• Published 27th Jul 2014
  • 900 Views, 4 Comments

A Hoof Heights Story: Sapphire Shores and Jill Jewel - lyra_lover777



Sapphire Shores thinks she is as straight as a stick. Then she meets Jill Jewel. Maybe Sapphire isn't as straight as a stick after all.

  • ...
1
 4
 900

Chapter 7

The next day was bliss as Sapphire finally gave in to her feelings and felt her soul gush and soar with love and hope, but also fear and doubt. What if Jill didn't feel the same? But it didn't matter at that moment of pure happiness as all the ponies of Hoof Heights were gathered before her in a large crowd in the square, chanting her name.

The day had been ordinary, the same as it had been for the past few days. She and Fashion had eaten breakfast and worked at the shop. They had worked until around 2:30 so they could get to the party early.
Now Sapphire stood before them all. She was happy now that she wouldn't have to wear the ridiculous trench coat and fedora anymore, no matter how bedazzled they were.

The Mayor, named Mayor Key, trotted onto the stage. She was a female pegasus, probably in her early to mid fifties. Her coat was fuschia, but her wing color was odd. They looked as though they were dyed because the fuschia faded to a red on her wings. Her mane was slate gray and her eyes were dark green. A pair of horn rimmed glasses were perched on her nose and her cutie mark was a single red key.

She held a large golden trophy in her hooves and set it down in front of Sapphire.

"In behalf of all of Hoof Heights, I thank you!" said the Mayor. The crowd cheered loudly in response. The Mayor smiled warmly at the crowd.

"Sapphire Shores is the new hero of Hoof Heights!" screamed they Mayor. The cheers were three times as loud as before as Sapphire threw herself off of the stage. The ponies below caught her and passed her around. Sapphire was thoroughly enjoying this. Not that she had never experienced this sort of thing, it was just that it felt good to be applauded for something that was you instead of something that wasn't even your real talen- Sapphire stopped that thought. She then pushed it away and continued enjoying the experience.

After another minute the ponies set her down. They then all rushed to her with questions and pictures of her to sign. She grabbed a pen from an outstretched hoof and scribbled her signature over the pictures and rapidly answered questions like an experienced celebrity. She finished everything in a quick ten minutes and then turned to the punch table where Jill leaned beautifully and casually against the side of it. Her body was adorned with a simple white dress that sparkled with diamonds. A cup of punch was encased in her light blue aura.

Jill took a small sip as Sapphire trotted over to her. "Hey," said Jill casually.

After Sapphire's realization, she had thought it might be harder to talk to Jill, but not this hard. She could barely even think with the beauti- Sapphire was about to stop herself but remembered that there was no more hiding and let the thought continue.

Sapphire finally was able to form words. "H-hi J-jill," she said.

Jill poured Sapphire a cup of the pink punch as she asked Sapphire," What's the matter?" while floating the now full cup into Sapphire's waiting hooves.

"N-nothing. Just a l-little shaken up from being p-passed around." Sapphire knew this was a lie, but felt that confessing her feelings at a punch table at a party was not the right time or place.

Jill accepted the excuse, even though she still looked at Sapphire quizzically when she stuttered while talking to her. The two talked at the punch table for a while before heading to the snack bar for some food.

The two munched happily on their newly gained oat burgers as they continued their conversation. The conversation strayed to how Jill had gotten her cutie mark.

Jill had moved to her Great Aunt Lacy Macy's at the age of seven because her parents thought it would teach her a lesson about cultural differences. So they asked Great Aunt Lacy Macy to watch young blank-flanked Jill for the whole summer. She happily agreed. Both of Jill's older sisters had gone through this process too.

The time had been one of the best of her life, making lots of new friends and such. But every week her family would send her a letter and a small ruby as allowance. Lacy was interested to find that Jill never spent the new rubies, only other money on things. One day Lacy had even seen her mysteriously buying metal wire from Snipping Craft's craft store.

On the final week before she would leave, it was Jill's birthday,and as a birthday surprise Jill's parents sent her an extra large ruby, this one shaped like a heart. The next day Lacy found Jill in the basement using a mini wielder that Lacy kept down there among thosands of other things. She quietly watched as the little filly melded the giant heart ruby onto the middle of the wire, the wire melting onto the heart's back. Lacy had never seen such a beautiful necklace, and in her early years she was a fashion model and designer. The second Jill put it on, a flash appeared on her flank and an exact replica of the necklace appeared on Jill's flanks.

After Jill had finished her reminiscence, she nudged Sapphire. "Now tell me about how you got your microphone cutie mark or music note cutie mark. it probably goes like"I sang a song. The end."

Sapphire shook her head. "It's not like that."

"Then what is it like. Just tell me. You can trust me." Jill said.

Sapphire let out a sigh and lead her away from the crowds where no one could see them. "Why did you have to bring me here? Couldn't you have just told me at the party?" Jill asked.

"It's just better to show you." she said. Jill thought this was an awful lot just to see what was obviously going to be a music note... wait, what if its NOT a music note, what if..

But it was to late to question as Sapphire peeled back her shining gold dress studded with diamonds to reveal her flank. And on it was a blueprint of a house.

Jill opened her mouth in shock, but quickly closed it, but Sapphire had seen it.

"I-it's not a music note." was all Jill could say.

"I know," said Sapphire sadly. " You know how I said my mom was a politician and my dad an architect?" Jill nodded. "Well I guess I took after my father."

They stood there for a minute staring at the blueprint that had a house plan on it. "Why?" was all Jill had to say as they stood there.

"Why what?" asked Sapphire as she looked into Jill's beautiful red irises.

"Why did you become a singer instead?" asked Jill, looking at Sapphire, confused.

"When I found out I could sing like I did, I ignored my cutie mark and covered it up with clothes and got a makeover so anyone who wasn't close to me but had seen me with it wouldn't recognize me. That's where the voice came in. Then I got a record deal at Shine Studios at the age of nineteen and have been famous and glorious ever since."

Jill nodded thoughtfully and said," I think you shouldn't hide anymore," she said before simply turning away, blending into the crowd.

Sapphire thought about what Jill had said. She had stopped hiding from her feelings for Jill. But did that mean she was ready to stop hiding from...herself?