• Published 15th Jul 2014
  • 624 Views, 20 Comments

Letters To No one - cutedementia



Twilight is now 200 years old. the other elements have been given immortality and they have been sent on a grand journey to see that Celestia's great visions for Equestria come true.

  • ...
5
 20
 624

How many times (Chapter 7)

Author's Note:

Sorry for the 5+ day delay.

The massive time skips will stop at the next chapter.

And to clarify this time skip for those confused. It has been a year since the last chapter and they have now been moving toward the factory.

Twilight/Lunas issue. (You'll learn about it in-story) has been going on for close to 10 months.

Twilight's birthday: Two hundred and fifteen years old as of today.
Letter to Princess Celestia.
Subject: The Factories

Dear Princess,
It has been three years now since I have received a letter from you, but I shall continue to send letters to report on our situation as often as I can. This letter will take six hours to reach you due to how far away we now are, but somehow I don't think that matters.

We are now four hours from arriving at the factory and the others are very excited to see what work has already been done. Luna continues to retreat from us, acting as if she cannot freely speak in front of anyone here. Perhaps that is my fault.... the more I think about how I left her, the more I wish I did not do it.

All of this is so much for me to take in. Immortality aside, any relationship is made with the purpose of attempting to find somepony you want to spend your entire life with. I've had a hard time figuring out... what I want.

I would ask you for help but... I guess I'm learning quickly that you're not interested in talking to me anymore...

[-----]

Twilight made a frustrated grunt, tearing up the paper and throwing it out the window of the cart. Her friends glanced over at her in concern as she made a growling noise and started ripping at her entire stack of paper whipping it all out the window. "Why can't I just write a simple letter!?" she yelled in frustration, burying her face in her hooves as her friends stared her down.

"Are you okay sugarcube?" Applejack asked concerned.

"Hardly.... I'm just, I'm losing touch."

"What can we do to help?" Fluttershy asked.

"I don't know... nothing maybe?" Twilight sighed. "All of this is just so overwhelming to me it's the... it's the breakup with Luna, it's the princess never answering me and it's Pinkie getting worse.... I don't know what to do anymore."

"You're not the only one who's lost Twilight... all of those things are damaging Luna as well," Rarity pointed out.

"Did any of you get the chance to speak to her today?" Twilight asked. She had often been relying on them as a source of information for how Luna was doing. She felt face to face time with her was too awkward for the both.

Her friends looked at each other confused for a moment before all shook their heads. "Sorry, sugarcube, I don't think any of us has."

Twilight frowned, looking down at the seat below her. "I'm afraid she might want to go back to the castle... and we'll be alone again."

"We’re more than a month's worth of travel away from the castle... we’re already alone," Fluttershy said in a rather depressing tone.

"Do you guys... think I made a mistake?" Twilight asked.

"I think you need to be careful about who you select as yer partner. As it is now, we’re going to live forever and... we need to be careful about who we choose to spend that time with," Applejack replied. "No, I don't think you made a mistake. I think you weighed your options and figured out that you have the time to test things out before you step into anything big."

Twilight nodded. "Thanks..." she said half-heartedly. "Luna has been saying she wants to talk but... I keep ignoring her. I think I'm starting to make her angry... she said she wanted to talk in the cart, but I ignored her to be in this one with you guys."

"I'm surprised she hasn't used her magic to drag you over there."

Twilight sighed. "Oh, she wants to... I can feel her magic doing something, but it's not directly on me."

Before Twilight could explain any more, a light flick of bright lights trickled through the center of the room, soon replaced with Scootaloo and Applebloom, who had been riding in the cart with Luna in front of them. "Hey..." Scootaloo said, trying to keep a good poker face going but failing. "I think you're in trouble," she admitted.

"What do you mean?" Twilight asked concerned.

"Well... she sent us out of the car because she said she was going to make you 'quite angry,' so I'm assuming she's mad at you?" Scootaloo replied.

"Make me angry?" Twilight asked. "How is she going to make-" she stopped mid sentence only to have her eyes go wide. With a heavy growl, her magic kicked up and suddenly she was gone from the car. The others all looked sideways at Scootaloo and Applebloom as if they would have an explanation, but they did not.

Twilight’s magic crashed into the other cart, placing her directly in front of Luna. Visibly furious, Twilight glared at her. "What the hell makes you think you can touch my stars!" she growled in anger as her magic attempted to fix the constellations hanging in the night sky above them.

"It was the only way I could get your attention," Luna insisted.

"Get my attention?! Do you even know what kind of damage you could have caused!?" Twilight said in fury, glancing out the window up at the sky above them to take a second look at her corrections.

"Twilight, I am thousands of years old I assure you I know what I'm doing-"

Twilight’s magic whipped a suitcase in her direction. Barely missing Luna, it smashed into the window next to her creating a massive crack in it. "Yet you act like a four year old throwing a tantrum!" Twilight screamed. "You want my attention? Fine, you have it! But don't you ever touch my stars again!"

Luna tried to interrupt, but was obviously shaken from having all this anger thrown at her. "Yes, okay! Maybe it was reckless and maybe it was childish, but I had to get your attention!" Luna was starting to cry now as she tried to explain. "I'm sorry! I had to get your attention..." she had broken down into sobs at this point as she struggled to keep her composure. "You've just been completely ignoring me! I mean you just... you just left me," she said between tears.

Twilight’s anger was gone now, replaced with guilt and depression. "I... I didn't leave you," she managed to say in a repressed tone. "I just... I wanted time to think about everything I was doing... so many things are happening to me at once. I'm so overwhelmed, I... I'm sorry."

Luna was sniffling as she struggled to keep as calm as possible. "I'm sorry I moved your stars, I just..."

"Had to get my attention," Twilight said with frown. "You have it," she said looking away from the princess.

"Twilight, we’re coming up on the factories now. We're going to be here for at least four years. Twilight, I'm done sleeping alone.... I used to find comfort in the moonlight that came through my castle bedroom windows, but that's just not enough for me anymore. Twilight, I only have two choices," Luna said with a heavy frown. "I can either try desperately to make things work between us or... or I have to leave and try to find somepony else. But I can't stay here anymore, at least. I can't stay here alone anymore."

"How did you know moving my stars would get my attention?" Twilight asked in confusion, knowing if she messed with Luna's moon it would not affect her.

"I didn't.. I just hoped it would. I didn't know what else to do."

Twilight sighed looking away for a moment closing her eyes. "I'm going back to the other cart... I'll be back in a few minutes."

"What are you going to tell them?" Luna asked clearing her eyes.

"I'm just going to tell them we need some time.. to sort through things," Twilight replied.

"How many times have we told them that I wonder..." Luna said with a sigh.