was dry and his mane was a mess. Using his magic he pulled the bottle of water over to him and took a short sip before storing it back were it belonged.

The red unicorn slowly crept up the stairs, and pressed her ear to one of the doors hearing the voices of two changeling stallions inside and a small smile spread on her lips. Opening the door she stepped inside and pounced on Lynx taking him to the floor, “Brother!”

Author's Note:

Sorry for taking a long hiatus, and sorry this chapter is the shortest one yet. I will not make this a common trend and will be working to produce longer chapter's in the future.

Please don't hesitate to tell me what you thought of this chapter and to point out any extra editing that might need to be done because I overlooked it.