• Published 18th Jul 2014
  • 838 Views, 29 Comments

Coming Full Circle - Tennis Match Fan



One by one, the Mane Six pass on.

  • ...
2
 29
 838

Loyalty

“Hey, guys! Look at me!” Rainbow Dash yelled. The Wonderbolt was hanging out with her friends in Ponyville that day, and she was pulling a new trick that she had learned. But for that, she had to fly faster, and she flew straight toward Ghastly Gorge.

“Oh, I’m so excited!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed. She grabbed a bucket filled with popcorn.

“Is it normal that she’s doing this?” Rarity asked.

“I don’t know. She’s flying real fast, and in the Gorge,” Twilight responded doubtfully.

“Y’all shoul’ trust her. Ya know she’s the most experian’ flier in t’whole city,” Applejack said. “Just look at it! Righ’ b’fore she hits the wall, she pulles up an'...” with that, they heard a loud smash, coming from the gorge.

“Oh my,” Fluttershy whispered.

The five ponies ran to the gorge as fast as they could. as soon as they could see the place of the accident, Twilight stopped.

“Uh… Fluttershy? Why don’t you go back to Ponyville and get Nurse Mercy? I guess Rainbow needs a doctor," Twilight said, her voice laced with concern and fear. In fact, she didn’t want Fluttershy to see Rainbow like this.

“Oh, uhm… sure," Fluttershy said, and she flew away.

In the rock wall was a huge hole. There was blood at the edges of it, and in the center, there was a broken Rainbow Dash moaning softly.

“Darn it!” Applejack cried. She hurried to the rainbow coloured mare.

“Dash!” Twilight yelled. The four stood around there beloved friend.

Pinkie and Applejack started to remove the boulders piled around Dash while Twilight and Rarity did some aid spells.

“Stay close everypony, I’ll teleport us to the hospital,” Twilight said when the jobs were done.

“Wait, what about Fluttershy?” Rarity asked.

“She will be here with Nurse Mercy over two and a half minute.” Pinkie said.

“Howd’ya know?” Applejack asked.

“Pinkie sense” was her only response.

~

“Nurse Mercy?” Fluttershy tabbed at the shoulder of a nurse in front of her.

“Yes ma’am. Can I help you?” the sweet nurse asked, and she turned around. “oh, hey Fluttershy. Good to see you again. How are you doing?”

“I’m fine,” The meek pegasus answered, “but Rainbow Dash isn’t. She crashed at Ghastly Go…”

“Miss Mercy! Come over here. A doctor yelled. “Emergency protocol!”

“I’m on it!” Nurse Mercy yelled, and she turned back to Fluttershy. “I’m so sorry sweety, I’ve got work to do…”

“But Dash…” Fluttershy whispered too soft for Mercy to hear it. Then she recognised the familiar voices of her friends. After a bit walking, she found her friends standing in front of the operation room.

“What’s going on?” Fluttershy asked.

“The injuries… were worse than we expected.” Twilight started.

“She needed to be operated. Immediately.” Rarity continued.

“And I know it’s tough… t’say… bu’… there’s a chance tha’ Rainbow Dash… won’ make ‘t” Applejack said with a sad smile.

Pinkie Pie sat at the little play table with some foals. Trying to lock away her sadness… but failed. She burst out into tears. “Rainbow Dash!”

“Please tell me this isn’t true…” Fluttershy asked anxiously.

“We hope so…”

~

A few hours later, Nurse Mercy came out the operating room. The five waiting ponies gathered up to hear the news.

“The operation was hard, but we succeed to remove all the rocks and stitch all the flesh wounds. Her inner organs are damaged way too much to heal them with one operation. She’s stabilizing, but still a bit critical. She has to stay here for a long time," she reported. “We bring her to her room, but she needs to rest.” And she looked sternly at Pinkie Pie. “Real rest.”

After a while, they all sat around the bed, just staring at Rainbow Dash. Luna already risen the moon, but they didn’t care.

An assistant came in the room. “May I ask you to leave the hospital please? Our patients needs their rest, so we don’t allow any visitors at night."

Everypony but Twilight got up. “Are you coming too, darling?” Rarity asked before she left the room.

“No.”

“Excuse me, but you have to go,” The assistant said, more forcefully.
“But I say I don’t.” Twilight stated harshly.
“Listen Twilight Sparkle, I know you hold a lot of weight and power in Ponyville, but please, show some respect to all our patients,” The assistant asked, trying to be friendly.

“Twi? C’mon. Ya need ta sleep.” Applejack said. “We can leave Rainbow, the pony said it was bes' for her…”

“NO!” Twilight exclaimed, turning on Applejack. “Rainbow Dash needs us to be around! She’s real sick and hurt. She needs her friends to be with her. To drag her trough this." She turned around to Rainbow Dash. “That’s exactly what she would do.” And she looked back at her friends. “for all of us.” She looked around. “I made my mind. I stay here.” With that, the machine, attached to Rainbow Dash made an annoying sound.

“Oh no.” the assistant said. “Quick, get doctor Ray!” and he ran over to Rainbow's bed.

A nurse ran in with a doctor. “What’s going on here?!” they asked.

“Low blood pressure, heartbeats are going down, and still unconscious," the assistant responded.

“Start reanimate. Nurse Penicillin. 250CC anti-froxamnution B, now!” the Doctor ordered.

“Rainbow Dash” Twilight whispered. They all came together, holding each other, and watching the doctors work.

“Get the defibrillator! Now!” Ray said.

The assistant grabbed the said tool. “180, Clear!”

He tried to reanimate.

“No response,” Nurse Penicillin said.

“Charge that thing to 240! We’re loosing her!”

“No… Dash, please no,” Fluttershy prayed, tears welling in her eyes.

“240 Clear!” the assistant yelled.

“No response," the nurse replied. A colt icy feeling crept into Twilight's heart.

“50CC adrenaline. Straight in her heart, pronto.”

Pinkie Pie's eyes got wet.

“50CC adrenaline. Shot!” The doctor drilled the shot in Rainbow’s heart. The drilling noise was followed by a monotone beep.

“Dash…” Applejack moaned, unaware that she was hugging Rarity. The white unicorn was trying to keep her eyes dry.

The three medics sighed in defeat. “Hour of death?”

“22:14.”

~

It was inevitable.

Twilight closed her eyes and sighed as she stood with her four friends at her fifth friend's grave. That morning, the Weather Team had settled mist over Ponyville. Everything was quiet that day.

Fluttershy stepped forward and placed a feather from her wings on Rainbow Dash's grave. Rarity put her hoof on Fluttershy's shoulder in consolation.

"Oh Rainbow," Twilight murmured. "Why?"

The brim of Applejack's hat was pulled low over her face. Rarity's dress was a dark rainbow: the colors were desaturated and dull. Pinkie Pie's mane hung limply over her face, and Fluttershy's mane looked like it hadn't been cared for in days.

It was inevitable, Twilight thought. And somehow ironic. The greatest flier in Equestria, can't pull out of a dive fast enough- Twilight shut her eyes again, biting her bottom lip to keep from crying out loud.

The soft breeze of wing beats caused Twilight to turn around. Spitfire, Soarin, and Fleetfoot had arrived. Twilight and Applejack silently stepped to the side so Rainbow's colleagues could say goodbye.

The three Wonderbolts walked up to Rainbow Dash's grave. Spitfire placed down a silver pin; Fleetfoot, her favorite pair of glasses. Soarin was last. He gently plucked a feather from his left wing and let it float down to rest on the top of the quartz grave. The Wonderbolts took off again. Twilight was thankful that the Wonderbolts had left the group of friends to do their mourning alone.

Suddenly, Fluttershy let out a small gasp of surprise. Twilight saw what she was reacting to. A pale red mist was rising out of the grave. Twilight stepped back as the mist snaked through the air. It coiled around and finally came to Twilight. Then it disappeared, as if the mist had become part of Twilight.

And Twilight knew that somehow, it had. She had a new responsibility now. She must wield the Element of Loyalty.

Author's Note:

This is called AU where the Elements are still used.