• Published 5th Nov 2014
  • 1,207 Views, 14 Comments

Younger Generation - Seanzilla115



Being the only Cutie Mark Crusaders, AppleBloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo look and to try to find more members for the group

  • ...
1
 14
 1,207

The Alicorn's Apprentice

"Finally… I thought today would never end," Scootaloo yawned a bit after school had ended for the day, she and her friends walking along the streets of Ponyville.

"Why? I thought today's lesson was informative," Dawn Star spoke.

"Yeah...but today's lesson wasn't that exciting to tell you the truth," The orange Pegasus filly stated.

"What do you mean?"

"...Well..." Scootaloo began before a stray poster hit her in the face, "Hey, what the?!"

"What's that?" Dawn Star asked.

"I don't know...but can somepony get this thing off me?!" Scootaloo grunted as she tried to get the poster off her face.

"Here," Dawn Star replied, using her magic to get the poster off Scootaloo's face.

"Thanks, Dawn Star," Scootaloo nodded as she began to look at what was on the poster.

"What does it say?" Quirky asked as she poked her head over Scootaloo's shoulder to get a better look.

"'In two days, prepare to see the rebirth of Equestria's greatest and most powerful Unicorn ever, The Great and Powerful Trixie,'" Scootaloo read before blinking a bit, "...Hold on. is that the name of that Unicorn that tried to show Twilight up?"

"Yea… I think so…" Sweetie Belle nodded.

"Who's this Trixie, exactly?" Dawn Star asked.

"Yea/Y-Yea," Quirky and Timid added.

"Oh… that's right, you three weren't around when that happened," Applebloom remembered.

"W...when what h-happened?" Timid asked.

"It's a long story…" Scootaloo sighed before she looked at Sweetie Belle and Applebloom, "We need to tell Twilight about this."

"Yeah," the two fillies nodded as they and Scootaloo left for Twilight's place.

"Wait? What exactly happened with this 'Trixie' character?!" Quirky yelled as she, Dawn Star, and Timid followed after them.
---
Unbeknownst to the CMC, there was a particular unicorn pony walking around; her coat was a brilliant shade of azure, her mane being a pale cornflower blue, while her eyes, which sparked with determination as she looked at herself in a small mirror, were a dark grayish violet. Her Cutie Mark showed a wisp of magic leading up to a magic wand with a star-shaped tip.

"They may have laughed at Trixie before...they may have 'forgiven' her last time...but soon I 'The Great and Powerful Tr~ixie will soon be reborn and show everypony that Trixie is the greatest unicorn in all off Eque-kya!" the Unicorn yelped as the CMC accidently bumped into her, causing the azure unicorn to stumble into a small puddle of water.

"Sorry ma'am. We weren't…." Applebloom began before she noticed who she and her friends bumped into, "...uh oh."

"What?" Dawn Star and Quirky asked, confused.

"Grr...why don't you brats watch where you're go…!" Trixie paused, about to snap at who bumped into her before she saw the six fillies staring at her, "..."

"I… Is that…?" Dawn Star started.

"Yeah...that's Trixie," Sweetie Belle replied.

"Oh?" Trixie blinked a bit for grinning as she got up, "So you've heard of The Great and Powerful Tr~ixie then?"

"...Uh… well… a little…"

"I see...then you must know that Trixie is the greatest, most powerful Unicorn who ever lived!" Trixie declared dramatically as she used her magic to make the area behind her explode in magical energy for dramatic effect.

Quirky couldn't help but sweatdrop at this.

"No need for such theatrics…" she muttered.

"Yeah…" Sweetie Belle agreed with a small sweatdrop, "And to tell you the truth...Twilight's a much better magic user than you. And she doesn't have to show it off."

"...Twilight?" Trixie repeated as her grin turned into a frown, "As in…'Twilight Sparkle'?"

"Yea, that's right," Applebloom nodded before she and Sweetie Belle gulped at the glare Trixie was giving them.

"Don't...ever...mention her name around Trixie! She has humiliated Trixie...twice! And Trixie will never forgive her for that!" the azure unicorn snapped.

"...Uh… you might as well make it three if I'm guessing this correctly," Dawn Star figured before the rest of the CMC tried to shush her.

"Three? What do you mean 'three?'" Trixie demanded with a frown, the unicorn not noticing Dawn Star was an Alicorn.

"Forget what she said. Now if you'll excuse us… we gotta go," Scootaloo replied.

"Yeah. We uh...have to meet Somepony," Sweetie Belle added as the CMC began to walk away from Trixie.

"...You still haven't answered Trixie's question," the azure unicorn frowned at them.

"We'll answer that later!" Scootaloo shouted back as the CMC ran for it.

"Get back here and answer Trixie's question!" Trixie yelled as she gave chase.
---
"Is that everything Spike?" Twilight asked.

"Yep, that's pretty much everything," Spike confirmed after he placed the last book back on the shelf.

"Cool. Thanks Spike," Twilight smiled at him before she heard Somepony knocking on the door...really fast, "Hm? Who could that be?"

"Either somepony panicking and needs some help…" Spike began before shivering a bit ,"Or Pinkie Pie on another sugar frenzy."

"TWILIGHT! LET US IN!" they heard five fillies scream.

"I'm guessing it's the former," Twilight figured, opening the door quickly to let the fillies, who turned out to be the CMC, inside, before shutting the door, "What's going on?"

"No time! Hide us!" Scootaloo yelped as she, Sweetie Belle, Applebloom, Quirky, and Timid ran into the closet to hide.

"...Uh...you wouldn't happen to know, do you?" Twilight asked Dawn Star, who was almost as confused as Twilight was.

"Well...we were running from this azure unicorn who really doesn't like you," Dawn Star answered, "If I remember right...I think her name was Trixie."

"Ugh…not her again. Hasn't she come here enough?" Twilight groaned, 'I thought she'd learn her lesson after what happened last time she was in Ponyville.'

"...You've met her before?" Quirky asked as she poked her head out from the closet.

"Yea, it's a long story, though," Twilight replied before she heard somepony slamming on the front door.

"That's her!" Scootaloo gasped, pulling Quirky back into the closet and closing it tightly.

"Hold on...it could be anypo…" Twilight began.

"Whoever lives in here, let the Great and Angry Trixie in this instant!"

"Nevermind…" Twilight mumbled before she began to use her magic to open the door. However, before she could do that, the door was forced open by an angered Trixie.

"Finally! Now tell Trixie where those six fillies are this instant or I'll…!" she started before realizing who partially opened the door for her. She then went slack-jawed once she saw Twilight's wings, "...Sp...Sp..Sparkle?!"

"What? You acted like you never seen an alicorn before, Trixie," Twilight responded, spreading her wings.

"Wha...bu...h...how did…" Trixie gawked before smacking herself out of her shocked state, "How are you an Alicorn?!...You cast a spell on yourself...didn't you?!"

"Nope."

"...You're lying! There's no way those wings are real!" Trixie growled as she glared at Twilight.

"If you don't believe me, touch them and see for yourself," Twilight insisted, trotting over.

"...Fine. Trixie will humble you with your request, Twilight Sparkle," Trixie snorted as she lifted one of her hoofs up to touch one of Twilight's wings. The moment her hoof touched Twilight's wing, Trixie went slack-jawed once again, seeing as it was real..and not something made by magic.

"See?"

"...Wh...how did...how?! How are you an Alicorn?!" Trixie demanded.

"My training and studies under the princess."

"...Princess?" Trixie repeated before she had a feeling who Twilight was talking about, "As in...Princess Celestia?"

"That's right," Twilight confirmed with a nod.

"...Impossible. Th...there's no way the princess would...would...Trixie demands you tell her how you're the princess' student this instant!" Trixie demanded as she glared at Twilight.

"The princess just selected me when I was a little filly," Twilight explained, though she noticed Trixie was still frowning at her, "...It's going to take more to convince you...won't it?"

"No...but since Trixie's not doing anything at the moment, she'll humble you by listening," Trixie answered.

"Okay…" Twilight sighed before further explaining how she became an alicorn along with why Princess Celestia did what she did.

"...I see...and what of Princess Luna? Does she have an apprentice by any chance?" Trixie asked.

"...Not that I know of… but after what she went through, I don't think she would be too willing to take on an apprentice right away," Twilight answered.

"...So you're basically saying...is that Luna doesn't have an apprentice."

"Yes...but I'm trying to warn you that…" Twilight began.

"Enough. Trixie has heard all she needs to hear from you,Twilight Sparkle," Trixie grinned as she turned around and began to leave, "Technically, Trixie was going to perform a show, but after hearing this, Trixie is off to Canterlot to ask Luna if I can become her assistant!"

"No! Trixie, wait...and she's gone," Twilight sighed when she saw the Unicorn was too far away to listen...not that it would help since she was in her own, little world right now.

"...Is she gone?" Scootaloo asked from the closet.

"...She is," Twilight answered, and with that, the CMC exited the closet feeling greatly relieved.

"What the heck was going on out here?" Dawn Star asked.

"Nothing...except Trixie's going into get in trouble if we don't stop her," Twilight explained as she turned to Spike, "I want you to look after the place until I get back, okay? And if you see Applejack and the others wondering where Applebloom and her friends went, tell them they're with me."

"You got it, Twilight," he nodded.

And with that, Twilight led the CMC out of the library.

"But… why are we going to help her, especially after what she did to you?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"I remember… but I don't want her to do anything she'll regret," Twilight answered.

"Huh?" Applebloom gawked in confusion.

"Just trust me," Twilight informed.

"...Okay…" Applebloom replied.

"But how do we catch up to her?" Sweetie Belle asked, "She's probably at the Train Station by now."

"Yea, and none of us are fast enough to catch up with her," Scootaloo added.

"Hmm...well...I could try a teleportation spell...but I don't how much energy it'll take since the Train Station is a bit far from here," Twilight noted, "Still, we need to hurry and catch up with Trixie, and it's our only option so far."

"We're ready then, Princess," Dawn Star replied, stepping forward, surprising the rest of the CMC.

"Y….you sure th-that's a good idea, Dawn Star-san?" Timid asked with a stutter.

"Like Twilight said, it's our only option, not to mention we don't want to suffer the wrath of another Princess. ...So come over here," Dawn Star stated.

"Uh… r-right!" Scootaloo nodded, taking the initiative.

"I'm ready too," Sweetie Belle added.

"Same here," Applebloom nodded as the original CMC joined their friend.

"As Pinkie would say, 'Okie-dokie-lokie!'" Quirky smiled, hopping over, leaving Timid Swallow apart from the others.

"What about you, Timid?" Scootaloo asked.

"...A..ano...I...I'm k...kinda…" Timid stuttered.

"...Timid. It'll be alright..trust me," Twilight said to the shy filly with a reassuring smile.

"...o...Okay, T..Twilight-san," Timid nodded as she shyly walked over and joined the others.

"Okay then. Get close together now," Twilight instructed.

"Okay, Twilight," Applebloom nodded as she and the rest of the CMC gathered closely around Twilight.

"Okay, here goes…" Twilight replied as she closed her eyes to focus as her magic aura appeared around her horn. Once she gathered enough magic, she used it to teleport herself and the CMC out of the area.
---
=At the Train Station=

Trixie was waiting on the platform, looking at her ticket to Canterlot as her train came up.

"Finally...Trixie didn't know how long she had to wait…" the azure unicorn mumbled to herself as she walked up to one of the passenger cars and walked inside.

"Your ticket ma'am?" a stallion in a conductor's outfit asked Trixie when she got up to the passenger car's entrance.

"Of course," Trixie nodded as she used her magic to levitate her ticket out of her traveling bag.

"Thank you," the conductor nodded as he took the ticket.

Trixie just nodded in response as she left to go find her seat.

Outside the train, Twilight and the CMC suddenly appeared, the Alicorn panting a bit.

"Where is she?" Scootaloo asked.

"Uh… I think we're too late," Quirky spoke, the dark-green filly pointing to the train as it prepared to leave.

"Shoot!" Scootaloo groaned.

"Wait, stop!" Twilight yelled as she used what energy she had to run up to one of the conductor, who was about to walk back in the train.

"Do you have a ticket, ma'am?" the conductor asked..

"N...no. But I need to…" Twilight began.

"I'm sorry, but I can't let you on without a ticket," the conductor stated as he prepared to walk back inside until he noticed Twilight's wings, making his eyes widen a bit, "...Y...You wouldn't happen to be Princess Twilight Sparkle..are you?"

"I am…" Twilight nodded as the CMC ran up to her.

"...M...my apologies princess. I didn't recognize you for a moment there," the conductor apologized as he moved out of the way, "P...please, come in. Same goes for the young group with you."

"...Thank you," Twilight nodded as she and the CMC walked aboard the train. And just in time to as the train left the station.

"That was a close one," Sweetie Belle sighed with relief.

"Yeah...if it wasn't for Twilight's princess status, we wouldn't have gotten onboard," Applebloom added.

"Yea. But the only question left… is where is Trixie?"

"I don't know...but keep an eye out for her," Twilight said as she was about to step forward, only to stumble a bit.

"You okay, Twilight?" Sweetie Belle asked in concern.

"I am...just...exhausted is all," Twilight panted a bit.

"Just relax, Twilight. We'll go find Trixie, you just wait here and get some rest," Dawn Star replied.

"Okay...be careful," Twilight nodded as she took a nearby seat and rested.

"Okay girls. Let's get going and try to find Trixie. Scootaloo, Applebloom, Sweetie Belle. You know what she looks like better than the rest of us, so you lead the way, and if anypony spots her before the rest of us, let us know. Are we clear?" Dawn Star replied/asked.

"Got it," the original 3 CMC nodded.

"Quirky, Timid, stay with me. We'll follow Scootaloo-tachi. Okay?" Dawn told the other two fillies.

"Okay/H..hai," Quirky and Timid nodded.

"Okay girls. Let's move," Scootaloo responded as the six fillies started their search.
---
The search went on for a while with them having no such luck. They thought they found Trixie in one of the cars, but it was a mistake as the unicorn mare they found had a white mane with a blue highlight in it.

"Um...can I help you with something?" the mare asked them, as the CMC accidentally messed up her mane.

"...Oops. Heh heh...Sorry," Dawn Star apologized as the CMC got of the mare, "We thought you were somepony else."

"Umm… okay…?" the mare replied, a bit confused, "Well… do carry on with your business, but try not to do that to me again, please?"

"Okay," Scootaloo nodded as the CMC was about to leave.

"Wait...I have one more piece of advice for you," the mare spoke, catching the CMC's attention, "Be sure to brush your teeth after every meal and before you head for bed, okay?"

"Okay," they nodded as they left.

"Ugh...at this rate, we're never going to find Trixie," Applebloom sighed.

"We've gotta find her. We just gotta!" Sweetie Belle responded, a slight squeak popping up in her voice.

"Sweetie Belle's right. We can't give…" Dawn Star began until…

"Ugh...how long is this blasted train going to take?!" the voice of a certain, azure unicorn groaned nearby.

"Nevermind, she's close," Dawn Star sweatdropped a bit before she and the CMC hid behind one of the empty seats and slightly poked their heads up, seeing Trixie sitting not too far away.

"There she is…" Scootaloo whispered.

"Yeah...but I wonder...why is she heading for Canterlot anyway?" Dawn Star wondered quietly.

"Maybe she's going to ask one of the princess' to make her their apprentice and teach her how to be an Alicorn," Quirky guessed, making her friends look at her strangely, "...What?"

"How'd you know that?" Applebloom asked.

"...Just a hunch…" Quirky answered, making her friend face fault.

"Uh… okay…" Dawn Star Sweatdropped before she and the CMC noticed Trixie beginning to turn her head, "Hide!" she whispered as the CMC quickly ducked their heads behind the seat.

"Strange...Trixie could've sworn she heard those six fillies from before...nevermind. Trixie must've been hearing things," Trixie shrugged a bit before looking out the window, a small grin growing on her face, "Besides...once I ask Princess Luna to make me her apprentice, not only will I truly be Equestria's most powerful Unicorn...but possibly become an Alicorn, one that's greater than both the princess' and Twilight Sparkle combined."

"...I knew it…" Quirky whispered.

"Y….you w-were r...right, Quirky-chan," Timid spoke quietly to her friend before turning to Dawn Star, "Sh...should w...we tell T...Twilight-san a...about this?"

"Yes...but we need something to distract Trixie so she doesn't see us," Dawn Star whispered.

"Yea, but what?" Scootaloo asked in a whisper.

"Hmm...maybe…" Sweetie Belle began quietly.

"Ugh...can't a dragon/Demi-god of chaos get any sleep around here?" a voice yawned as Mischief, who was the size of a bottle cap, poked his head out of Timid's mane, the currently miniature dragon wearing a sleeping cap.

"Shhh…" the CMC shushed Mischief.

"What? What did I..." Mischief began before being shushed again, "...oh, don't you shush me like…"

"Quiet, Mischief. We're trying to think of how to dis...tract...Trixie…" Scootaloo said slowly before she let out a quiet gasp, her wings fluttering a bit in excitement, "I got it!"

"Who's there?!" Trixie demanded as Scootaloo spoke louder than she intended to.

"Oops…" Scootaloo quickly shut her mouth.

"...Tch! Trixie must've been hearing things again…" Trixie scoffed as she turned back to the window.

"...Okay, who's the unicorn that's referring to herself in Third-person?" Mischief asked when he caught a small glimpse of her.

"Trixie. And I think we have a way to distract her," Scootaloo whispered to Mischief.

"Really? Who?" Quirky asked.

"Him," Scootaloo grinned as she pointed to Mischief.

"...Orange pegasus filly say what now?" the small dragon blinked in confusion.

"Just go with it," Scootaloo whispered before whispering her plan into Mischief's ear.

"...Throw in a bag of candy, and you got yourself a deal," Mischief grinned, 'Besides..it's been a while since I've had some fun...not to mention the authors hardly gave me some screen time last chapter.'

"...Uh… s-should we really? Remember what happened before?" Timid whispered.

"Don't worry. It's only until we get back to Twilight," Scootaloo whispered to the shy filly.

"...O… ok…"

"Okay then…" Scootaloo nodded as she looked back at Mischief, "Okay Mischief..go."

"You got it," Mischief grinned as he poofed out of Timid's hair.

"There it is…" Trixie grinned as she saw Canterlot come into view, "Won't be long now until…"

"Surprise!" she heard a voice say as something landed on her head.

"Huh?! Who said that?!" Trixie demanded as she used her magic to get whoever was on her head off, and then she saw…

"Yo," Mischief chuckled.

"...Who are you? You remind Trixie of that small dragon assistant of Sparkle's," Trixie said with a small frown.

"Wrong ballpark, Ms. Speaking-in-third-person," Mischief chuckled, "Tell me...have you ever heard of Discord, the God of Chaos?"

"...Please. That's just an old story to keep fillies and foals in line," Trixie scoffed before she felt something was missing from her head.

"Oh yea?" Mischief chuckled as he held a certain something up that should belong on Trixie's forehead, the small dragon also wearing her cloak and hat, "Then I guess you won't be needing these anymore."

"What the?!" Trixie gasped as she touched the top of her head, seeing her horn wasn't there anymore. She then glared at Mischief, "Give those back to Trixie this instant!"

"As soon as you stop referring to yourself in third-person, Ms. Lulamoon," he answered with a grin, making Trixie gawk at him before growling.

"Don't...call...Trixie that!" the azure unicorn growled.

"Then you shouldn't have written your last name inside the brim of your hat," Mischief quipped before he poofed off Trixie's head and ran off, "Later, Ms. Lulamoon!"

"Get back here!" Trixie yelled as she gave chase after the little dragon, not even noticing the CMC.

"That was close," Scootaloo sighed with relief.

"Yeah...that's two times we were lucky today," Quirky grinned, making a small 'squee' sound.

"We can't risk the third then. C'mon, we have to get moving," Dawn Star responded.

"Yeah/H...hai," the other five fillies nodded as they ran back to the car where Twilight was.
---
"I hope they're doing okay…" Twilight whispered to herself in a bit of worry before she noticed the CMC run up to her, "There you are. Did you find Trixie?"

"Yea, we did, and we're using Mischief to distract her," Dawn answered.

"I see...did you find anything else out?"

"She wants to try and become Luna's apprentice," Scootaloo answered.

"That I already know...but did you hear her say anything else?"

"...Well...if I remember right...she wanted to become an Alicorn as well," Quirky replied, causing Twilight's eyes to widen a bit.

"You've GOT to be kidding me!" Twilight groaned as she face-hoofed, 'As if her ego wasn't big enough already...'

"Um...J-Just why i-is she like th-that?" Timid asked.

"To tell you the truth...I wish I knew myself," Twilight sighed, not sure why Trixie had such a big ego.

"Sounds to me like she's jealous of you," a voice noted before Mischief poked his head out of her mane, wearing a miniature Sherlock Holmes outfit complete with bubble-blowing pipe.

"Weren't you keeping Trixie busy?" Scootaloo asked.

"I still am," Mischief chuckled, "Cue the cutscene!"
---
"Don't follow me~!" Mischief called as he ran into a cart on the train filled with doors on the sides.

"Come back here!" Trixie growled as Mischief ran into one of the room and closed the door.

Trixie opened the door and saw no one. Behind her, Mischief opened the door there and hit her with a water balloon. She growled as she turned to see Mischief closing the door. She ran over to it and opened it...only to back away from the head of a roaring Tyrannosaurus Rex before it went back into the room and closed the door. On the far-left door, Mischief was laughing as he leaned against the open door. Trixie attempted her magic, only for Mischief to run into the room and closed the door. She ran into it before running out as a mare in a towel and a washcap chased her, hitting the unicorn with a scrubbing brush.
---
Quirky giggled as the others raised a brow in confusion.

"Anyways, I'd say that she was probably raised to think that being the best was the only thing," Mischief shrugged, "Could be she has a hatred of stallions, branching out into a mental condition that spells 'Stallions = Perverts,' babied constantly by her single father, making her think she was the top of it all where she comes from, and hates being proven otherwise." he chuckled, "She could also be considered a 'gorilla' by others, perhaps ones with an aqua-based curse that switch them between Stallions and Mares."

"..." the CMC and Twilight blinked at that.

"Either that, or she needs to make a poo," Mischief continued, wearing a purple hat trimmed with magenta that strangely made him look like a purple 'pleasantly plump' bear/cat/rabbit thing.

That last part made the CMC(minus a giggling Quirky) and Twilight face fault. Mischief, back to normal, chuckled in glee at their confused expressions. He loved moments like these.

"Heh heh...stuff like this never get's old," the currently miniature dragon chuckled to himself before saying aloud, "Okay. I shall now attempt to prevent her from proceeding!"

"How so?" Scootaloo asked.

"I'm gonna put on a big boot and boot her out of the train," Mischief smirked before pulling out a boot the size of Twilight from behind his back, "See?"

"...Mischief. We just needed you to distract Trixie, not hurt her," Dawn Star stated with a small frown.

"Aw~! No fun," Mischief pouted, "Ah well." he shifted into a lit lightbulb and back, "Got it! We lure her into the caboose and remove it from the train! That'll stop her in her tracks!" he chuckled, "See what I did? We're on a train and I just said…" he saw no one laughing, "Oh you all stink."

"Even if we did go with that Mischief...it's too late," Twilight as the train came to a stop, "We're already in Canterlot."

"...Maybe we can make her forget everything?" Mischief suggested, "Go all black suit, black, shades, the works!"

"..."

"...Really? Nopony got that reference? Ugh…" Mischief sighed, "And I was all set of disguising myself as a giant cockroach alien disguised in the skin of a guy I killed too."
---
=a bit later=

"Grr...when Trixie sees that stupid dragon again...she's going to turn him into a newt," Trixie growled as she left the Canterlot Train Station.

"Oh come now," Trixie's eye twitched, "A newt? That's so cliche. Why not something like a starfish or a sponge who lives in the pineapple under the sea. Maybe a squid that plays clarinet?"

"...First off; Trixie's going to ignore what you say...and second…" Trixie began as she used her magic to take Mischief off her back and threw him into a nearby trash can, "Get off me!"

"Hey! There's a raccoon in here! I'm gonna name you 'Charlie' and take you home and love you and bathe you and-GAH!-You bit me! That's it! The liver gets pulled out!" Mischief shouted in the trash can and he proceeded to start fighting inside the trash can.

"Fool…" Trixie mumbled a bit as she resumed walking, 'Can't let something like that stupid dragon get in my way...not when Trixie's so close to asking Princess Luna to become her apprentice.'

"Actually, I was born with the Arcana for the Chariot," Trixie's eyes widened as she saw Mischief, perfectly fine, standing before her in a toga made from raccoon skin, "...How."

"How...how did…UGH! Enough!" Trixie snapped as she glared at Mischief, "Why won't you leave the Great and Powerful Trixie alone already?!"

"Because I am Mo Ron and I have a very important message for you," Mischief informed in a dummy voice, "...Sleeping Spell."

"Huh? Sleeping Sp...oh ho...nice try, but Trixie's not going to fall for that one," the azure unicorn stated as she walked away from Mischief, "Now if you'll excuse Trixie, she's got a date with destiny!"

"...Cue her triggering the trap I made in 3...2...1…" Mischief counted down before grinning as he heard Trixie scream off-screen, "Gotcha…" he proceeded to put on a black turtleneck sweater and a lab coat while adopting a small slouching state before turning to see Trixie trapped in a fly-paper trap big enough to catch a unicorn, "Ah, Trixie the Unicorn, so unexpected. And by 'unexpected,' I mean 'Completely expected!' Now, watch as we prevent you from ever going into the castle!"

"...Really? You think 'this' is going to stop Trixie?" Trixie scoffed before using her magic to turn the trap into a pile of leaves, "It's going to take more than a stupid fly trap to stop the Great and Powerful Tr~i…" she collapsed, fast asleep.

"Finally!" Mischief sighed in annoyance as he looked up at Twilight, "About time you pulled that one off."

"...I'm not paying you," Twilight frowned.

"Hey! We had a bet!" Mischief pouted before shouting in a bit of an accent, "Curse you, Twilight the Alicorn!"

Twilight rolled her eyes a bit at that before she turned to a nearby bush, "Okay girls, you can come out now."

"Right/h...hai," the voices of the CMC replied as said six fillies came out of the bush.

"May I draw on her face?" Mischief asked as he held up a permanent marker.

"No."

"Ugh...you guys are no fun," Mischief groaned as he turned to Scootaloo, "I held up my end of the deal, now pay up."

"Rats," Scootaloo frowned as she gave him a bag of candy.

"Thank you. Now, if you'll excuse me…" Mischief began with a grin as he snapped his fingers, disappearing in a puff of smoke.

"...Um...Wh-What do w-we do with her?" Timid asked as she pointed at the sleeping Trixie.

"She's a determined Mare," Twilight noted with a sigh, "I'm not sure what we can do to get her to stop trying to be Princess Luna's apprentice."

"Why does she think Princess Luna wants one?" Applebloom pondered.

"Maybe it's what Mischief said," Sweetie Belle noted, "The 'babied while growing up' thing, not the 'take a poo' thing."

"...Actually...that first one does sound plausible," Dawn Star noted.

"Huh?" Scootaloo pondered as the filly Alicorn pulled out a book titled 'Psychology.'

"Let's see...it should be..ah. Here it is," Dawn Star noted once she found the page she needed, "Let's see now...Oh my."

"What?"

"She does have a few signs of babying, such as her apparent ego," Dawn noted, "But it seems to also stem from a superiority complex and, at the best guess I have, she could have the motive of becoming the top Alicorn if what we can assume about her goals of being Princess Luna's apprentice are involving the goal of becoming an Alicorn."

"O...oh my...r...Really?" Timid asked with a stutter.

"It could be a superiority complex or an inferiority complex, judging by her reaction to you being an Alicorn," Dawn spoke to Twilight.

"I see…" Twilight noted before she heard the sleeping Trixie mumbling something in her sleep.

"Hm? What'd she say?" Applebloom pondered.

"Oatmeal, maybe?" Quirky shrugged.

"I...I'll show you Sparkle…" Trixie mumbled in her sleep, "I...I'll show everypony…"

"Yep. It's probably an inferiority complex," Dawn noted as she looked in the book, "That can leave to severe mental insta...insta…" she blushed as she kept trying to pronounce the word.

"Instability?" Twilight offered.

"Oh! That's it! Instability!" Dawn beamed, "Thank you."

Twilight nodded a bit in response as she turned back to the still sleeping Trixie, the azure Unicorn still mumbling in her sleep.

"...Oh no," Scootaloo's eyes widened as she saw the look Twilight had on her face, "I know that look. Rainbow Dash always said that when you get that look, something she didn't like would happen."

"Eh? like what?" Quirky couldn't help but ask.

"Just let me handle it, kay girls?" Twilight asked the six fillies before using her magic to levitate Trixie and began to walk back to the train station.

"...Okay," the CMC nodded as they began to follow Twilight.

"What do you think Twilight is going to do to her?" Quirky whispered to her friends.

"Ah'm not sure," Applebloom quietly replied.

"Neither do I," Dawn Star quietly shrugged.
---
Trixie groaned as she started to awake. The floor felt soft for some reason. It was then her eyes widened as she sat up, the blankets she had been under falling ahead. That dragon knocked her out! Looking around, she noticed that she was back in that library in Ponyville.

"...Why is Trixie back here?!" the azure unicorn demanded, 'When I find that dragon...I'm going to destroy him!'

"If you're thinking about punishing Mischief, there's a list for it," a familiar voice joked, making Trixie turn to glare at Twilight as she walked down the stairs.

"...You better tell Trixie this instant as to why she's back here, Sparkle," Trixie growled at the Alicorn.

"Luna isn't looking for an apprentice right now. She's spent almost a thousand years on the moon, so she's trying to learn everything that's happened since then," Twilight informed, "She also said it in a press conference when she first came back from her time on the moon when Ponies began to ask about it."

Trixie continued to glare at her in response. Feeling it would be like this, Twilight walked up to her and gave the Unicorn an old newspaper that featured the article in question. Trixie examined the newspaper as her eyes began to slowly widen.

"Methinks she's understanding," Trixie and Twilight slowly looked up to see Mischief drinking tea on the ceiling, "Hi."

"You!" Trixie growled as she glared at Mischief, "Get down here this instant so Trixie can get back at you!"

"Hey, quick question; what's gravity?" Mischief asked before the tea he was drinking fell out of the cup and nearly hit Trixie had it not been for a magic barrier Twilight casted, "Aw~! Why'd you do that?"

"We're trying to get her to agree to something, not scare her off," Twilight frowned, "Don't make me get Timid or Fluttershy."

"...Mischief be good," the 'dragon' squeaked as he was instantly beside Twilight.

"Good," Twilight nodded as she turned her attention back to Trixie, "Now then, as for you, Trixie, I think I have a way for you to be an Alicorn's apprentice."

"Really?!" Trixie gasped.

"Yes. I've talked with Princess Celestia and Princess Mi Amore Cadenza and we've managed to come to an agreement on who you'll be placed under as an apprentice."

"Oh thank you Twi…" Trixie started till she realized there were only four princess. Luna wasn't taking one, Celestia was too busy and Cadenza was married and handled the Crystal Empire, so that only left…"...oh...oh...oh no," Trixie paled as she realized who'd be her teacher.

"How do you think I feel?" Twilight asked as she floated a scroll over to her, "But Princess Celestia already made it an official decree for me and I do not want to get on her bad side," she shivered, "I'm still unsure if she can or can't send me back to Magic Kindergarten."

Trixie suppressed her own shudder. No Unicorn likes to remember Magic Kindergarten for various reasons.

"...But and forgive me for this...I respect you but I hate you at the same time; we're rivals!" Trixie snapped remind Twilight of their...one sided rivalry.

"Isn't it just one-sided? I mean, on your end?" Mischief asked.

"Mischief!"

"Shutting up."

"Trixie, when I look at you, I do not see a rival," Twilight informed, "When I look at you, I do not see somepony who will hold grudges. What I do see, though…" she wrapped a hoof around Trixie, "...is someone I'd like to have as a friend and to teach. You have a lot of potential, Trixie, that was made obvious when I saw you the first time we met. You actually created a lightning cloud, something only Pegasi can do."

"...You're just flattering the great and powerful Trixie," she scoffed.

"Oh, no I'm not. I told Celestia about that and she agreed on that type of magic being used by a Unicorn is completely unheard of," Twilight informed, "To do that as just a Unicorn, not as a Pegasus or an Alicorn, is something nopony's been able to do in the whole history of magic."

"That and she needs an extra set of eyes around here in case the girls do something crazy and it involves the library," Mischief smirked, "Remember the Pudding Accident?"

"Mischief, I swear to Faust that if you bring that up…" Twilight began.

"Boom! All over this place was nothing but vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry pudding!" Mischief beamed, "And that reminds me, were you able to get that butterscotch pudding out of your manebrush?" suddenly Trixie and Twilight blasted Mischief putting him in a block of ice, "...shut...ting...up...now."

Twilight giggled, "See? And we have some common ground; we both dislike Mischief."

"...That we do, Sparkle," Trixie admitted with a small giggle before realizing something, "Wait...how are your friends going to react to this? I mean, they still haven't forgiven Trixie when she was under the effects of the Alicorn Amulet."

"...I have a way to get them to agree," Twilight informed before Mischief managed to break the ice around his lips.

"You're gonna sic me on them to get them to agree, aren't you?" Mischief asked.

"Not Pinkie Pie. She already left to prepare 'Congrats on becoming a teacher for somepony' party mixed with a 'Congrats on becoming an Alicorn Apprentice' party," Twilight noted, "Plus, Pinkie Pie doesn't hold grudges so long as you say you're sorry...and keep your Pinkie Promises."

"...Well good thing I haven't made any yet...speaking of 'promises' though, excuse me." Mischief smiled before vanishing.

"...Pinkie...Promise?" Trixie asked Twilight, the Unicorn unfamiliar with the phrase.

"Cross my Heart and hope to fly; stick a cupcake in my eye," Twilight recited and did the motions, making Trixie raise a brow, "...I'm completely serious on it. She was in a mirror, for crying out loud, a mirror. How she did that, I will never understand."

"I...I see…" Trixie noted with a small sweatdrop.
---
=a little bit later=

"...Um...Pinkie?"

"Yes, Dashie?"

"...What's with all the decorations?" Rainbow Dash asked as she, Rarity, Fluttershy, AJ, and the CMC were at Sugar Cube Corner, the place decorated with various banners that said 'Congrats on becoming a teacher for somepony' and 'Congrats on becoming an Alicorn's apprentice.'

"Oh, Twilight finally got an apprentice!" Pinkie Pie beamed, "Though, you all have to Pinkie Promise not to get upset over who she picked."

"...No promises," Rainbow Dash sighed.

"Please~?" Pinkie begged, giving off a cute, begging look complete with puppy-dogs eyes and quivering lip.

"...Fine," Rainbow Dash sighed a bit as she recited, "Cross my Heart and hope to fly; stick a cupcake in my eye."

"The rest of you, too," Pinkie informed with her cute look still on, accompanied by the CMC.

"Cross my Heart and hope to fly; Stick a cupcake in my eye," Rarity, Fluttershy, and AJ recited.

"There we go!" Pinkie beamed a bit before she heard somepony knock on the door, "Ooh~! That must be them now!"

"...Twenty bits says somepony breaks it," Sweetie Bell whispered to Scootaloo.

"You're on," Scootaloo whispered back.

"I'll bet 50 bits, and a week supply of candy that all four of them overreact to who Twilight chose as her apprentice," a voice smirked, causing both fillies to see Mischief standing between them, "Yo."

"Surprise!" Pinkie Pie cheered as she opened the door.

"Hey girls," Twilight greeted as she walked in.

"Hey Twi...light..." Rainbow Dash slowly replied before she, AJ, Rarity, and Fluttershy gawked when they saw Trixie walk in behind Twilight.

"...Um...hi?" Trixie greeted awkwardly.

"...Excuse us, please. Won't be but a minute," Rarity informed before she pulled AppleJack, Fluttershy, and Rainbow Dash out.

"...They're taking it better than I thought!" Pinkie Pie beamed.

"...Um...you sure about that?" Scootaloo asked as she looked out the window, seeing RD, AJ, Fluttershy, and Rarity huddled up and whispering something to each other, most likely about Trixie.

"...I knew it. Not one moment Trixie enters, and she already caused tension in the room," Trixie sighed a bit.

"Well, they can't get upset. They Pinkie Promised," Pinkie Pie informed with a smile.

"IS TWILIGHT NUTS!?" Rainbow Dash's voice shouted, loud enough that Luna could hear it from the moon if she were on it at the moment.

"...I knew I should've made it a specific Pinkie Promise," Pinkie Pie frowned.

"Let me talk to them," Twilight advised before she walked out and put a silence spell dome over the five, "Okay, girls, what's wrong?"

"You made Trixie of all ponies your student?! You idiot!" Rainbow Dash barked before sticking a cupcake in her eye.

"Pinkie Pie isn't counting you girls getting upset while outside Sugarcube Corner as breaking the Pinkie Promise," Twilight informed as she tried to avoid cracking a little smile at Rainbow Dash.

"...I'm counting it. Still Trixie of all ponies? Ahhhh!" RD roared before sticking another cupcake in her other eye. "...Gah! I'm BLINNNNDDDDD!"

Twilight rolled her eyes before summoning a bit of magic to clean Rainbow's eyes, "Look, Rainbow, I chose her because I think I can help her with her problems."

"How?! Don't you recall what happened the last time she was here?!" Rainbow Dash demanded.

"Of course I do," Twilight replied, "But still, we did recover an ancient artifact thanks to it."

"Darling, couldn't you simply reconsider?" Rarity asked.

"Even if I wanted to do that, which I do not, Celestia has already made it official," Twilight informed.

"...Y'all aren't thinkin' that if'n y'all refuse, she'll put y'all back in Magic Kindergarten?"

"...I neither confirm nor deny the accusation."

"...Magic Kindergarten it is then," they all, minus Fluttershy, sweatdropped taking it as a yes.

"Um, Twilight, I'm really sorry for asking, but just why did you pick her?"

"For one, she can create lightning clouds, a magic that only Pegasi can use," Twilight informed, making Rainbow Dash look at her with wide eyes as she recalled the first time Trixie had shown up, "Another...I don't want to see a Pony go down a deep spiral knowing that I could have been able to help prevent it."

"...Fine. But I'm going to keep an eye on her in case she does anything funny," Rainbow Dash stated.

"Twi', make sure y'all are careful 'round her, ya hear me?"

"I'll do my best, Applejack," Twilight nodded, "But in truth, I was hoping you could all help me with some lessons." she glanced through the window to see Pinkie Pie and Trixie laughing with the CMC, "And I see Pinkie's trying her best to open Trixie up to being a friend."

"...That's typical Pinkie." Applejack and Rarity groaned.

"You expect us to help you with her?" Rainbow Dash asked, "Listen Twi. You're a good flying buddy and a good princess, but I don't want to help with anything involving Trixie."

"Please, Rainbow Dash? I don't know any Pony who is more loyal than you that could give her lessons in them," Twilight informed.

"...Welllll I know somepony...though she's not a pony, persay." Rainbow Dash said, "And she's harder to crack than me."

"...It wouldn't happen to be your 'old friend' Gilda...would it?" Twilight asked.

"Yep," Rainbow Dash nodded before noticing Fluttershy shivering, "...On second thought, I take it back. No Gilda."

Twilight rolled her eyes, "Look, Rainbow, I'll be patient. I just hope that you'll be able to help me teach her some lessons in being loyal to others sometime sooner or later."

"Um...Twilight?" the Alicorn turned to her other Pegasus friend, "If...If you need a lesson, I...I'd...um…"

"Fluttershy, I'd appreciate any offer."

"...Maybe some help with tending to the animals where I live?"

"That's perfect, Fluttershy," Twilight nodded.

" R...really?" Fluttershy asked, earning a nod from the violet Alicorn, "Th...thank you."

"...If it means straightening her out, Ah think ah might have some chores for her to do when she's not busy," AJ suggested.

"Thank you, but nothing that is intentionally humiliating. She already has issues, I don't want more to be added."

"Got it," AJ nodded.

"Hmm...well, I do have some new dresses I've been meaning to try out. Perhaps I can get Trixie to help me with that," Rarity spoke.

"...Rainbow Dash, don't you dare laugh!" Twilight frowned as she saw Rainbow trying to hold her laughter back poorly, "...Rarity, I think Rainbow will love to help you when that happens."

Rainbow Dash froze up after hearing that last part. She glared at Applejack, who didn't dare look at her in case she fell over in laughter.

"So...that only leaves you Rainbow Dash. So..will you help us out with Trixie?"

"...Well...since it's four against one, I might as well. Plus…" Rainbow Dash paused as she grinned a bit, "I'm sure I can find something for Trixie to do."

"Rainbow Dash, I swear if it's meant to embarrass Trixie in any way, shape, or form to the public eye, you will not like what I'll do to you in terms of payback," Twilight informed, giving Rainbow Dash an even look, "Two words; frilly dresses."

"...G...got it," Rainbow Dash gulped after hearing that last part, "No trying to embarrass Trixie publicly."

"Good," Twilight beamed, "Now let's go and try to get along with Trixie."
---
"And I said 'Oatmeal?! Are you crazy?'" Pinkie zinged, earning another round of laughter.

"Oh...oh Sweet Celestia! T...Trixie has to admit, th...that's a good one!" Trixie laughed.

"If you think that's funny, I got another one that'll leave you in tears!" Pinkie beamed before she noticed Twilight and the others walk back in, "Hey, everypony! Did everything go okay outside?"

"Yes," Twilight nodded as she turned her attention to RD, AJ, Rarity, and Fluttershy, "Girls? Isn't there something you want to say to Trixie?

"..." the four mares glanced at each other before AJ sighed.

"If'n y'all want somethin' done right, ya have ta do it yerself," AJ muttered before walking up to Trixie, "We may not like what y'all did th' last time, but ah'm willin' ta fergive and ferget. But y'all have ta earn that. Agreed?"

"...Of course," Trixie nodded in response.

Rainbow Dash was in her face a second later, "I'm keeping an eye on you. So if you try anything, I'll buck you so hard you'll never even remember how to walk."

"D...duly noted," Trixie chuckled nervously before Applejack pulled Rainbow away by her tail.

"So long as you do not attempt to mess with my figure in any way, shape, or form, I will be pleasant around you," Rarity informed, "Aside from that, I do hope you enjoy your time here in Ponyville."

"Right," Trixie nodded.

"U...Um...I...I h-hope we c...can g...get along, T-Trixie," Fluttershy spoke with a stutter.

Trixie merely nodded. She didn't really have much interaction with her, so she wasn't sure what would set her off.

Regardless of what was happening, the CMC looked happy that Trixie was on the road to becoming friends with her new mentor and her friends.

"I think this whole thing went pretty well," Dawn figured.

"Eeyup! I think this is the beginning of a lot more adventures for us!" Quirky beamed.

"E...wait. Adventures?" Applebloom blinked as she and the other 4 members of the CMC looked at Quirky strangely.

"Oh nothing...just a hunch," Quirky replied with a toothy grin, making a 'Squee' sound.

'...Okay seriously...who's making that noise?!' Mischief demanded mentally as he looked for the source of that 'squee' sound, 'How come everytime a character on this show smiles or something, that 'squee' noise fills the air?! Ugh...'

"...Okay…" Scootaloo simply nodded with a small sweatdrop before she and the CMC turned their attention back to Mane 6 and Trixie, "Dawn Star's right. This whole thing went pretty well."

"...And we were able to help make this happen," Sweetie Belle added, a squeak occurring in her voice as she said that.

"Yeah. Ah mean, if we hadn't bumped into Trixie, none of this would've been possible," Applebloom added.

"...I guess it was a good thing, then," Dawn Star noted.

"H...Hai," Timid agreed with a small nod.

"Well Cutie Mark Crusaders… I'd say this was a job well-done," Dawn Star smiled.

"Eeyup. So now…" Scootaloo began.

"Let's party!" Quirky squealed as she zoomed over to join the party.

"...Yea," Scootaloo nodded as the others joined in and partied away.

But just before the screen was about to go black, Mischief poked his head in, "Seriously! Somepony tell me where that dang 'squee' noise is coming from! I demand you...wait…" he grunted when the circle began to shrink on him, "You haven't...answered...my...question!" he yelled before the circle closed, "...Dang it."

Author's Note:

You like? Read, like, and possibly review/comment if ya can.