• Published 20th Nov 2014
  • 747 Views, 5 Comments

My Little Pony: The Claymore Legacy - MidnightRain



An accident pulls 16 year old Joshua Grimm into Equestria, and turns him into his Claymore OC, Tamora. Now, he fights the one creature he never thought he'd fight, even in the game: The Yoma.

  • ...
22
 5
 747

Report #6: Into The Fire, Part 2

Almost instantly, I was bowled over, and I swung my arm out. Instead of my attacker flying away, they held fast, and when I finally got a good look, I snorted in annoyance. "For a dog, you have quite the jump...especially for a dog your size."

I shoved the mutt away, hearing galloping hooves heading my way. I wasn't sure who it was, so I rested my right hand at my side, ready to draw the crossbow. As the sound grew closer and louder, my muscles tensed, and my arm ripped through the air, pointing straight out, while my left arm stabilized my aim. Then, I saw the source of the sound, and hastily hid my arm behind my back, trying to keep it from being obvious that I had just pointed a weapon at her.

"Winona! What'd Ah say about runnin' off like that?" Applejack slowed to a halt in front of me and Winona. "Sorry, sugar cube. She loves runnin'." Applejack looked at me quizzically, noticing I had my arm behind my back. "You hidin' something?"

I looked down, and exhaled; I hadn't realized I was holding my breath. "I thought you might've been something else."

Applejack narrowed her eyes, and snorted. "Ya think Ah'd turn into one o' them monsters?" She looked somewhat hurt, and I couldn't blame her; I would probably feel hurt to, if I were accused of being a monster. Of course, I was, in a way, a monster.

"Sorry, Applejack. Something just doesn't seem right. With how many Yoma were in that town, I've been wondering why there haven't been more reports of attacks or ponies vanishing."

"So you think something is up?" A voice sounded above me, the arrogant tone all-too familiar. I realized the pulsing beats I was hearing was actually wingbeats, and I looked up.

"Right. But next time, don't try to sneak up on me. You might regret it."

I started to walk away from the two ponies, when Applejack asked worriedly, "What're you gonna do, sugar cube?"

I didn't answer, or look back. They didn't need to know that I was going to get some answers, from the best source I can think of: The Princesses.


The twelve hour walk had minor disturbances, mostly being wildlife that was a little too curious, but other then that, I had little trouble walking to Canterlot. I had plenty of time to think, but all I could think of was what the Princesses could be hiding. My entrance to the castle, however, was less than pretty.

When I could see the city, I started dashing, and covered the last few kilometers with little trouble, but I couldn't slow down fast enough. I jumped, and stumbled, flipping head over heels, and pummeled the wall of the throne room with my ass. Well, this is a hell of a way to make an entrance, I thought. When I was no longer in the air, I was laying on the ground, and I couldn't help but make a reference to a song I like. "I'll be laying on the ground before you're even in my view..."

Both- No, all three Princesses- Three? "What? Did I miss the invitation to this meeting?" I said, a cocky attitude evident in my voice. "Or did you not send an invite?"

Princess Luna seemed the most disturbed, followed closely by her sister. "We have been...discussing your situation, Tamora." She looked helplessly at Princess Celestia, and the elder Princess spoke.

"We have reason to believe you may pose a threat to our nation's peace, and we cannot allow destruction to reign. Which means, we will do whatever is deemed necessary to protect Equestria."

Princess Cadence and Princess Luna both nodded in agreement, but Luna hesitated to voice her agreement, instead saying something that made Celestia whip her head so fast, I thought it was going to fly off the white Princess's neck.. "I...I am only in partial agreement."

"Sister! She is a militaristic threat!" Celestia's gaze was so filled with false conviction, I thought she didn't whole heartedly believe it either.

Why are they lying? Something is definitely not right...Perhaps Cadence. I feel like there's something I'm missing, but one thing is for certain: I can't keep faking that I don't know who everyone is. Twilight isn't a princess yet, and I don't think Discord has returned, so...Is Cadenza Mi Amoré really this heartless when it comes to military situations? I began to fume, and pointed a finger accusingly at the pink pony princess. "You!" She jumped, and I pressed on, stepping forward three times. "Yes, you, Cadenza!" I could feel my teeth sharpening, my muscles growing, my senses enhancing. I could feel my Youki pulsing, and I was frozen instantly by a new realization. My Youki is forcing me to Awaken beyond my control! I thought, terrified, but my lips kept moving against my will. I had lost control of myself now. "You have twisted the truth, haven't you? You must have thought it would be simple to get rid of me, but I won't be going anywhere easily."

Cadence shouted, and I took advantage; my heightened senses caused whatever was controlling my Youki, and in turn, me. "Enough! You are jumping to conclusions!" Her voice was shrill with fear, and shit went downhill fast.

I stole control back, and as my Youki flared up even more, I screamed. "Run!"

A tail sprouted from my tailbone, long and spiked. At the same time, my fingers extended and were honed to points. I felt my teeth become like giant reptile feet, and after that, I lost consciousness, my mind consumed by the fiery anger that was swelling up inside me.


When I awoke again, I was in shackles, and a breeze was very obvious in places a breeze shouldn't blow. "Hey!" I tried to shout, but the shout came out as a weak cry. I coughed, and tried again. "Hey!"

A minute passed. Then another. No answer. I was alone. Completely alone.

A rock fell, and I jumped at the echoing sound, ringing, ringing against the stone walls. Hoofsteps echoed, and I looked up. A Guard. His expression was blank, like a chalk board wiped clean. "Shut up, prisoner. You know what you've been charged with." He levitated something that was out of sight, and when I saw it, my mouth went dry, and my skin paled. "Scared? Well, you'll be feeling nothing soon enough." He jabbed me with the object; a spear, and the wind was knocked out of me, my shackles coming undone.

I fell to the floor, wheezing, the dust that had settled stirring for the first time in an unknown timeframe. "Where...where are you taking me?" I wheezed, my fingers passing over something. Metallic, short, sharp. A shiv. I had a weapon again.

"Where? To your execution, of course." said the Guard. He poked at me with the spear again, and I curled my fingers around the shiv, hiding it flat against my palm.

Standing up defiantly, I tilted my head back and forth, my neck cracking and popping loudly, the Guard shivered instinctively at the sound.

I lunged. Blood spattered, and the Guard was dead, the shiv in the artery in his neck. "Hesitating will only kill you." My voice was cold, hoarse, unfeeling, and alien. What had I done, to be ordered dead?

I picked up the spear, spinning it slowly. I planted the tip in the ground, and looked up. "May the Dark Lord guide my hate, so I may destroy they who betray!"

I had no idea why I had said it. But I could feel, deep down inside, that I was furious, furious at the Princesses. I didn't know why, or what for, but I had to release my anger. My anger was a bomb, ready to explode, and my Youki, the blast contained within.

In an instant, the cell that I had been sealed within was turned to rubble, my Youki erupting outwardly, letting the light of the sun shine through. For a moment, I felt a pang of sorrow, but just as quickly as it had come, it was gone, replaced by my all-consuming need for vengeance. "I will-" I cut off, doubling over. These thoughts were not my own, how had I accepted them so quickly? Where had the thoughts come from?

My hands started shaking, as I remained hunched over. I saw the shiv, and grimaced, one clear thought running through my head. Quaking, I thought I must've dropped it when the wall was decimated. I lunged for the shiv, but my right hand suddenly exploded with power, my Youki channeling through and forcing my arm to Awaken. The entirety of my right arm became barbed, and I struggled with using my left hand to reach the shiv.

My right arm swung down upon my left arm, ripping the flesh to pieces. I screamed, and barely wrapped my fingers around the shiv. In one, desperate motion, I drove the shiv into my chest, and the pain was even greater than when my arm was impaled.

My scream was so high, I was certain I heard glass shatter. My own heart was now betraying me, but I knew I couldn't let my existence threaten Equestria. The ponies didn't need me the way I needed them, but they couldn't protect themselves from me, if I was being controlled.

One solid truth was in my head, and as much as it pained me, I knew what had to happen, and I had acted without any second thoughts.

I had to die. In the hopes Equestria would reset, I had to give my life, and as I felt my blood quickly drain from the large gash in my chest, as my vision started to fade, I uttered my last words. "Gods forgive me, for I have wrought destruction upon those who are undeserving. Claim my soul, as I am deserving of Death's touch. Forgive those I have harmed, and cleanse the blood of the innocent..."

With those words, I drew my final breath, and let go of life.


Elsewhere, in Equestria...

Author's Note:

The writing style for this chapter was partially inspired by reading Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451. The repetition drove me mad at first, but I wanted to try the style out myself, after I finally realized it was all in my head, the madness was.