• Published 24th Jun 2014
  • 560 Views, 3 Comments

Perspective Changes Everything - Luyten



The changeling swarm is back for another invasion! But one of the royalty, Aeris, has different ideas, some that involve peace. Join him on his quest to put out the fires between Equestria and the Changeling Swarm

  • ...
0
 3
 560

Chapter Three: Almost Finale

"Windchaser! Alert the Princesses! And you," the guard said, pointing at me,"Come with me." I walked behind the guard who addressed me until we reached where the day court was held.

"Lieutenant Blizzard, what can I do for you?" said the Princess, with a voice that could melt ice.

"Your Majesty, there is a cloud of changelings headed towards Canterlot as we speak!" Blizzard exclaimed, gesturing with a hoof what direction they were in.

"Thank you, Lieutenant. Alert the my guards, along with the Night Guard, but do not reveal yourselves. We need the upper hand whoever possible." The lieutenant saluted and left me In a room, alone, with one of the most powerful ponies in all of Equestria.

"So tell me, how did you find out about this invasion?" asked the Princess. I explained everything. From the very beginning, to about a few minutes ago. By the time I finished, there was a low droning noise in the background.

"Excuse me, Aeris, I have some things I need to attend to. The rest of you, go home and lock your doors and windows." The Princess then walked out of the room, leaving me alone.

I remembered a promise I made and galloped after the Princess, in my normal form to conserve energy, should the need arise that I have to fight.

"Wait! Princess, there's a way to solve this without killing!" I called after the solar diarch.

She turned to face me,"If that was an option, I wouldn't be ordering my guards into action. So tell me, how would you solve this with diplomacy?"

"I-I don't know, but I'm sure it's possible." The droning was now almost on top of us. I looked up at the Princess.

"Is there anything I can do? To help?" I asked.

"You seem like a resourceful changeling, I'm sure you can find something!" Celestia called over her shoulder. I could hear Chrysalis laughing in my head. No...not in my head, outside, above the courtyard! I could see from the nearby window that those two idiot siblings of mine, Pulse and Vita were at her side, looking smug. A few thousand changelings hovered behind them, and below them, were ponies, who I assumed were driven out of their homes.

When the two rulers of Equestria appeared in front of Chrysalis, she took a few fillies and held them close to her body, as a living shield, knowing Celestia wouldn't dare harm her subjects.

And what was I doing? Being a genius, according to my standards, but most likely, I'd be considered insane for jumping between a Queen and two Princesses.

I regret nothing. Except for that one time I didn't punch Pulse in the face.

"...will corral all your precious little ponies into this courtyard, and hand over your crowns." I was hearing the end of Chrysalis's demands.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you, Chrysalis." Those nine words shocked her to silence, a feat in itself, Chrysalis was a chatterbox.

"You- you're supposed to be dead!" She finally exclaimed.

"Ah! So you knew! You wanted me dead. Why?" Her surprise faded and she resumed her 'you're all worthless maggots' attitude. Pulse and Vita were then ordered to kill me. Seeing two changelings fight is a very vicious ordeal, it usually causes most onlookers to leave within a few minutes. It didn't end well.

Despite my armor, I was bleeding in over a dozen places, and half of one of my fangs was broken off, the other was missing the tip. And don't get me started on the other two, they had Chrysalis's magic to heal them.

Cheaters.

While the three of us were fighting, an all-out war was in session when we finished.

There goes any chance of diplomacy.

Smoke was filling the sky, or were those changelings? I couldn't tell. My two evil twins approached me with wicked grins on their faces. I noticed Vita was wielding my scimitar. Then, a shadow hovered above me, I looked around and saw more shadows floating above me. It took me a second to figure out who they were: my battalion!

I could see the different emotions on my siblings' faces as one of the drones helped me to my hooves: astonishment, anger, confusion. I leaned against one, swaying from blood loss.

"I'd l-like my s-sword back, please. And stop standing there, you like an idiot!" Both of them were staring behind me. Guess who it was? Chrysalis! She looked down at me impassively.

"Why?" I asked flatly,"we both know you're not fighting for our rights. And why do you not care about Cas and I? We're your children just as much those two!" She tapped her chin as if actually thinking of some long, drawn out reason.

"You two are weak. They're stronger." She said,"and as for why I'm fighting? I have my reasons." With that said, she flew off to who knows where. I turned to Pulse and Vita,"Well? Aren't you going to kill me?" They shook their heads.

"You'll be dead within the hour anyways, we'll let you suffer." Vita said, tossing my bronze blade at my hooves. The pair flew off to find their mother, or torment ponies.

My battalion consisted of twenty changelings, who were fiercely loyal to me.

"C'mon," I said,"Let's stop a war." With one drone on either side of me, I found I could trot just fine, except for the jarring pain every time I put pressure on my hind legs. We eventually found our way over to the Queen, who was now giving her monologue about the new changeling-ruled Equestria. Nopony seemed to notice me even the Princesses (who were stuck in a cocoon), except for one changeling who nodded at me.

I was tired, at the end of my patience, and embarrassed at Chrysalis for acting like she was.

Lots of different things happened at one time. I started to scream at Chrysalis. My battalion started to wage a war against Chrysalis's army. The Princesses were freed of their prisons.

I don't remember exactly what I said then, but it had a pretty major effect on her, and Pulse and Vita. They were furious at me, which was a good thing for the reaming Royal guards, but a terrible thing for me.

There's nothing scarier than having your mother scream at you. Especially when she's twice your height.

And you're half dead.

And she has an army.

The guards crept around the back of Chrysalis's army and waited a few seconds before they started to massacre the changeling forces.

Chrysalis immediately spun in a circle and started defending her drones. She shot off bolts of green magic left and right, without aiming. Thus, more changelings were killed rather than guards.

Author's Note:

This is probably rushed.

Don't kill me.