• Published 3rd Jul 2014
  • 1,760 Views, 14 Comments

The Key - CrackedInkWell



What would happen when the CMC is accedently sent a thousand years into the future? What would they find there?

  • ...
2
 14
 1,760

4: Scootaloo's Reunion

The first thing that Scootaloo noticed as she awoke was the sound of flapping wings and the distant voices of ponies. Then she opened her eyes to the noonday sun that was in between pillars of clouds... Wait! Clouds?

She sat up from a huge cloud bed. She looked around to find herself in a huge gazebo-like cloud where all that she could see at first was the blue sky and a few guards around. All of them bowed to her and flew off.

“Where am I?” she was rather confused as to where she was and why those guards bowed to her. She got up and trotted over to the edge of the cloud.

She was in the center of a cloud city. At first, she had trouble making out where she was. On one hoof, there were a few cloud marks that looked like Cloudsdale like it's grand stadium. But on the other hoof, this place seemed much too big to be Cloudsdale or even Las Pegasus.

“So how was your long nap?” Came a familiar voice behind her. The young Pegasus turned to find her idol. Scootaloo always saw Rainbow Dash as the coolest pony alive. But now she looked at her in awe.

It was unmistakably Rainbow Dash. But to Scootaloo, she was improved beyond what she had ever pictured her. She was now a good deal taller and an alicorn. She wore on her head what looked like a mix of a helmet that the guards would wear and a crown. The helmet itself still showed off her multicolored mane, yet the helmet was covered in opals and had a golden laurel reef. Her enormous open wings were apologetically majestic. Even her light armor seemed to capture the awesomeness of her beloved idol.

Scootaloo couldn't think of anything to say at all. She didn't need to say anything anyway, for her idol spoke up.

“Hey, you alright?”

She can only nod her head. It took a moment to register in Dash's mind, but she caught on why she was staring at her.

“I know, I know, I'm that awesome.”

“I'll say.” She shook her head to clear it. “Where am I?”

“You're in Cloudtropolis.”

“Where?”

“Oh, uh it used to be Cloudsdale, but it was renamed a long time ago.”

“And you're a princess?”

“Yeah pretty much.”

“Now you're way cooler!”

Rainbow chuckled a little bit. Even a thousand years later, she's still her number one fan.

“Let me show you around.” Her horn glowed a rosy color when suddenly a scooter appeared before Scootaloo. What she didn't expect, was that the scooter didn't fall through the clouds, she asked why about that.

“The wheels on the scooter can roll on almost anything. On the ground, on water, even on clouds. Now come on,” her horn lit up once more, now Scootaloo has a helmet on. “Let's have a look around.”

Here they heard Scoot's stomach growl, “And let's get you lunch while we're at it.”

-*-

This was heaven. With this scooter, Scootaloo was in a way flying with Rainbow Dash all over this enormous city. So many tricks. So many jumps. And there was Rainbow right there cheering her on. Not to say that her tricks didn't go unnoticed. It did. In fact, many ponies around her at times took double takes at her, as if they couldn't believe what they were seeing. At first, she thought it was just admiration at her skills.

That was until they took a break at the Sentry fountain. When a green colt with a red neckerchief came up to her.

“That was some really awesome tricks you did back there.”

“Eh, it was nothing really.”

“And by-the-way, you kinda look familiar, what's your name anyway? I'm Buzzing Wing.” He offered up for a hoof shake, in which she accepted.

“Scootaloo. But you can call me Scoot's for short.”

The young colt's eyes went wide open and his jaw hung a little. “S-S-Scootaloo! The Scootaloo! You're really her! O Gosh, I can't believe this even happening to me! Um, would you sign my neckerchief?” He pulled out a pen from under his wings and hand it over to Scootaloo. He turned to the side to where Scoot's can see that there is a seal on the back of his red neckerchief. It was the crest of the Cutie Mark Crusaders. She signed her name (as best as she could) onto the piece of fabric. After she gave the pen back, she heard him say as he disappeared into the crowd.

“My troop is not gonna believe this!”

Scootaloo blinked. She turned to Rainbow Dash with a smirk on her face. “What just happened?” she asked.

“You're famous here.”

“I am? For what?”

“Did you noticed what he was wearing ?”

“It was the crest of the Cutie Mark Crusaders. I didn't know it would even be still around.”

“Oh-ho yeah. They're around.”

“But after a thousand years? How?”

“Do you remember Applebloom's cousin? Ah, whats-her-name? The one from Manehatten?”

“Babs?”

“Yeah, that's it! After the three of you disappeared from thin air, she kick-started your club that spread to foals who haven't got their cutie marks all over Manehatten. And from there, it just grew and grew over the years. It got so big, that even Celestia and Luna asked the whole country to let any foals join in if they wanted to.”

“And it's still going after a thousand years?”

“Scoots, as long there is a foal out there who haven't gotten their cutie mark, there always will be a Cutie Mark Crusader. Besides, you, Applebloom and Sweetie Belle are in some history books for being the founders of your club. So of course, everypony you see owe you guys a lot. If it weren't for the three of you, there would still be many out there who would never find out their place in the world.”

To say that Scootaloo's mind was blown to kingdom-come is an understatement. She stared into space with an open jaw that seemed like hours.

“Um. Scoot's you okay?”

She turned to Rainbow Dash with a smile that spread from ear to ear, trying her best to keep back her tears of joy and said: “This has to be, the best day of my life. Can this day get any better?”

“Oh yeah! I almost forgot! We need to go to Ponyville now.”

“Why?”

“Pinkie is throwing you guys a welcome back party. Come on, hop on my back.”

Dash lowered herself so that Scootaloo could get on. With a flash of her magic, she made the helmet and the scooter disappear. “You'll get it back later.” She told her. And with that, they were off to the party.