• Published 20th Jul 2014
  • 526 Views, 2 Comments

Dimensional Clash - BloodHive1998



When two different worlds collide, The Mane Six and Their Counterparts must work together to restore balance

  • ...
7
 2
 526

Dimensions come together

2nd
Dream Realm
A Pegasus Vampony Stallion with black coat, short really dark purple mane and tail, a cutie mark of a silver sun wrapped in demonic red vines, black mist coming out of his eyes, and the typical features of a Pegasus vampony smiled demonically as he looked at the sword he had tricked another Pegasus vampony into getting him. The sword had a dark red hilt in the shape of skeletal wings, a midnight black blade with evil silver lines along it, and a faint dark purple glow emanating from all of it. "I'm surprised that Pegasus was able to get this, I'll need to give her some extra bits when I'm getting ready to destroy these worlds." The Stallion, named Death Vine, said before laughing demonically. "Now that I have the Blade of Severed Destruction, I can end both of these worlds, and get revenge on those pathetic harmonic siblings." Death Vine said with a hiss as he raised the sword, which glowed with black magic, and struck down, cutting a literal hole in the dimensional plain.
So easy to fool. Midnight thought as she used some magic to get the dimensional and temporal coordinates. Dimension three-nine-seven-two, the dimension of the harmonic siblings. Time 4:00pm about three years after Nightmare Moon's return from a one thousand year imprisonment on the moon. Date Friday the thirteenth October. a calm voice rang threw Midnight's head. "Good." she whispered as she fazed out of the dream.

Castle of the Royal Pony Sisters
"Remind me again why you still call this the Castle of the Royal Pony Sisters?" Midnight asked Nightmare Moon as she waited for her friends to return from sharpening and cleaning their weapons, and getting Solar Sun a decent weapon.
"I always hoped I could convince Celestia of the beauty of my night, well I have seen that I can't." Nightmare Moon said.
"Okay."
"I'll get some of the Shadow-bolts ready to aid y-" Midnight cut Nightmare off.
"I'm sorry princess, but I must insist that only me, the other Elements of Chaos, Solar Sun, and Shifting Wave go. Bringing any others creates too large a risk and we're the only ones I feel are truly capable of taking on so much at a time."
"If that is what you wish, then it shall be. This is your mission, and the first time I've put you in charge of such an act. Don't treat it as one, but consider this like a test of your leadership skills."
"Very well Princess Nightmare Moon."
"You're soldiers are coming, good luck Princess Midnight Defiance."
With that, Midnight's allies for the mission entered and Nightmare left as a mist. "OKAY EVERYPONY, GATHER AROUND ME, THIS'LL BE A BUMPY RIDE AND WE HAVEN'T THE SLIGHTEST CLUE AS TO WHAT WE COULD FACE ON THE OTHER SIDE. KEEP YOUR GUARD UP AND STAY CLOSE." Midnight had quite a commanding voice.
As everypony gathered around her, Midnight heard the distinct laugh of the stallion that she had dream stalked to get the information, followed by the sound of tearing fabric. Midnight knew that the stallion had just cut open the dimensional plain and began her spell, drawing on the elements and their guardian to have enough power. A large spell ring lit up bellow them, the spell ring had a design of a six pointed star on it with an eight pointed star in the center. at each tip of the six pointed star was the symbol of the current element's of harmony (the symbol that was both Tranquil Wind's and Shifting Wave's cutie mark.) at the tips of the eight pointed star were each pony present's cutie mark, starting at the tip and going clockwise, the pattern was a replica of the pattern for the six pointed star with Solar Sun's and then Shifting Wave's cutie marks after the chaotic six's cutie marks. A similar spell ring appeared above the group, the only difference was that the cutie marks on the eight pointed star were those of the main six, Derpy Hooves, and Tranquil Wind from the Dimension of the Harmonic Siblings. with a sound that was equivalent to a Sonic Rainboom going off next to one's head and then amplified threefold, the rift opened and the group vanished from sight as a bright orange shield with red outlines lit up around the formation, creating a protection from intruders.

1st
"To use Black Magic you must channel your hatred as well as at least two extremely loving memories." Silver Night instructed Twilight. they were in the throne room with the doors closed and magically sealed.
"Remind me again just how you got me to let you do this?" Twilight said as she closed her eyes for a moment and a black mist engulfed her horn, then started leaking from her eyes.
"You know that your Harmony forms are only a last resort and you needed other ways to protect Equestria, seeing as you seem to have a new enemy every other week."
Twilight ignored Silver as she focused on a few targets in front of her. several spears made of pure shadow formed around her then shot out, striking every target and even hitting Silver between the eyes.
Silver pulled the shadow spear out of her head and let it dissipate.
"Sorry, I couldn't keep hold of all of them, I just meant to hit the targets." Twilight was scared.
"No actually you hit everything you intended to. The shadow spears are directed by your thoughts and your anger, you may have thought only of the targets, but your anger was directed at me. When using Black Magic, you must remember to direct your anger at your target as well as your thoughts. Try a shadow sword."
Twilight nodded and a wicked looking sword formed by her side. With a small spell, Silver set up several dummies and went up in green flames and a small red teleportation. Twilight attacked the dummies quickly, cutting them apart with her shadow sword. As she came to the last pony shaped dummy, it suddenly attacked her. Twilight screamed and lost focus, causing a small black magic explosion.
In a burst of green flames, Silver replaced the dummy that had attacked. "Never assume your enemy is unguarded. Even if they seem to have absolutely nothing, treat them as you would treat an armed enemy because you never know when they are truly unarmed and when they are hiding a weapon."
"I didn't know you were there."
"Always expect every possibility, from cloaked enemies to seemingly unarmed killers."
"Got it, why did I need the loving memories?"
"As you may have noticed with Sombra, his black magic mingled with nightmare and changeling magic. This weakens the magic. Black Magic draws on the hatred one feels, but without a balance, it's unpredictable and weak. The loving memories act as the balance to the hate, this makes the black magic spells far stronger."
"Oh."
"Now try to use Black Magic to hide in and control the shadows, and to become them."
Twilight's horn and eyes lit up with the mist that was black magic and she seemed to fade away. Across the room, several shadows began moving as if in a current and Twilight fazed out of the shadows that were on the wall before dismissing the shadows she had called. Finely Twilight's entire body became a moving wall of shadows with two glowing magenta eyes. The wall shot forward and engulfed Silver before reforming into Twilight, standing in front of Silver.
"Very good, maybe I should teach that to Rainbow Dash."
"But, she's a Pegasus."
"Black magic is fueled by hatred and love, weather or not the pony using it has a horn doesn't matter, that's why Black Magic is so commonly practiced. Earth ponies, Pegasi, Unicorns, Razorcorns, Batponies, Alicorns, and Changelings can all use it. Basically it's available to any and all pony races."
"Oh."
"Now then, shall we start on the other combat spells involving Black Magic?"
"Sure I guess."

About three hours of practicing Black, Necromancy, Dark, Changeling, Lunar, Solar, Nightmare, and even Harmony magic later. Twilight and Silver Night sat down for a break.
"How am I not tired?" Twilight asked.
"You've been drawing the magic back in when you finished, that's a useful tactic as only a small amount of your magic is lost to the environment immediately after you cast a spell, the rest is only lost when you just allow it to dissipate into the environment. By drawing your magic in, you're able to cast a lot more spells with your magic reserves, it's helpful in situations where you need to be able to perform a lot of magic, such as in battle."
"That makes sense, but why haven't I heard of that tactic before?"
"Reserved for only the Crystal, Lunar, Solar, and now Friendship guards as well as the remaining factions of the guard."
"So it's basically forbidden information to the public?"
"That's what I live for. Yes."
"Okay. So if you have knowledge a common pony shouldn't, then could you please tell me why the guard factions look almost exactly the same as the other members of each faction and why I've never seen any female guards at all?"
"They all have either a spell cast on them, or enchanted armor. The night guard are all pegasi, earth ponies, or unicorns turned into batponies, like your friend Fluttershy was and still is, the spell is rather complex and Luna is the only known pony able to perform it, even I can't. The Solar guard are all normal ponies with training and enchanted armor that gives them a set appearance and color scheme. The crystal ponies are the same. You're guard however hasn't been set with either since you must make the choice yourself. I'd suggest more variety, but that's just me."
"Okay, so why aren't there any mares as guards, and how would one go about joining the night guard?"
"The reason behind the lack of mare guards is simple, no mare has joined the guard (any of them) since Private Pansy's time. As to joining the Night Guard, it varies depending on your race. An Earth pony goes through some basic training as well as some training to become nocturnal, after that they must prove themselves in a rather intense series of challenges that test their combat and strategy skills as well as how nocturnal they are. If they pass then they are turned into batponies and go through more training to get use to having wings and flying. If you're a Pegasus, then you go through similar training as the
Earth ponies and if you pass a similar series of challenges, then you're turned into a bat pony and just need to get some extra flight training to get use to your new wings. If you're a unicorn then you go through the same challenges and training as Earth ponies, but you also go through some special training to get use to doing things without magic, if you pass then you're turned as well and you would lose your horn. After that you'd have to go through some different exams and training to fully get use to having wings and not having your unicorn magic."
"What if you're an alicorn, you know hypothetically speaking?"
"Then I'm not too sure, seeing as it's never happened, but seeing as you're a princess then I'd assume you'd keep your horn, some Lunar guards do get to do so if they prove themselves worthy and you've certainly done that."
"Hey! I never said that I wanted to be a Lunar Guard."
"You didn't have to, I know that you've always liked them and wondered if, assuming they were ever reestablished, you would be able to join them. I know all your entries into your diary remember?"
Twilight blushed. "Even the one about turning myself into an alicorn for a few weeks?" she asked embarrassingly.
"Yep, and I must say that you did an absolutely wonderful job at hiding it, a few times I had to remind myself that you had wings."
"Well you're right, I want to join, but I'm not sure how that would look."
"Twilight, it doesn't matter how it looks to others, so long as you like it. Besides it would look as if Equestria's newest princess was doing even more to protect Equestria."
"Thanks, but there is still the problem about how I'd spend time with my friends."
"You can try to work that out, now... I want to know what was with you going up in flames earlier."
"Well you see I-" Twilight was saved from answering as a spell ring lit up on the ground a few feat away, followed by another above it, and a brilliant orange shield with red energy on the outside.

Eight mares, all with fangs, glowing red eyes, and five with bat-like wings stepped out of the shield. "We haven't a lot of time to explain, both our dimension and yours are in danger and we need your help, and the help of the Element's of Harmony and their guardian, to save them." Midnight said as she looked at the ponies, then recognized them. "Wait, what are your names and designations?"
"Princess Twilight Sparkle, Element of Magic, and Princess of Friendship." Twilight said.
"Tranquil Wind, Guardian of the Spirits of the Elements of Harmony, and all of you?" Tranquil asked, having teleported in for some reason. Silver didn't speak
"Well we got two of them." Night Blood said.
"I'm Princess Midnight Defiance, Princess of Magic and Element of Magic from my Dimension, as well as former student to Princess Nightmare Moon. These are Shadow Death, Element of Laughter/Fear. Night Blood, Element of Loyalty/Betrayal. Blazing Moon, Element of Kindness/Cruelty, and Princess Nightmare Moon's adopted daughter. Defiant Shadow, Element of Honesty/Deceit. Blade Hex, Element of Generosity/Malevolence. Shifting Wave, Guardian of the Spirits of the Elements of Chaos. and Solar sun, she doesn't really have any designations." Midnight said
"Wait Princess Nightmare Moon?" Twilight asked
"In my dimension, she defeated Celestia the first time and enchanted the land to live off the light of the moon as well as corrupting the Elements of Harmony. About three years ago Celestia returned and nearly killed everypony in Vamponyville, we killed her with the elements, and yes we're all vamponies."
"Oh um okay, so if Starswirl the Bearded's Dimensional theory is correct then that would mean that you're dimension has a designation. Also how'd you get here?"
"I'm unfamiliar with a Starswirl the Bearded, though I believe they're this dimension's counterpart of Starlit Night. Yes My dimension has a designation like your's does. My dimension is the Night Eternal Dimension, your's is the Dimension of the Harmonic Siblings, now that all that is done, we have a lot to do. We need to go get the other elements, then you need to fill us in on your dimension, and after that we need to fill you in on what's happening."
"You didn't answer my question also how are you going to walk around, if what you say is being interpreted by me right then nopony from your dimension can be in the sun and it's midday here."
"Right well I just drew on the power of the elements and my own natural magic to create a dimensional rift, which is the magic rings and shield behind me, the shield is to keep intruders out. As to how we'll survive, All of us are protected by the elements, except Solar sun, she's protected by a modified Alicorn Amulet. Now, WE HAVEN'T ANYMORE TIME FOR CHATTING SO LET'S GO." With that the group headed to gather the other elements.

Author's Note:

Now the main plot begins.
Also from now on (unless the chaotic six, Shifting Wave, and Solar Sun return to their dimension) the chapter's wont have a dimension number at the beginning.