• Published 27th Jul 2014
  • 574 Views, 4 Comments

The Ultimate Muffin-Eating Contest - Blue Tiger



Derpy Hooves joins a muffin-eating contest.

  • ...
 4
 574

3 - The Contest

Derpy flew over to Sugar Cube Corner the next day to see a large stage and almost everypony in town outside the building. On the stage were ten small tables (Five on each side of the microphone), at least four of the contestants, and, like the ad said, Princess Celestia herself standing next to the microphone! Derpy flew onto the stage. When the princess walked up to her, she bowed. After she told Derpy she can stand back up, Princess Celestia told her she can go to a table.

It's been almost five minutes when Rainbow Dash flew to Derpy.

"Hey, I heard the contest was starting so I thought I should come."

"Thanks, Rainbow," Derpy said.

"Alright, everypony, settle down!" Princess Celestia said through the microphone. "Thank you all for coming. We are having Ponyville's first Ultimate Muffin-Eating Contest, where these ten ponies will have to eat as many muffins in ten minutes! On my left, we have Apple Jack, Bon-Bon, Derpy Hooves, Berry Punch, and Colgate! On my right, we have Raindrops, Pinkie Pie, Cloudkicker, Carrot Top, and Sparkler!" The princess summoned ten muffins from her horn and put one on each table. "On a count of three," she said to the contestants. "You will start eating your muffins. Once you finish your muffins, I will give you more. Your goal is to eat as many as you can in ten minutes. If you can't keep your muffins down, you will be disqualified! Okay, ready? Three! Two! One! GO!

Almost instantly, everypony on the stage started eating their muffins. Rainbow Dash was right, these muffins are bigger than the ones Derpy made. They're about two or three times bigger. Derpy noticed Princess Celestia is already making another muffin from her horn. If she wants to win this contest, she's gonna have to eat faster. She took bigger bites and tried to chew faster. It took about seven more bites to finish her first muffin. Princess Celestia gave Derpy another muffin and Derpy started eating it.

It has been five minutes and three of the ponies (Bon-Bon, Sparkler, and Colgate) have been disqualified because they weren't able to keep their muffins down. Derpy was on her ninth muffin and she's already starting to feel sick. She noticed another pony who has eaten almost fifteen muffins and she seems fine. Derpy didn't think she could take it anymore.

"Rainbow," she said. "I- I don't feel so good."

"Hey," Rainbow said. "We didn't come here just to give up. We've been training all day yesterday and you're gonna give all that up?"

"No, it's just that-"

"Derpy. Who is known for her clumsiness and loving of muffins?!"

"I am."

"And why did you wanna come here?!"

"I wanna win."

"I can't hear you!"

"I wanna win!" Derpy said more loudly.

"Still can't hear you!"

"I WANNA WIN!!"

"LOUDER!!"

"I WANNA WIIIIIIN!!!!!"

"That's the spirit!"

Derpy started eating the muffins again, despite her feeling of throwing up right now. This time, way more faster. She noticed she started catching up to the other pony who has been eating more than her.

"Aaaand, TIME'S UP!" Princess Celestia said. "There was a tie between Derpy Hooves and Raindrops. The judges will take them and see which pony ate more of their muffin."

Two judges walked onto the stage and took Derpy's and Raindrops' muffins. They looked at them and noticed both muffins were literally half eaten.

They told the princess and the princess said, "Okay, Derpy and Raindrops both half-eaten their muffins so it'll be hard to figure out who ate more. What we're gonna do is they're gonna eat one mo-" Princess Celestia stopped talking when Raindrops lost her food. "Oh, uh, okay. Derpy Hooves has won the contest!"

Derpy was so excited she flew into the air and did a barrel roll and a couple backflips. When she landed back on the stage, the two judges gave her the trophy. She took it, but almost dropped it because it's pretty heavy.

Rainbow Dash went to Derpy and said, "Congratulations, Derpy! For a second I thought you really were gonna lose your food."

"Well, now that you mention it..." Derpy shoved her trophy and put a hoof to her mouth and flew away.