• Published 26th Aug 2014
  • 498 Views, 33 Comments

The Golden Throne - pokefreak13



Trixie embarks on a journey to defeat King Blueblood and win the title of Queen of Equestria.

  • ...
3
 33
 498

Introduction

Before the great Queen Celestia died five years ago, she made a law that which ever warrior sits upon her throne of gold first, they would become King or Queen of Equestria. However, instead of this being a race, warriors all over the land killed one another for the throne.

Once news of this reached the dying queen, Celestia made it so that a new ruler will get the chance to take the throne once a year. Hoping that this added rule would keep her game more civil. However, it did the opposite of that.

When the first new ruler, King Sombra, took the throne, he struck fear into the hearts of many so that nopony would challenge him for the throne. But luckily, two year later a warrior by the name of Blueblood decided to challenge the ruthless king. In the battle that lasted two days, Blueblood became the victorious.

He was a smart, yet sly king. Whenever somepony challenged him for the throne, King Blueblood would always win.

Now, a new warrior dreams of dethroning the king. And that pony is-


"The great and powerful Trixie does not have to pay ten silver coins for a sack of flour." a blue unicorn stated flatly to a merchant.

"Then go away, you're holding up the line!" a buff, light brown pegasus informed, waving his hoof at the line of ponies.

"Fine! But I'll have you know that I work for Greenhooves. And I'm sure he'd love to hear about this." Trixie exclaimed.

Greenhooves was a well known sensei that rarely taught anypony, let alone a teen. So it was no wonder that the sales pony tensed up after hearing about this.

"Y-you are?" he gulped.

The unicorn put on a sly smile and leaned in closer, "Yep." she whispered.

"F-five silver coins then!" he practically yelled.

With a smug look on her face, Trixie hoofed over five silver coins in exchange for a sack of flour. Then the unicorn trotted off down the cobblestone road, humming a little victory tune.

As she turned a corner, Trixie felt something tug her blue skirt. When she turned around, she saw that it was a familiar purple dragon. He wore a simple grey shirt, green shorts, and had a pen behind his ear.

"Spike? What do you want?" Trixie asked curiously.

"Master Greenhooves told me to get you. Since you are late for lessons again." the dragon answered.

Trixie groaned, "But tomorrow's the new year! I need to get ready for my journey to Canterlot!" she informed.

Spike face palmed, "You do realize that the guard won't let you out without a note from our teacher, right?"

"Well I uh." she began white tugging at her dark blue and black tie, creasing her white blouse.

"Come on." the dragon sighed.


"There you are!" a mare exclaimed as Trixie and Spike entered the home.

The mare wore a light red blouse, and forest green shorts.

"Hi Roseluck! Where's Master Greenhooves?" Spike asked.

"Grandfather is in the training room." Roseluck replied, then she shifted her gaze to the sack of flour that floated above Trixie, "Um, why do you have a sack of flour?" the mare questioned.

"I was at the market." the unicorn answered while ushered down the hall by Spike.

Once her grandfather's students left, the mare shook her head and smiled. Then she grabbed her watering can off of the living room table and headed outside.


"You are late." an elderly light brown pony said as Trixie and Spike entered the room. He wore a sky blue shirt and milk chocolate colored pants.

The two students bowed respectively before taking their position on a dark blue mat.

"I am sorry Master Greenhooves, but I got carried away from packing my things." Trixie replied.

"And where are you off to?" the elder asked.

"To Canterlot to win the throne of gold. But then I forgot that I'd need a letter from you in order to pass the gates,"

"So you were hoping that I'd write you permission to leave." he finished.

Trixie blushed, "Yes."

The old pony sighed, "I will write you a pass but-"

"YES!"

"But only after you finished two days of training." he finished.

"But,"

"No buts. Now pick up a wooden sword and decapitate that dummy." Greenhooves replied while pointing to a wooden pony.

Trixie groaned in frustration, but levitated her flour besides her teacher. Then she quickly picked a sword from a wall and headed towards the wooden dummy.

"Spike, I want you to practice your claw-eye coordination by throwing those stakes at those circles." he informed while pointing over to a wall with five painted circles on it. Each were a different size.

"Begin." Greenhooves commanded.

Trixie did a quick nod and galloped over to the dummy. Then she swung her sword, making the blade to come intact with the neck of her brainless opponent. When the unicorn yanked the blade from the dummy, there was a medium size gash in the neck of her opponent.

"Crap!" Trixie muttered a little too loud.

"Language." the elder pony reminded.


After three long hours of doing the same thing over and over, Greenhooves clapped his hooves, making his students stop what they were doing and look at him.

"Tomorrow we'll work on sword fighting." he announced while getting onto his hooves.

"But I've been working on sword fighting." Trixie whined.

"And you need more practice." her teacher countered, "Now get going, class dismissed."

Groaning, Trixie levitated the wooden sword back onto the wall before picking up her flour and heading out. However, she stopped by the front door in order for Spike to catch up.

When the dragon was by her side, the two students trotted off into town.

Author's Note:

For those who don't know who Greenhooves is, he was the pony who over watered Fluttershy's flowers in Putting Your Hoof down.
Also, Spike is a teen in this story.