• Published 2nd Jul 2014
  • 1,263 Views, 13 Comments

My Little Pony: Cross-Time Crisis - rcmero



A new villain with the power to control time and space scatters the Mane 6 throughout space-time, sending each of them into six separate universes.

  • ...
3
 13
 1,263

Episode 1: The Rise of Anarchy (revised)

Author's Note:

NOTICE (a lot of people are finding this story from the previous one, therefore from Google): It bears repeating that this is not fully my own work. Go back to the story page and click the tiny link on the cover art to find the original story, which this is based on. If you are upset this story hasn't been updated in months (I'm a terrible procastinator, I know), then I'm happy to inform you this story is fully complete and can be read at the previously mentioned location.

Canterlot. Morning. Celestia is looking down towards her kingdom. Everything is calm and peaceful.

But all good things have to come to an end.

All of a sudden a time-space hole appears inside the castle, from it comes out Starswirl the Bearded. “Hello, Celestia,” he greets.

“Starswirl the Bearded. What a surprise to see you.”

Starswirl raises a hoof. “Please Celestia, I did not come for a courtesy visit. I have come to give you a warning. An old foe of yours will soon be returning. A foe you thought you would never see again. A foe who almost ruined your life when you were still very young.”

“No… you don't mean… him?

“Yes, my princess. Him.



We cut to outer space, on a huge asteroid, with a rocky structure that looks like a castle. Since this castle has been uninhabited for over 1200 years, the castle became covered in so much dust and dirt, that it pretty much became fossilized.

Inside the castle a wormhole opens up, and out from it comes out the Count.

"Hmm... I see a lot has happened since I left... time for some renovations.”

Then he makes his horn glow, and we can see his face in the light, as he then gives an evil snicker.


We cut to Ponyville. One moment everything seems alright, when all of a sudden, many bizarre things start happening: random things warping from one place to another, freezing in time, slowing down, speeding up, running backwards, reverting back to how they were at one point in time, worm-holes opening up bring things from different places far away or from earlier periods of time, etc. The Mane 6 try to resolve these problems but with very little success.

Suddenly, when all hope seems lost, Spike burps out a message from Celestia, demanding that our heroes go recover the Elements of Harmony from the Tree of Harmony then meet her back in Canterlot immediately. They hesitate for a short while, but then run straight for the Everfree Forest to gather the elements.



Having gathered the Elements of Harmony and placed them in their respective places, which Twilight was wise enough to save, the Mane 6 arrive in Canterlot Castle, where Princess Celestia is waiting for them.

Twilight wastes no time and immediately asks the Princess what the problem is.

Princess Celestia quickly responds. “You see, a few hours ago I was visited by Starswirl the Bearded, who informed me that an old foe of mine has returned. Somepony I thought I had seen the last of over 1200 years ago. Somepony even Discord feared and respected.

“His name is Count Anarchy, a 2000 year old royal alicorn with the power to control time and space.”

“Is this Anarchy guy the one responsible for the crazy stuff in Ponyville?” asks Rainbow Dash.

“He is just trying to get my attention,” Celestia responds.

Suddenly a new voice is heard. “Did it vork?” A new pony is seen in the center of the group.

Celestia immediately recognizes him. “Anarchy!”

Rainbow Dash wastes no time and immediately jumps to attack the Count. However, she passes right through him like he was an hologram.

Rainbow Dash looks back towards the Count. “What… just happened?” she asks, confused.

Twilight proceeds to examine the Count. When she tries to feel him she then realizes what he is and says "A holo-magic projection?"

Anarchy responds. "Indeed. Vhy should I risk my neck coming to you, vhen my poverful magic allows me to project an image of myself to deliver a message to you?" Anarchy approaches Celestia and says "Ah... Princess Celestia. As radiant as I remember you.” Small snicker. “But I suppose you have those age spells I taught you to thank for that."

"Age spells... what?" asks Twilight.

Anarchy turns to Twilight and responds. "But of course. You didn't think that I could remain this handsome for 2000 years all on my own, did you? I learned that by continuously casting Age Spells on vunself vun can allow them to remain young and vital forever." Anarchy turns back to Celestia and says "And it vas I who taught Celestia that trick so she vould never lose any of her beauty to time."

Princess Luna interrupts. "You keep your filthy hooves away from my sister, you demented jerk!"

"Ah yes, Princess Luna. The meddlesome little sister. As concerned for your big sister as ever. But it vasn't always that vay, for you vunce betrayed your sister, becoming the villainous Nightmare Moon and attempting to dethrone her."

"That was a long time ago.” Luna raises her right front leg to point at Anarchy and says “I am no longer Nightma-" Anarchy suddenly interrupts her by using his powers to revert Luna's leg to that of Nightmare Moon's. “-a-a-a-A-A-AAH!" Luna suddenly falls back in horror in what she saw.

Reverting Luna’s leg back to normal, to Luna’s relief, Anarchy continues. "Vith the proper manipulation of time, I can revert anything back to how it vunce vas at vun point in time, even revert you back into Nightmare Moon. So I'd vatch vhat I say around me if I vere you."

"Enough Anarchy, what do you want?" asks Princess Celestia.

With a snicker, Anarchy replies. “Vhy to rekindle an old flame ve used to share, my sveet Tia.”

"Forget it Annie, what happened between us burned out long ago."

"Oh so serious and strict, you vere much more fun back when ve used to date.”

“Date?” asks Rarity. “You used to date him?”

“Yes… he’s my ex-coltfriend,” Celestia agrees.

Ex-coltfriend?!” the girls shout at the same time.

"Yes, ve vere qvite the couple, until the day she broke up vith me. Then her and her sister exiled me into a void in time and space for 1200 years, vhere I had nothing to do but practice my povers.

“And as you can plainly see, I have become much more poverful than I vas since then. Vith just a mere thought I can cause unspeakable mayhem and havoc.

“But I am still a reasonable Count who doesn't hold too much of a grudge. So tell you vhat, I shall spare Eqvestria of all of this craziness, if you, Tia, vill agree to marry me."

Marry you?!” everypony shouts.

"SHE DOES NOT ACCEPT!” Luna shouts to Anarchy. “DO YOU HEAR ME?, Tia Does Not Acce-" Just for fun Anarchy reverts Luna's head back to the head of Nightmare Moon as she continues. "Acce-The Night Shall Rule For All Eterna-" then he reverts her head back to normal, and Luna feels her head to make sure it's normal again while saying "Eterna-ah-ah-ah! Stop doing that!"

"At any rate,” Celestia speaks up, “Luna is right. I would never marry someone like you."

"I understand. Marriage is a very difficult decision to make. So tell you vhat, I shall give you more time to think it over. But know that the longer you delay…” Small snicker. “Vell... there's no telling vhat could happen to your precious Eqvestria."

All of a sudden the Anarchy holo-figure disappears.

Rainbow Dash asks Celestia: "So let me get this straight. The guy causing all of this trouble is your ex-coltfriend?"

"How could you ever date someone like him?" asks Rarity.

"I was going through a phase, back when I was still young and foolish. But I quickly got over it when I realized what Annie was really like." Celestia then creates a magic display screen, which quickly starts displaying Anarchy’s backstory.


I guess I should start from the beginning. Count Anarchy's birth name is Count Anakin, but he was nicknamed Annie by his parents and those close to him. He was born over two thousand years ago in a royal empire that existed during the rule of Discord.

Anakin was always a rebellious young colt who didn't like being told what to do, but he was always obligated to do so because of his royal status and duties.

Like other royal alicorns, Anakin had powerful magic. But he was unique from other alicorns, for he had the power to willingly control both space and time, a power that most ponies only dared to dream of. When Anakin realized this unique power he had, his cutie mark appeared. It was a picture of a circle with a letter A in the center. Many of his servants believed that it was an omen that he was destined for greatness. But nopony told him that it would be great good or not.

One day, when Anakin was a teenager, Discord decided to spread his chaos on to Anakin's parent's empire. Now, of course, Anakin was afraid and hid himself in fear when Discord came, but when Anakin realized what his powers could really do, he summoned the courage to fight back.

He flew around the castle using his time magic to revert everything back to what it was before Discord changed it, and his space magic to warp things back to normal as well as use wormholes to help him get around faster.

When Discord realized what Anakin was doing, he decided to take more drastic measures. He then revealed that he had Anakin's parents on the roof, in a rope net, hanging over a giant pot of boiling oil. When Anakin learned of this it really ticked him off.

He came to the roof to confront Discord, with Discord on one side of the roof and Anakin on the other side. Anakin then made his horn start glowing and slowly began walking towards Discord.

Suddenly Discord grabbed the rope holding Anakin's parents and said: "Not so fast, young Anakin! Come any closer and Mumsy and Popsy take a very unpleasant bath!"

But Anakin didn't stop. Instead, he kept his horn glowing and kept walking slowly towards Discord while saying "Go ahead, and vhile your distracted by that, I'll blast that stupid grin off your face!"

Anakin's parents were shocked by what he just said, but not half as shocked as Discord, who replied: "What are you saying? You're supposed to surrender! You know, lay yourself down to save your parents, that's what the good guys do!"

"It is unvise to stereotype, Discord,” Anakin replied. “It's not good for your health. Mother, Father, I love you and it's nothing personal, but right now all I vant is to make Discord here pay for vhat he's done!"

Discord then got upset and said "What is wrong with you? For crying out loud, you're a royal alicorn! Don't you have any rules you're supposed to follow for a situation like this? SERIOUSLY?!"

Anakin then replied "You fool! I do not follow the rules, I make the rules! And rule number vun is do not tick me off!"

Discord then got so upset that he spat out "Fine then, have it your way!" while firing a huge magic blast towards Anakin.

Suddenly Anakin cast his spell and stopped time for everyone but himself. Then, while everyone was frozen in time, he wormhole warped his parents to safety and opened a wormhole in front of Discord and another behind him.

Unfreezing time, Discord's blast went through the wormhole in front of him, then came out through the wormhole behind him, causing Discord to get hit by his own magic blast.

Discord was then flung towards Anakin. Anakin then took his hoof and punched Discord right in the face with such great force that Discord is hurled backwards. Anakin then warped to where Discord was headed. He then gave Discord a powerful uppercut, causing Discord to be sent into the sky.

Anakin then warped to where Discord would be. After that, he took both his front hooves together and did a hammer move on Discord so hard that Discord was shot back to the ground at great speed, heading towards a wide open plain.

Discord hit the ground so hard that it formed a huge crater. As Discord tried to regain consciousness, Anakin warped right on top of him, pinning both of Discord's arms to the ground with his front legs. Anakin then made an angry face and had his horn glow brightly as though he was getting ready to finish Discord off.

“Have mercy, Count Anakin! I will do anything if you let me live!”

Anakin made his horn stop glowing. He then made an evil looking smile and started snickering. "The mighty and poverful Discord... grovelling at my hooves...” Quick snickering. “To be honest, Discy, I don't care vhat happens to the rest of the vorld. As long as vhatever's mine is unharmed.

“So I'll tell you vhat, I'll let you live and let you continue your chaotic vays, so long as you leave me, my property and those who are close to me alone.

“In other vords, do vhatever you vant, just leave me out of it. Or else!” Anakin then shot a magic beam right beside Discord's head, missing his head purposely as a warning. “Do I make myself clear?"

"Y-yes sir! And thank you ever so much for sparing me, Count Anakin!"

"Oh, and another thing: do not call me Anakin anymore. From now on, I vish to be addressed as Count Anarchy." And from that day forward, the royal alicorn named Count Anakin became known far and wide as Count Anarchy.

As time moved on, Count Anarchy's power grew and evolved beyond one's wildest imagination. His power over time and space became legendary throughout the world. He actually invented some of the greatest magic spells in history. Why, even a younger Starswirl the Bearded came to learn of Anarchy's time-space manipulation magic.

Through proper manipulation of time, he was even capable of controlling the aging process. He could make things older or younger with just a mere cast of a spell. He had created the age spell.

After inventing the age spell, he kept using it on himself so he could remain young and vital, while his parents grew old and feeble, and later died of old age. Anarchy then took complete control of both their castle and empire, and kept ruling over it for centuries.

Due to his unique power, Anarchy believed he didn't have to follow anypony else's rules but his own. But because he let Discord go free to keep causing chaos, many beings from all over the lands kept coming to his empire, because Count Anarchy is the only one Discord respects enough to leave alone.

This made Anarchy so frustrated with having so many beings coming to him just to get away from Discord that Anarchy went so far as to use his space-control powers to warp his entire empire into outer space, and place it on a nearby asteroid large enough to support it's own atmosphere.

He only brought along those who would be the most loyal to him. That way, Anarchy could have his whole empire in an extremely secluded place.

The only way to return to Earth was with Anarchy's wormhole spells or a powerful teleportation spell. That way, Anarchy could go around the world and remain in his home, without having to worry about the needs of others, especially with Discord still causing chaos for everyone except for Count Anarchy and those closest to him.

When Anarchy was around eight hundred years old, which would have been over twelve thousand years ago, he came into my life.

During this time, I was in my late teens, while my sister was still in her early teens. At the time, I was going through a rebellious phase where I was interested in the bad-colts, and there was no badder colt then Count Anarchy.

Yes, I actually fell in love with this guy not knowing what he was really like. In addition, Anarchy felt a mutual attraction towards me.

This made Luna very concerned about her big sister, and she thought that I was making a big mistake. But I thought that Luna was just being overprotective and should not worry.

Soon we were dating. We even went so far as to call each other by Tia and Annie.

Because I became Anarchy's marefriend, Anarchy told Discord to leave me and her kingdom, friends and family out of his chaotic business. Naturally Discord did exactly what Anarchy said and left me alone for having Anarchy as her coltfriend.

As we dated, we traveled far and wide. Anarchy soon took me to his castle on the asteroid in space. I liked how Anarchy only did whatever he wanted without worrying what anypony else thought about it.

Later Anarchy taught me how to do the age spell so I could keep that beautiful face of mine no matter how old I got.

Luna was very worried about me and didn't trust Anarchy at all. She even went so far as to go visit Discord to learn why he respects Count Anarchy. Of course, Discord couldn't harm her due to the fact that she's my little sister, so he decided to spill the beans about what happened between him and Anarchy that made Discord fear and respect him.

Later, Luna interrupted our date to conjure a magic screen, and show us what Discord had revealed to her.

When I learned what Anarchy did to have Discord respect him so much, I was appalled by how far he went just to get what he wanted. We then had a long, rough argument and I told him that he's not just bad, he's psychotic, and that I had no idea what I ever saw in the likes of him.

When I decided I was going to break up with him, Anarchy told me I was being foolish, that it's only because of him that Discord left me out of his chaotic ways, and that without him in my life there would be nothing to prevent Discord from tormenting me and everypony close to me. I then claimed that the only thing that was foolish of me was bringing Anarchy into my life.

I then decided to leave and take Luna with me back home. But Anarchy decided that if I was not with him, then I was against him.

Suddenly he attacked me. I tried to fight back, but Anarchy's power surpassed my own and he injured me. Luna stepped in and said "You leave my big sister alone, you creep!"

Luna tried to fight back, but Anarchy overpowered her as well.

I then told Luna "It's no use! He's too powerful for either of us to take alone... but maybe... if we work together... as true sisters... we may stand a chance."

Luna agreed and we combined our magic beams together, while Anarchy fired a magic beam of his own. When the conflicting beams hit, they appear to be evenly matched.

As they kept firing, Luna said "He's too strong!"

But I said "Don't give up, we can beat him…” I then held Luna's hoof and said “Together!"

The love we had for each other allowed us both to pour on the power to our magic beams, pushing Anarchy's beam back. Anarchy struggled to keep his beam up, but ultimately his beam is overwhelmed by ours, and our beam hit Anarchy right in the horn.

This caused his own powers to be turned against him, forming a wormhole right behind him and sucking Count Anarchy into a void in time and space, banishing him from his home dimension.

We then gathered everypony from Anarchy's castle and teleported them all back to Earth.

After that whole ordeal we have never been a closer set pair of sisters. Unfortunately, with Count Anarchy gone, there was nothing to hold Discord back, and he really got jiggy with the chaos.

Eventually, we discovered the Elements of Harmony, and used them to turn Discord to stone. Long afterwards, Luna's jealousy over me overwhelmed her, causing her to become the host of the Nightmare Force, turning her into Nightmare Moon. I then used the Elements of Harmony to seal my sister in the moon, single-hoofedly ruling over Equestria afterwards for over 1000 years, using the age spells to keep myself young and vital.

Both of us had thought we had seen the last of Count Anarchy, but we were wrong… so very wrong.


“As I said, Count Anarchy’s castle is located on an asteroid not far from Earth,” Celestia finishes. “The only way to reach it is either through his wormholes or a powerful teleportation spell.”

Suddenly a guard bursts in telling Celestia that Ponyville is currently under attack from a large pack of timberwolves.

“Both myself and Luna shall remain here to try and keep things under control. You go to stop Anarchy with the Elements of Harmony.”

Just then Starswirl the Bearded appears to give the ponies a friendly warning. "Count Anarchy is crazy enough to try anything, and he has more than enough power to back it up. So do not underestimate him for even a split second, or it may be the last one you'll ever have." Starswirl then disappears into a different point of the multiverse.

The mane 6 put on their elements and the Princess sisters work together to teleport the ponies to Anarchy’s castle.


We cut to the outside of Anarchy’s castle. Twilight realizes that Spike had secretly tucked away into the group. “Spike, what are you doing here? This is dangerous!”

“Hey, if we’re gonna face this guy, then I wanna be with my girls!” Spike responds.

“Fair enough. Hop on, Spike.” Spike then climbs onto Twilight’s back.

Suddenly Anarchy’s voice is heard from inside the castle. "Ah, Tia's little pets, I've been expecting you girls.” The doors open as the voice says “Come in."

“This is obviously a trap,” Rainbow Dash speaks up. She then notices the others going in. “Don’t say I didn’t warn you!” she says as she gets in as well.


With Count Anarchy's powers he's manipulating everything inside the castle turning it into a veritable maze, he can make the rooms move around, make different doors lead to the exact same room the ponies are already in, make rooms side-ways or upside-down, and so on.

But however, the others easily manage the maze easily. Sure, it was tougher than Discord’s manipulation of the hedge maze, but it was easy.



The girls finally make it towards the Count’s throne room. He is actually impressed that they made it this far.

Our heroes then attempt to use their Elements on Anarchy, but before they get the chance, he warps the Elements right off the ponies and right into his possession. Levitating the Elements, he speaks up. "Ah the Elements of Harmony, qvite a unique set of artifacts if I do say so myself."

"Hey that's not fair!" Pinkie interjects.

"Not fair?” Snicker. “Ve obviously have never been introduced. I am Count Anarchy. I do not follow the rules, I make the rules!"

"Come on girls,” Rainbow Dash speaks up. “We don't need the Elements to take him down! We can beat him as long as we stick together! Are you with me?"

“Right!” the others agree as they all jump on him. But Anarchy warps out of the way before they even have the chance, then he warps right behind them and says "Insolent Vhelps!” His eyes are glowing yellow and he starts floating as he says “You still do not realize just vhat it is you are dealing vith!"

Suddenly the walls and ceiling of the throne room start breaking apart into pieces, and start floating around them all as Count Anarchy shows our heroes just what he is truly capable of. While still floating in the air, Anarchy makes six small black disc-like objects orbit around him as he says "I can take every single vun of you and scatter you all throughout cross-time, banishing each of you into separate universes!"

The black discs then fly right behind our heroes and expand into six black holes leading into six different dimensions. Once the discs expand, they create huge vacuum-like suction effects.

Our heroes all dig in their hooves, struggling to keep themselves from getting sucked into the black holes. Spike loses his footing and is caught in the suction, but he grabs onto Rarity's tail holding on as though his very life depended on it.

Anarchy places his hooves back on the ground and says "I hope you've all enjoyed living in this vorld...” He raises his front hooves and makes them glow while saying) “...because it is the last time any of you vill ever see it…” He stomps his glowing hooves on the ground while saying “...AGAIN!"

Once he stomped on the ground, it created a huge energy shock-wave with an energy field. When the shock-wave hit the ponies, they were all knocked right off their hooves, causing them all to get caught in the suction.

We then see each member of the Mane 6 getting sucked into a different black hole, meaning each one of them is being sent into a different parallel world, and since Spike was hanging on to Rarity's tail, whatever world she's heading to, he's going along with her. Finally we see Twilight being sucked into her black hole, getting sent through a swirling dimensional vortex.

When the holes seal shut, Anarchy places the room back to normal as if nothing had happened, then he falls to his knees in exhaustion. Despite how powerful he is, he still has his limits to how much he can do at a time, and opening six black holes that lead into six separate dimensions all at once really pushed himself to the brink.

"Hoo boy,” he says, “that took a lot more out of me then I expected... Vell it doesn't matter, vith the veilders of the Elements gone I von't have to do that again anytime soon."

The screen then splits six ways as we see all of our heroes spiraling around while trapped in black swirling dimensional vortexes, then Twilight is heard saying "Girls, I don't know if you can hear me or not, but don't panic! We'll find a way out of this, for we still have the magic of friendship on our side!"