• Published 24th Jun 2014
  • 561 Views, 3 Comments

Perspective Changes Everything - Luyten



The changeling swarm is back for another invasion! But one of the royalty, Aeris, has different ideas, some that involve peace. Join him on his quest to put out the fires between Equestria and the Changeling Swarm

  • ...
0
 3
 561

Chapter Two

I had to act quickly, lest be caught by the guards, so I shifted forms into a white pegasus, with a cyan and gray Mohawk. I noticed my armor was still on, but that was a minor detail. I regretted leaving my sister's body behind, but sadly, there were more important things at stake. Like international war, for example.

Since the guards made no attempt to follow me, I assumed they sent an alert off...somewhere, most likely Canterlot and the towns dotting the way there. I knew I'd have to switch forms in order to be able to sneak into the castle, especially at a time like this. I formulated my new disguise while flying.

December 6
2:46 PM
Canterlot, Outside the Royal Castle

As was expected, there was a pair of guards at every corner, more so as you came closer to the castle.

"C'mon," I whispered to myself,"you've made it this far, you can surely pass by these guards!" I swallowed and walked up to the guards.

"I-I'm here t-to see the Princesses? It's very impor-ortant." Dammit! Why was my voice wavering! This was not the time for a mess up.

"You'll have to wait your turn, there's a line to your right." He gestured towards the right. It seemed to stretch on for miles. I scratched the back of my neck, wondering if there was a way around it. And then I had an idea.

"Would I be able to gain higher priority if I had information regarding changelings?" I said. At 'changelings' I had the guards' complete attention.

"Information about changelings, huh? What sort of information would you be carrying? And if it's vital enough, we'll relay it to the Princess for you." I almost regretted saying what I said, but it had to be done, for the greater good.

"There's a changeling invasion headed this way. As we speak. To Canterlot." As if on cue, a black cloud formed in the distance.

Author's Note:

Well, it's not the best, but I rewrote it like four times, each about one thousand words. And yeah...bear with me...thanks.