• Published 24th Aug 2014
  • 710 Views, 26 Comments

The Scenes Of FiMFiction - Arreis Of Avalon



Little, 1000 words or so long short stories, all based on pictures the readers suggest or that I find!

  • ...
1
 26
 710

Free As The Sun (Sad, Romance, AU)

Author's Note:

I'm afraid I can't remember the source of this banner. If I find it, I'll post the link here as usual.
And, now that banners are gone, I will be taking prompt requests/picture requests! PM me or post a prompt in the comments if you would like to see it done! General rule is, no sex, but gore isn't TOO bad. Keep it PG/PG-13 guys. Thanks for your suggestions! The continuation of this fic depends on them!
I might throw in one or two of my own prompt ideas, but all in all, I need suggestions!!

Rainbow Dash raced through the town, her sword resting by her side. She made sure to avoid main roads to avoid any questions as to why she had it; Celestia only knows how many questions she would get if anypony saw her. Still, she was galloping so fast, nopony could stop to question her.

Rainbow Dash had always moved fast; it was in her nature. Her special talent, even. Speed. Agility. The ability to race forth and, most importantly, not get caught. Being a thief suited her. But today she wasn’t running from something, like the police or the merchants - today, she ran towards something.

Like a lover.

Rainbow took a deep breath of the crisp, before dawn air. She opened her wings and took to the skies - it was far easier than traveling on hoof. Her sword rested tightly around her flanks, completely secure. She sighed in relief as the chilled air of the oncoming winter bit at her feathers. The air was so much more alive to her; so much more free. Free of the oppressing nature of the earth below, free of any and all distractions.

But she would gladly stay on the ground, if even just for a glimpse of her mare.

She reached her destination far sooner than she thought she would. Not that she was complaining, however. The sun had hardly begun to rise over the horizon. She landed, not at the front gates of the beautiful house, but at a curtained off entrance to the attic. Vines snaked up to the entrance, concealing it further. Dash sighed contently as she trotted in. “Shy?”

“B-Back here,” a timid voice said from further inside. Dash felt her heart soar at the sound of her voice. It was like the chirping of birds; crisp, clear and bright. Dash smiled as she trotted back into the room.

She caught sight of her quickly: her beauty stood out. Fluttershy stood, watching out the large window that allowed a view of the city below. Her mane curled down her face softly; the only thing that kept it out of her eyes was a small butterfly hair pin. She wore a long ivory dress, the sides accented with evergreen leaf patterns. In her hair was a single rose, hiding the pin - she wore one every day, here in the city.
Rainbow trotted up to her, planting a small kiss on her cheek. “I’m sorry if I’m late,” she said, almost breathlessly: from the fast flight or from the sweet sight, she could not tell. She took a deep breath to calm her racing heart. She felt this way, each time she saw her; she loved every minute of it.

Fluttershy blushed lightly and turned her face away in embarrassment from the kiss. “I-It’s fine, Rainbow. You’re right on time.” Rainbow smiled and nuzzled her mare, sighing in contentment. Fluttershy returned the affection before clearing her throat softly. “Do you think…” Her voice trailed off.

“What is it, Shy?”

“Can you help me get my dress off? I-If it’s not too much troub-”

“Of course I will,” Dash said, chuckling. “Just lie on your stomach.” Fluttershy blushed further, but Dash was used to that. She did as asked, lying down. Rainbow stepped over her and took her in. Slowly, she sat down, sure to sit close, but not too close for comfort. Shy smiled at the gesture.

Slowly, tenderly, Dash reached out and took the strap of the dress with her hoof. She slid it over her marefriend’s shoulder, making sure to go slow. Fluttershy continued to blush, but Dash paid no heed. As she struggled to grasp the strap in her hooves, she decided to give up. Just as slowly as before, she leaned her muzzle down and clenched the thin strap between her teeth. Immediately, Shy tensed up. Dash breathed out her nose slowly, sliding the strap off completely. She moved to the next one, this time feeling her muzzle rub against her marefriend’s back. She loved the touch of that fur.

She pulled that strap away too and sat up once more, smiling softly. “You can stand, it’ll just slip right off.” Blushing, of course, Fluttershy stood and allowed the dress to fall off of her. It landed in a clump around her. She stepped out of the dress and lied down, allowing Dash to push it away from them. “Permission to cuddle,” Dash asked, almost like a cadet to a sergeant.Shy giggled softly and nodded. Dash smiled - that giggle was so adorable - and sat next to Shy, feeling their fur rub against the others.

They steadily grew closer, until Shy was resting her entire body against Rainbow’s. Rainbow sat facing the window, watching the sun rise. Birds flew around that dawn, free as… well, Rainbow thought, birds. She opened her wings, draping one over Shy like a large blanket. Shy didn’t object - she never did. Instead she nuzzled the feathers, looking out the window in silence.

They laid there a while, both simply enjoying the privacy. Yet, all silence is eventually broken. This time, it was shattered with a soft sigh - a sigh of longing and sorrow. Rainbow glanced at Fluttershy as she shifted, reaching into her hair. Softly, she took off the pin in her hair. She stared at it for a moment before setting it down with another tired sigh. "What's wrong, love," Rainbow asked softly, concerned.

“It’s my father…” She shut her eyes tightly. “He still doesn’t want me to go outside.”

Rainbow shook her head, sighing. “Have you told him about… well.”

“Dash, you know I can’t… You know how he would react to us…”

“I know, I know… I just wish I could see you more often, Fluttershy…”

Fluttershy nuzzled her marefriend softly, sighing. “Me too, Rainbow… me too…”

Together, the couple stayed in their forbidden embrace, desperate for even a few moments in the others hooves. They watched as the sun rose, free, and they both dreamt of the day, they too, could rise.