• Published 27th Jul 2014
  • 574 Views, 4 Comments

The Ultimate Muffin-Eating Contest - Blue Tiger



Derpy Hooves joins a muffin-eating contest.

  • ...
 4
 574

1 - The Newspaper Ad

It was just another normal morning at Derpy Hooves' house. Derpy was reading the daily newspaper when she noticed an ad for a muffin-eating contest. She started reading.

"Ponyville's first Ultimate Muffin-Eating Contest will be taking place on Saturday the 27th at 6:00pm at Sugar Cube Corner, hosted by Princess Celestia herself. There will be a $500 reward for the winner of the contest. We've already got half the town joining and only ten of the luckiest ponies will be chosen on Friday the 26th at 12:00pm to participate. Don't wait until the last minute. Go to Sugar Cube Corner today to enter! Here's what to do: One, put you're name and phone number on a small piece of paper. Two, drop it in the large jar on the table just outside Sugar Cube Corner. Three, say hello to your chance of being in the Muffin-Eating Contest!"

"I must be in that contest!" Derpy said. "But I must train first." She picked up the phone and dialed Rainbow Dash's number. The phone started ringing.

Finally, Rainbow Dash picked up the phone. "Hello?"

"Rainbow Dash," Derpy said. "How would you like to help me train for the Muffin-Eating Contest that's coming up?"

"Why would you need to train for the contest?" Rainbow said. "I've seen you eat a whole pillow case full of muffins!"

"This is different. I need to eat as many as I can. And you know, there might be somepony who loves muffins more than I do."

"I've never seen anypony who loves muffins more than you do."

"Just help me train."

"Alright, tell me when you get chosen to enter tomorrow and I'll be there quick as a flash."

"Wait, tomorrow?" Derpy sounded shocked.

"Yeah, tomorrow's Friday the 26th," Rainbow said.

"Shoot! I gotta go now!" Derpy said before hanging up the phone. She went out her door and headed for Sugar Cube Corner.
**********

Derpy wrote her first and last name and her phone number on the small paper and put it in the jar. When she turned around, she ran into a pink Earth Pony with pink, curly mane and balloons for a Cutie Mark.

"Oh, hey, Pinkie!" Derpy said.

"Derpy!" Pinkie Pie said with her usual high-pitched voice. "Are you joining the Muffin-Eating Contest too?"

"Yeah," Derpy said. "I just finished signing up."

"I'm just about to join right now!" Pinkie said. "Hey! Maybe we can be a team!"

"Sorry but I already asked Rainbow Dash to help me train."

"Oh." Pinkie looked upset, but cheered up a moment later. "Well there's always Twilight!"

"I have to go now," Derpy said. "See you at the contest. You know, if we both get chosen." She went back to her house.