• Published 14th Apr 2012
  • 1,313 Views, 23 Comments

Dreams flow like ice - USSOakland



Kasper Makarov led a sad lonely life. He lived at an ice lab in Antarctica alone until a storm...

  • ...
2
 23
 1,313

Chapter 4

Chapter 3







The Trek to the mountains was long but worth it. Kasper had to run through woods at the base of the mountain trying to avoid something that was following him. After he escaped the woods he had to rock climb up 300 feet of rock to get to a flat plateau that lay very high atop the mountain. Once there he could see the entire landscape around him, to his left a small town that lay outside rolling hills and a dark forest. To his right he could see where he came from, a large bay with a small sea town located on the bays right side. In front of him or more specifically blow him, was a large castle over looking a city that was built into the mountains. Kasper could have sworn that he saw that castle before but right in the middle of his remembering was a deep growl. Kasper turned around to see a large K-9-bear like animal staring him down. Kasper froze like the ice that accumulated on the animal's fur.

"Holy....Crap" said Kasper still standing frozen on the spot.

The Animal heard him and lunged, Kasper quickly jumped out of the dog-bear's claw. Kasper guessed that his voice triggered the attack, He was a good distance away from it so he looked for a way out, no way out, dammit. Kasper knew that with no escape, he had to fight it. Looking at his new sword he grasped its hilt and pulled out the navel cutlass preparing for battle, he really wanted to try this thing out since he first got it. The dog-bear turn back to him and beard its frozen teeth in intimidation, the animal charged Kasper head on. Kasper could see it coming his way and felt a cold felling run through his veins, his cutlass seamed to have reacted to his feeling and it started to emit a fog like dry ice but then the fog that the sword created got sucked back in like if it was a vacuum. He stared at it for a second before remembering the animal and again side stepped while slashing it. The dog-bear fell to its side and lay still not a sound it made,wait I think I missed, then how did I still hit it?. Kasper saw on the side of the beast was a slash mark that his sword made even though it didn't hit it, the slash mark didn't even look like one, it looked like if the fur fell off and the skin was shrunk and sucked in. A strange fog came out of the slash mark and made its way to his cutlass and got sucked into it.

"Wow dude, that freaking crazy and awesome." Said Kasper out loud.

He decided it was now a good time to make it down from the mountain before more dog-bear things come along. Before leaving the mountain he took one last look at the heights,

"Wow, now I know why mom always worked on these things." Kasper looked down at his feet remembering his mother, then snapped out of it and started to head down the mountain.

It was a long hike down mountain but not as long as it took to get up it. Once at its base he turned to a dark forest that he saw on the mountain. Kasper decided to go inside the forest to find some food, he was starving but for some reason when he killed that animal atop the plateau he felt like the fog its wound emitted satisfied him just a bit. In the forest he could see bogs and thick vegetation growing everywhere, Kasper just used his sword to cut through it easily. About a minute into his hacking and slashing he hit something soft but hard, his cutlass easily slashed it in half but when it fell it made a hissing noise. Kasper looked down to see a snake head the size of a basket ball fall to his feet and bear its fangs before dieing. What the hell?..... his thoughts where interrupted by a loud HISSsssss!!!.... wait it wasn't one hiss, it was way more than one like 10 more. he looked up to see 10 snake heads rise up to him at eye level and simultaneously bear their fangs at him.

"RUNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!" he said out loud while sprinting past the hydra.

Kasper sprinted for his life through the thick forest looking for any way out of it. He could hear the sound of heavy foot steps ring through the forest. He ran even faster when he heard it, then out of the corner of his eye he could see an opening with sun light.YES!!!! he thought and turned in its direction and sprinted out in to light. Still running he saw an opening of a town, wait, is that PONYVILLE?!?! he said while sprinting into town. just behind him was a large snake beast with 10 heads running after him. All the ponies in town stopped to see a strange bipedal creature sprinting for its life away from a hydra. Kasper stopped in town square and drew his cutlasswhy so meany MONSTERS! he thought.

"if its a fight you want its a fight you'll get" he whispered to him self.

Kasper Screamed and charged at the creature head on.



(so that's my chapter for now to keep you guys at bay (sorry for the long wait) any way the story will get better while it goes on and it will play into the second fic aswell. hope you liked the chapter, bye for now guys! :{D)