• Published 26th Jun 2014
  • 1,834 Views, 72 Comments

A Long Life - pertelote345



Applejack is 200 years old, making her middle aged for the long lived earth ponies. Since her friend Twilight mysteriously vanished 160 years ago she's done her best to build a new life. Now Twilight is back, and she has no clue what to do.

  • ...
16
 72
 1,834

The Surgeon

Slice

The cage didn't keep out the voices.

The guards had locked my hooves together and put an inhibitor on my horn. Then they'd sealed me in the back of an armored car covered in anti-magic runes... It wasn't enough.

Why won't she love me?

What if he finds out about the drugs? Why can't I just stop...

Please, please don't come home. I still can't feel it...

There were millions of others.

The strange purple princess that attacked me... She was in a lot of pain.

She was powerful. Very powerful. She had stopped me before I could end Apple Jack's suffering. Didn't she see what I was trying to do?

I sighed. It was understandable. So few understood. They just heard their own problems. I heard everything.

It was alright though. I'd done what I truly meant to do. That poor old woman would be at peace soon.

All I had to do was wait for them to cart me off to Tartarus.

There I would find what I needed.

There I could stop the voices.

And all the world's suffering would end.