• Published 12th Apr 2012
  • 1,693 Views, 93 Comments

My Little Wendigo: Mutilation is Fun - Gothic_Novel



A work in progress. A zombie-like illness has overtaken Equestria, and only a few remain unchanged.

  • ...
10
 93
 1,693

Chapter 7

Trixie stepped gingerly around what was once a proud earth pony. This job is disgusting, she thought. Why the buck do I have to be here? Captain Stormy Skies trotted over from where he'd been conversing with his underlings. "Miss Trixie. We are ready to begin our assault. We await your order." Certainly is straight to the point, isn't he? "Fine. The Great and Powerful Trixie commands you: Beat the hell out of these creeps!" Stormy Skies nodded, a sick grin spreading over his face. "With pleasure, ma'am." He turned to his fellow soldiers. "You heard the lady! Search and destroy! Round up any survivors you can find, but leave the dead where they are. There'll be plenty more when we're done here. Now move out!" As the guards scattered in various directions, he pulled his own sword from its scabbard. Oh, this is gonna be fun.

_______________________________________________________________________

Meanwhile, at Sweet Apple Acres, all was silent. Applejack had seemed thrilled to see her friend and brother and they were just as happy to see her. But still, something seemed... wrong. Was it because the house felt so empty? Because the world felt so empty? Whatever the reason, nopony said a word for the longest time. Nearly half an hour passed, with the only thing remotely unusual happening was that Dinky had wandered off to Luna knows where. The mare of the house was the one to finally break the silence. "'Scuse me a sec, sugarcubes. I got somethin' to take care of real fast." With that, she slid out of her chair and walked out of the room. As they listened, they could hear her climb the stairs and walk across the floor overhead. Without warning, there was a loud thud and Applejack cursed. "Sis?" Big Macintosh called. "You all right?" "Ah'm fine," she responded. "Just kicked somethin' over is all. Be back in a jiff."

And back in a jiff she was. Applejack reclaimed her seat, hat now firmly perched upon her head. Fluttershy blinked in surprise. How had she not noticed before? Was what had been bothering her? She allowed herself a small grin. How could she have been so silly? "Um... S-so how have you been, Applejack?" she asked, slightly reassured now. "Me? Well... Shoot, nothing special. It's been a nightmare with those things runnin' loose, but Ah've managed to keep 'em away for the most part. Haven't seen many live ponies, surprisingly. Ah guess not many made it out of Ponyville." "Oh. T-that's too bad..." Fluttershy lowered her head. "Aw, c'mon now, sugarcube. Nothin' to get worked up over. That's just how things work these days. Survival of the fittest. Right, Big Macintosh?" "...Eeyup." "Ya see? This is just how it goes, Fluttershy. Workin' with animals and such, you should know how it is." For some reason she couldn't understand, Fluttershy couldn't bring herself to look her friend in the eye. "Oh... Um. Y-yes. I suppose you're right..." Applejack smiled. "Course ah am! Say, there's somethin' Ah wanna show ya'll, out in the barn. Ah think you'll be surprised."

The older three of the surviving party followed Applejack outside to the back of the barn. The door had been boarded over, forcing them to climb a ladder and crawl through an upper window to enter. Applejack went first, followed by Derpy and Fluttershy, leaving Big Macintosh the last on the ground. As he squeezed his bulky frame through the slender window, he was immediately assaulted with the most vile smell he had ever witnessed. He reeled over to the railing at the edge of the wooden balcony they were standing on and vomited over the side. After waiting about ten seconds for the nausea to clear, he opened his eyes. He immediately wished he hadn't.

The barn that once held their farm equipment now housed a field of the mutilated dead. Ponies of all ages and races lay torn to shreds in putrid, rotting heaps. The dull gleam of bone beamed up at him amid the carnage. And there in the middle, tearing apart a slightly fresher body, was a small, pale shape. More bile rose in his throat as realization struck him. "AJ... What... what the buck is that?" Applejack only smiled. "Shame on you, Big Mac," she said slowly, leveling her rifle with the back of her brother's head. "Can't you recognize your own baby sister?"