• Published 15th Jul 2014
  • 624 Views, 20 Comments

Letters To No one - cutedementia



Twilight is now 200 years old. the other elements have been given immortality and they have been sent on a grand journey to see that Celestia's great visions for Equestria come true.

  • ...
5
 20
 624

Myraid (Chapter 9)

Author's Note:

Don't forget to leave comments, always fun reading them.

"Why did you not wake me!?" Luna growled, waking Twilight as her anger made her raise her voice. "So what? You just locked down the entire floor?"

"And the two floors below you. We had to remove Mrs. Applejack and Mrs. Rainbow Dash, as well as Mrs. Fluttershy and move them down to Rarity's room," the mare explained, motioning toward a piece of paper laying on the table next to them. "These are only half of the guards stationed, the others will decide random locations that will not be mapped out to keep moles from getting past us."

"You're taking this over the top, you evicted Twilight's friends and now you've got the whole building on lockdown! Construction better still be going on!" Luna said with a heavy tone.

"Of course. We are focusing all our resources on the hotel, not on the job site," the mare responded rather sharply. "We know what we're doing."

"Clearly you do not or you wouldn't even bother coming. How the hell did you get here so fast anyway?" Luna asked in confusion. “The trip from Canterlot to them should have taken close to a month, even by teleportation."

The mare frowned with a sigh. "All of this happened a few weeks ago, we only got here now."

"And why did you not send a letter to inform me? Why did no one send a letter to inform me? Where is my sister?"

"She's fine-" the mare was cut off quickly.

"Yeah, that's great and all, but why has she not contacted us in any way for years!?" Luna demanded.

"I don't know. I haven't spoken with her in months as is."

They were interrupted by Twilight sitting up, looking concerned. "What’s going on?" she asked in a daze, quickly standing up off the bed, noting that the bed was still warm on Luna's side, meaning she left the bed recently.

"Princess Cadance has been found dead," the guard said, before receiving a light tap on the head from Luna's magic.

"Do not frighten her by being vague, explain."

The guard nodded looking a bit nervous now. "The princess was found dead five weeks ago in her bathroom. We don't know from what. So far Shining Armor is safe, as well as Princess Celestia. The autopsy was being conducted as I left so I don't know what killed her."

"But.. my brother is safe right?" Twilight asked, her voice dipping down into deep concern.

"I'm afraid I don't know princess... when I left, he was under the tight watch of Luna's personal guard. I assure you he will be kept safe, but since I don't know what killed his wife, I cannot guarantee everypony in the castle is safe."

"How many guards stayed behind to guard him?" Luna said, walking over to Twilight, gently kissing her forehead to try and relax her.

"Thirty-three exactly," the mare responded quickly.

"Why the odd number?..." Twilight asked confused. "Never mind, not important. I want him down here with us as soon as possible."

"I'm afraid I cannot just order him down here princess," the mare replied with a frown.

"Oh, you're not giving him the order, I am. Draft a letter on your orders for your guards, I will send it along with my letter to him. He's coming here or we’re going home. No exception."

"But Princess Celestia said-"

"Princess Celestia has said nothing to me in years, I'm done waiting on her. My brother is coming here or I'm going to him. Have your letter ready and to my door by the time we are ready to sleep, understood?"

"Princess, I'm afraid I don't take orders from you," the mare said, hoping to not have to explain this to her fellow guards.

"You do now. As far as you're concerned, her orders are mine," Luna said with a frown.

"Understood, Princess Luna, I'm sorry. I meant no disrespect. I was simply informing her-" she was cut off once again.

"I know Myraid, you're doing fine," Luna assured her, walking over with a light smile. "Just make sure you get the letter to Twilight by the end of the day, okay?"

Myraid nodded, looking up at the princess, seeming to quickly become very upset. "I'm sorry princess. I tried to get here earlier but..." Myraid sighed, pressing a hoof to her face.

"Relax, child, you're doing fine. I know it's been a few years since you were even trained for this sort of thing. Don't worry, okay? You're doing fine. I'm going to make your job a bit easier. Please move all the other elements up to our room. Tell them to keep their belongings in their rooms, we can get them as they need them."

Myraid nodded again. "Thank you princess, I'll bring them up within the hour. I'm afraid I won't see you until later tonight, I must draft that letter for Twilight," Myraid shook her head quickly. "Sorry, Princess Twilight."

Twilight giggled a little. "I never did adjust to the title princess, feel free to ignore it."

"Understood, princess" Myraid responded.

Twilight rolled her eyes. She walked out of the master bedroom into the living area of their hotel suite where she was greeted by around fifteen guards spread about the room standing silently, waiting. "Are they going to be staying in here or...?" she asked, assuming the two mares had followed her.

"No, half will dispatch outside your door, the rest on the balcony. I will be the only guard roaming about your room from time to time. Try not to make too much noise, they will not hesitate to storm in if they hear anything suspicious."

"Understood. Thank you, Myraid," Luna said with a smile, nodding down to her. "You may get the other elements now. Thank you for your help."

Myraid nodded, looking over at the other guards before heading out. The guards quickly separated, making their way to their own posts. Once Luna and Twilight were alone, Twilight frowned, turning to her.

"Why the guards? Do they think she was killed?" Twilight asked in a repressed panic.

"They don't know what to think. Her horn was hollow when they found her. What could have done that? I don't know..." Luna sighed. "Whatever it is, your brother is safer here with us."

"I know... I hope he gets here soon," Twilight sighed as her magic started up, the pencil across the room starting to work on the page. "It will take him four weeks, he's a strong unicorn.”

"Are you.. talking while you write to him?" Luna asked with a laugh.

"Yeah, I don't have to think about what I'm writing to write what I want. It writes itself by now,” she said, the pencil still working away.

"That's interesting. Well, knowing Myraid she'll be back in roughly two to three hours with your requested letter. She's a good soldier, hence why we also made her immortal."

"Oh, she's an immortal? Interesting."

"Sister thought it would be better to keep our best guards around. Your brother was immortal from the day he became captain of the guard," Luna explained.

"What? He never told me that!" Twilight said with a frustrated frown.

"No, no, I mean, he would have gotten the spell sooner or later. He might as well have been guaranteed it," Luna explained.

"Alright... it was bad enough dropping out of contact with him for so long back before he got married, I was afraid I didn't know as much about him as I thought."

"You know everything there is to know about him. Why have you not been sending him letters to communicate between you and the castle? He would never miss your letters like my sister has been doing."

"I didn't want to use him. If I send him a letter I want to be for something important. Something for him, not for the princess."

"The other girls will be up here soon. We better get the living area ready for them to sleep in," Luna said looking around. "Seems easy enough. You finish your letter, I'll handle all this."

"Sure you don't want my help?" Twilight asked, standing up now, pencil still digging away at the page.

"Just get your brother down here, and send a letter to Celestia while you're at it. Inform her of your wishes and make sure to add a footnote that this is a request from us both,” Luna said, her magic pushing furniture about the room.

"Alright. It's gonna take me a second, but I can write both at the same time. I just can't talk while I do, so, um, can you focus on this while I finish these up?"

"Of course, go ahead darling," Luna smiled, walking back over and kissing Twilight's cheek. "Take your time, this is important to you."

"Alright, thank you," Twilight responded, walking over to the desk where she picked up a second pencil, getting ready to write.

"We're here for the party!" Pinkie’s weak voice picked up from the door. "Or at least, me and Fluttershy are," she giggled, limping into the room.

Luna turned to them. "Ah, hello girls. Please take a seat. Twilight is just writing some letters, try not to bother her for a moment if you can."

"Of course, princess," Fluttershy said, helping Pinkie move over to the couches nearby and sitting her down. "Pinkie is actually feeling a little better this morning. I think she's starting to pick back up," Fluttershy smiled.

"Mhm! I'll be back to party mode in no-" she was cut off by a few coughs. "Time!" she said finally, giggling as she did so.

"That's good to hear. I'm going to explain all this to you girls once the others are here. For now, I'm just getting your beds ready."

"Our beds?" Fluttershy asked, looking at the pieces of furniture about the room lined up as beds. "Oh, we have to sleep in here?"

"Yes, unfortunately. Myraid is here for protection detail. This makes her job much easier. You don't mind do you?"

"No, I'm just asking," Fluttershy said looking around the room. "This will be like our sleepovers all over again," she joked.

"A sleepover!? Awesome!" Pinkie Pie exclaimed from her seat next to Fluttershy.

"Mm, you are doing better," Twilight said, her pencils stopping for a moment. "I'll be joining you in a moment. Glad to see you're doing good, Pinkie," she smiled back at her friends before turning back to her letters. "Just need to get my brother here now and everything will be okay again."