• Published 3rd Jul 2014
  • 1,761 Views, 14 Comments

The Key - CrackedInkWell



What would happen when the CMC is accedently sent a thousand years into the future? What would they find there?

  • ...
2
 14
 1,761

5: Welcome Back Party

There was a bright flash for a moment, and there were Princess Applejack and her little sister standing on the balcony that overlooked Ponyville. They turned to the giant brightly painted bubble gum pink giraffe, which was the home of Princess Pinkamena Diane Pie.

Applejack took noticed that her sister seemed to be nervous even long before she teleported them here. She already had a good idea what it was about.

“Applebloom, you don't have to tell her at the party.”

“I know. But...” Applebloom trailed off.

“Just worried?” Applejack asked, to which her sister nodded.

“Trust me, I know what it's like. And I keep tellin' ya, she's goin' to eventually find out one way or another.”

“I know. It's just, I don't think I could do it right now.”

“And I'm tellin' ya, you don't have to right here, that's for you and you alone to do so. All I could suggest that you should do it sooner rather than later.”

“And this is coming from a pony who took how long to tell Rainbow?”

“Oh shut up.”

-*-

A few minutes later on that same balcony, three more guests appeared the same way as Princess Applejack had. Now this time there was Sir Spike, Sweetie Belle, and Princess Rarity. Sweetie Bell now had on the latest fashion in Paris with a smile.

“Paris is amazing!” Sweetie squeaked. “That was so much fun!”

To Spike and Rarity, it was a regular day in the capital. Getting fabrics and jewelry from the fashion district, inspecting the latest art from museums, eating at their usual reserved place at the Eiffoal tower for lunch, and shopping for whatever else they needed. But to Sweetie Bell, this was one of the best days that she could remember.

“Quite.” Rarity said, “Now let's go inside dear, Pinkie is waiting for us.”

-*-

Rainbow Dash landed on the balcony and used her magic to put Scootaloo down. By now, the party was already starting. As they entered the pink giraffe, Scootaloo noticed two things right away. First, like the blue box, it was much bigger on the inside. And second, the normal laws of gravity don't really work here, for all the ponies were walking on walls and even on the ceiling.

“Scootaloo!” she looked up, and down from the walls was Sweetie Bell.

“Hey Sweetie Belle, where's Applebloom?”

“On the ceiling in the next room. Come on up.”

Scootaloo put a hoof on the wall, then another, and with a little jump, she was standing on the wall without falling back on the floor. As they made their way to the upper floor, they bumped into a maid with a lime green bow tie, with blue polka dots.

“Oh, sorry about that, do you know where Miss Pie is?”

“She's by the swimming pool.” Sweetie Belle answered.

“Thank you.” As the maid left, Scootaloo staring at Sweetie Bell.

“What?”

“Miss? Is Pinkie married?”

“Yeah. But can you never guess who?”

“I don't know, what kind of a pony would stand her.”

“I would.” Came a voice in the wall. Sitting on a serving tray that one of the servants were carrying. Scootaloo unsurprisingly jumped back in shock and surprise.

“DISCORD!”

“Well of course.” Discord deadpanned, “Were you expecting somepony else? At least your reaction was more restraint then Applebloom's.”

“W-what did she do?”

“She bucked me hard in the face. Twice.”

Despite the shock of seeing Discord, Scootaloo couldn't help but chuckle.

“But it's alright.” Discord continued. “At least my face is replaceable. Now, how about you two go upstairs so we can start this welcome back party properly.”

On the next floor, they found on the ceiling Applebloom with her sister. Along with Princesses Twilight, Fluttershy and Rarity.

“Hey, Applebloom!” Scootaloo cried out as she and Sweetie Belle trod over to her. They both noticed that Applebloom blushed.

“Hey Applebloom, you okay?” Scootaloo asked.

“Y-yeah, it must be because we're upside-down or somethin'.”

The three princesses giggled.

“What's so funny?” Sweetie Belle asked.

“I'll tell you later dearie.” Rarity said.

“Oh! What's the joke?” They looked up, or rather down, there they found the smiling Pinkie and Rainbow.

-*-

As time went by, the three crusaders have been telling each other about what had happened to them in the last few days.

Applebloom told them about spending free time with her sister in Appaloosa, and that she's getting treated like royalty.

Sweetie Bell told them about her sister's new home, and that she got to spend the day wandering around Paris.

Scootaloo went on talking about her day in Cloudtropolis. Her new scooter that can fly on clouds. And she even mentioned that they are remembered here.

“So wait,” said Sweetie Belle, “if we're the founders of a club that's lasted for a thousand years, shouldn't we get our cutie marks for that?”

They all at once looked at their flanks, still nothing. The three of them “Awed” in disappointment. Princess Fluttershy happened to be nearby, overhearing the conversation.

“There, there.” She started, “The three of you will get your cutie marks eventually.”

“Yeah, I guess so.” Said Applebloom with a sad smile, “The Cutie Mark Crusaders is still around after a thousan' years. If only Granny were...” She trailed off with a crushing realization. Something that the three of them we so caught up in that they never give any thought to. The very thought brought tears in her eyes.

“Applebloom?” Scootaloo asked, “You okay?”

“Have none of Y'all realized it?”

“Realized what?”

“Think about it, it's been a thousand years, other than our sisters, everypony that we ever knew is gone. Granny Smith, Big Mac, Ms. Cheerilee, the Cakes, your parents Sweetie Belle, Lickity Spit, even Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon. They're gone, they're all gone!”

From here, she began to cry uncontrollably, and now with the realization hitting them, both Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo had tears in their eyes. And soon, all of them cried rivers of tears as they cried in unison: “WE MISS THEM!!!”

This, of course, caught the attention of everyone within earshot.

“Perhaps we could offer some assistance.” Came a familiar voice. He had a Trottingham accent. The three of them looked to see a brown stallion followed by the mailmare, Ditzy Do.