• Published 29th Jun 2014
  • 675 Views, 0 Comments

Astral Audacious; An Alicorn's Account - The Grey Pegasus



A Most Dangerous Game Contest 2014 fic. - The story of a winged unicorn, or alicorn, depending on the perspective.

  • ...
 0
 675

A Quick Foreword

A Quick Foreword

This is the quick story of how unlucky I was regarding this fic and why it's barely late.

So I figured out what to do for the fic a week before submissions. Which was great and all, except for the fact that during that entire week, I would be occupied at a summer program.

While I was there, there was no computer and no access to internet. We were on a tight schedule that gave us no free time and even over meals, the atmosphere was just terrible to try and write in (it was a leadership/political camp). Sleep was around 12 AM and wake-up was around 6 AM.

I would get home Friday afternoon. I thought that would be just enough time to actually write out the story, which I was able to outline. I even asked for a 6 hour extension.

What I didn't expect was the toll 6 hours of sleep a night on a not-super-comfortable mattress and 18 hour days would have on me. Instead of being able to take advantage of the extension, I just crashed.

And so, I wasn't able to finish the story on time. Nonetheless, the story is written to fit contest rules.

-The Grey Pegasus