• Published 6th Jul 2014
  • 467 Views, 4 Comments

Earth Metals - DBP12012



An unnamed pony shows up in Ponyville, so lead by a cryptic dream; she joins forces with Lightning Dust and Trixie as they seek revenge and find where she belongs. Pinkie gets jealous, so she tags along as well.

  • ...
 4
 467

Say Hello to Misty

"Carrie? Could you please stop?" My voice rang out in a dark room, loud enough to cover up the music blaring in the background. I paused for a moment, listening to my deep, yet feminine, voice bounce off the walls. I stopped using my magic, dropping a glass bottle. It shattered, but I ignored it. The music still played on, bothering me to no end as I trotted through the darkness. She I around for the stairs, for I'd forgotten where the light switch was.

"Carrie!" I yelled, squinting my eyes. I could feel my horn straining, almost as if to cry out in pain. I cried out, rubbing my head. I groaned. "Carrie!" I yelled once more. At last, a light pink unicorn with a tied-back cerulean blue mane presented herself at the staircase.

"Hmm? What's wrong?" The music had finally silenced itself, so her voice came out crisp and understandable.

"Nngh, Carrie...I told you... Not to..." My voice became deeper as I groaned and sputtered over my words. Note Carrier- or 'Carrie' to her close friends and relatives -nosed the light switch and walked down to see me.

"Aw, have you been working too hard? Your horn looks ab-so-lutely awful." Carrie pushed her lower lip out before giggling. "Here, let me help you up." Carrie offered a hoof, but I declined.

"S-Stop- ach! -treating me like a ch-child," I spat, struggling to get up on my own. My attempts proved to be fruitless, what with me collapsing every time I tried to boost myself up. "I can t-take care of my...mmngh...self."

"Alkaline..." Carrie whined, "I don't treat you like a child... I just get worried sometimes, y'know? Now, c'mon, you need help." I groaned, finally cracking and accepting the offer. I stumbled to my hooves, swaying from side to side before collapsing on Carrie's back.

"Thanks," I muttered insincerely.


"She's still not waking up." Trixie loomed over the mare's body, staring at her face for expressions. "Hmm, maybe if I try...this?" She levitated a glass of water and poured it onto the mare's face. Her eyes twitched, and the mare erupted a moan.

"W-Wait! Trixie thinks she's up!"

Lightning Dust glanced back at Trixie and the mare. Lightning stood in the doorway for a bit, looking back at the stallion she was speaking to. She waved him off, not before whispering a few words of farewell. She walked over lazily, letting out a small yawn. "Took her long enough," she muttered. "But why did you try and wake her up now?"

"And what's wrong with waking her up now?" Trixie asked mindlessly, preoccupied with searching the room. She zipped from one place to the next, tossing things around without a second thought. Lightning winced as a few boxes came crashing down.

"What are you...n-never mind. What's wrong is it's way too early," Lightning stated, holding back stamping her hoof. She then arched her back, popping a few joints in her spines. She wiggled the ends of her wings, letting out another small yawn.

"Hah! It's never too early for Trixie." Trixie continued her seemingly useless search. "Besides, the sooner she gets up, the better, and now that she's up..." her voice faded as she ducked into a closet. She trotted back out triumphantly, holding something with her magic. She then promptly dropped it, staring at Lightning. "Lightning Dust?" She asked. "Did you...sleep in that...that thing? Oh, never mind. Just... take it off."

Lightning glanced down awkwardly, forcing her eyes into focus. She starting blushing, though it wasn't at all noticeable. The mask covered her face entirely. "O-Oh yeah. I forgot about that," she said as she trotted back to the doorway. "I'll be next door. Call out or something when you need me, Trix."

Trixie giggled, then picked back up the object she was levitating: a glass beaker, like the ones in most chemistry labs. She brought it over to the sink and filled it with water, then set it on the side table next to the bed. She glanced out the window, using magic to pick some of the flowers nearby. All the while, the mare who had recently awoke from her slumber watched in silence. When Trixie turned back around, she jumped a bit to see a pair of soft green eyes staring at her. She jumped, then took a breath of air.

"Trixie didn't know you were fully awake. Don't scare her like that," she scolded, placing the flowers in the beaker. The mare watched Trixie intently, drawn to the 'vase' of flowers.

"Why did you do that?" She spoke at last. Her voice was deep, but still light. It had a certain rasp to it, yet it was still soothing. Trixie blinked in response, cocking her head a bit. She hmmed in inquiry.

"Why did you put flowers there?" She asked again. Trixie smiled, looking over at them.

"The room seemed-" Trixie raised her hoof, dragging it around in the air and occasionally tapping her temples "-too...what's the word...boring."

The mare smiled, glancing at Trixie's back. She giggled. "Yes, it does seem like you'd hate boring things." The mare began examining the room she woke up in. It had boxes and clutter laying around, plus a suitcase or two. The floor was dark and oldish looking wood, while the walls had a fresh coat of beige paint on them. The bed's sheets and blankets had no designs on them, only solid darkish colors. Boring, indeed.

"Oh?" Trixie prodded for an explanation. The mare raised her hoof and pointed at Trixie's back.

"Your cape is anything but boring," she explained. Trixie laughed, shaking her back.

"You should see Trixie when she's wearing her hat, too, and preforming." The mare nodded, then blinked in confusion. She hummed for a bit, glancing around.

"Where am I, anyway?" She asked, a bit more terror then cheer in her voice. She'd just gotten a reality check, by some means. She got up, her mane tumbling into her eyes as she shook her head around. She fell over as soon as she stood up, then emitted a small gasp. Trixie jolted her head back.

"What happened?" Trixie asked, a sense of urgency in her voice. She walked over to the bedside, offering a hoof to the mare. The mare's eyes opened wide, and her pale fur turned even paler. She started stuttering, her eye twitching. Lightning Dust walked in, oblivious to what had happened.

"Hey, Trix. I'm back. How's the mare?" Lightning spoke casually before looking at the mare. As soon as she saw the mare, her face switched into a dark state. She walked over, giving a death stare to Trixie. "What...what did you do?" Lightning asked in a low voice. Trixie glanced around, panicked. Her knees began to wobble, yet she left her hoof outstretched.

"Trixie...has no...idea..." She mumbled. The mare deeply inhaled, then exhaled slowly. She let out a sigh of relief, then gladly accepted Trixie's offer. She stumbled a bit, but eventually balanced herself.

"I'm sorry, I just...remembered my...dream," she explained. Lightning and Trixie leaned forward looking at her eagerly. "Umm, I suppose...you want me to tell you." Trixie and Lightning nodded, taking their seats on the floor. The mare paused awkwardly, nervously laughing.

"It's...not that interesting..." She whispered to herself before beginning. "I, um, I was in this dark room. I forget what I was doing, but it must have been some intense magical practice because I had this massive horn-ache. I was very weak. I fell over, yelling at somepony. They came to the top of the stairs. I felt...mad. I knew them, but I don't know how. They tried to help me up, but I refused. I couldn't get up, so I reluctantly accepted their offer."

Lightning and Trixie exchanged some glances and whispers, ending with Trixie nodding. They shared in an epiphany about what had happened, yet they kept it a secret from the mare.

"This...pony...that you were mad at...did she know you? If so, did she call you by name?" Lightning asked hastily, with Trixie nudging her whenever she paused. The mare sighed, hanging her head.

"No...all I remember about that dream is what I told you. I'm bad at remembering dreams. In fact... The dream is all I remember about anything," she replied heavily. She walked around the room a little, examining her surroundings more and more. "I'm sorry to repeat myself, but, where am I?"

"Oh!" Trixie shook her head, waking from her thoughts. "You're in Ponyville," she responded, smiling.

"In a crummy hotel room, no less." Lightning added, only to get a punch and a stare of disapproval from Trixie. "What? It's true." Lightning shoved away Trixie, causing them to get into a punch-battle. The two couldn't hold back giggling, the fight ending with tears of laughter and heavy panting. The mare watched closely, smiling when she saw how the two pretended to hate each other. She kept quiet for a minute, then started laughing softly. She laughed louder and louder, until Lightning and Trixie couldn't ignore it. The mare had collapsed again, holding her sides and gasping for air. Tears had formed in her eyes, and she started sniffling.

"What?" Lightning and Trixie asked in unison. The mare stopped, gasping for air. She waited for her breathing to return to normal before even attempting to answer. Then, with a straight face, she responded.

"You...you two. You don't hate each other, do you? No...don't answer that. I already know. I find it extremely funny that...you continue to pretend to hate the one you love." She burst out in another fit of laughter, getting to the point where she was rolling all over the floor. Trixie blushed, glancing over at Lightning. Lightning snorted, making a circling motion with her hoof towards the mare. Trixie nodded, holding back her own laughter. They mouthed the same words: She's crazy.

When the mare finally stopped laughing, Trixie walked up to her. Trixie offered her hoof, but the mare declined the offer and got up fine on her own. "Now then, Trixie wanted to ask you something. Since you don't remember even your name, what should Trixie call you? She can't go on for much longer referring to you as 'the mare'."

"I-I don't know..." She responded, looking down at her cutie mark. "Apparently, I was some kind of...chemist?" Trixie snapped her hoof, bursting out an exclamation.

"Misty!" She proclaimed proudly. Lightning Dust rolled her eyes.

"Misty...? Where the heck did that come from?" She snorted. Trixie curled her lip, giving another stare to Lightning.

"Che-Misty. It fits. Trixie doesn't know about you, but from this day forth, she will refer to this unnamed mare as Misty!" Trixie positioned herself next to 'Misty', laying an arm around her shoulder. "Well, Misty? What do you think?"

Her face showed no emotion whatsoever. Trixie sighed. She doesn't like it.

"It's...cute? I dunno. It's certainly better than being referred to as 'the mare'." Misty shrugged, then started smirking. She leaned over and whispered into Trixie's ear, "I love the name. Thank you. And by the way...you're incredibly easy to tease."