• Published 6th Jul 2014
  • 467 Views, 4 Comments

Earth Metals - DBP12012



An unnamed pony shows up in Ponyville, so lead by a cryptic dream; she joins forces with Lightning Dust and Trixie as they seek revenge and find where she belongs. Pinkie gets jealous, so she tags along as well.

  • ...
 4
 467

Two Mares Return

The sun burst from the hills, spreading quick warmth over Ponyville. The town bustled with usual busyness, ponies galloping and trotting to get to their destinations. Pinkie Pie bounced right in the center of all the hustle and bustle, planning a party three months in advance. The townsponies smiled at her antics, yet didn't pay too much mind to them. Pinkie hummed to herself, springing from shop to shop. She let her mind wander into bliss as she purchased her supplies.

A figure stepped into the sunlight, blocking some of the warmth and rays of light. The body belonged to a mare, a unicorn in particular. She wore a dark hooded cape, covering mostly all of her body. Her hooves poked out of the bottom the cloak, reavealing blue fur. A familiar laugh rang out, silencing the otherwise loud street. The figure threw her head back, the cloak's hood dropping to show the mysterious mare's face. Lighter blue bangs fell just beside her right eye. She laughed again, making all the townsponies gasp in disgust. All except Pinkie.

"Trixie! You returned, like, finally! We missed you, didn't we?" Pinkie called out, smiling warmly at Trixie. The town growled in response, returning to their shops. Trixie giggled, advancing toward Pinkie.

"Pinkie Pie, The Great Trixie is surprised you greet her with such...friendliness since our last encounter. Tell her, Pinkie, why do you act so casually towards Trixie?" She replied, a smirk upon her lips. Pinkie giggled for a while, relishing in the moment before answering.

"Trixie, you're so silly. We forgave you, remember? Whatever happened when you used that silly alicorn necklace is water under the bridge." Pinkie bounced over and squeezed Trixie's neck, getting a gasp to escape from Trixie.

"W-what? You mean you were serious about forgiving Trixie?" She asked, shocked. Pinkie giggled again, shaking her head.

"Of course, silly billy! Why?" Pinkie released Trixie from her deathly hug, smiling at her.

"B-because, w-well, um... T-Trixie can explain! Trixie promises... It's not what it seems!" Trixie yelled, taking a few steps back. Her eyes raced around the town square, only to get stared down right back. She started to stammer, pressing her lips together. Pinkie watched Trixie, her big smile slowly fading into a confused frown. Pinkie tried to open her mouth to speak, to question Trixie, but there was no time. A second figure emerged from the shadows, this time dressed in a Shadowbolts uniform. The second shadow was this time a Pegasus, but also a mare. Even though her face was covered, the second mare was easily identified by her bright coral-green coat and orange highlighted mane. A devilish grin tugged at her lips, joined by a small chuckle.

"So, Trix, you're sure this is Ponyville?" She asked, passing Trixie and staring down Pinkie. Pinkie walked backwards, eyeing the mare. She looked so familiar...but from where?

"Trixie is positive," Trixie replied quickly, trotting to catch up with the masked mare. The mare ignored Trixie, her eyes locked onto Pinkie.

"Awesome. Now- Pinkie Pie was it? -I'm sure you remember me, don't you?" The mare laughed louder, yet kept the same slow pace she'd been using. "Or do I need to introduce myself?"

"That's quite alright, Lightning Dust," Pinkie replied, furrowing her eyebrows. She studied Lightning thoroughly, suddenly gasping. "Ahhh- that's where!" Pinkie giggled, yet somehow maintained her suspicious gaze. "The Wonderbolts- yes, yes. It's all coming back to me!"

"But that's... stupid. You recognized me. I thought you'd already figured it out... Oh, whatever. You were never the brightest bulb anyway." Lightning rolled her eyes, passing Pinkie. "You're not the one I'm here for."

"H-Hey! You barely know me... How dare you... I'll have you know my bulb is just fine, thank you very much!" Pinkie snorted, stamping her hoof into the dirt. She tossed her head briskly, closing her eyes. "Hmph!" Lightning ignored Pinkie, continuing her search.

"So, are we ready or what, Trix?" Lightning said in annoyance. She turned her head back, staring at Trixie impatiently. "We don't have all day, so hurry up already!" Trixie scrambled out of her trance, cantering to catch up to Lightning. Trixie nodded, a look of guilt lingering in her eyes. She nodded, gulping. "Sweet." Lightning grinned again, looking back at Pinkie once more. "I'm sure you'll be happy to know you've just doomed Rainbow Dash, Pinkie." Pinkie gasped, growling.

"H-Hey!" Pinkie yelled, chasing after the two mares. Lightning laughed, taking flight while Trixie teleported away. "Ooh, they're so dead..."


Lightning glanced down from the sky, searching for Trixie. "Ugh, that slowpoke," she complained. Lightning landed, looking around the empty town square. "Trix? Oh, come on... I thought we agreed to meet in the town square! Where did she teleport?" Lightning clicked her tongue in disgust. She trotted around for a few minutes, waiting for Trixie. "She should've been here before me..." Lightning moaned.

Trixie appeared suddenly, a cloud of pink smoke behind her. "The Great and Powerful Trrrrrrrrixie!" She announced. Lightning approached her slowly, fighting back growls.

"Where were you?" Lightning demanded. Trixie laughed, brought her hoof to her mane, and brushed it aside. "Where. Were. You." Lightning repeated, more livid this time.

"Oh, just visiting an old friend, nothing of your concern." Trixie smirked, flipping her mane into Lightning's face. Lightning rolled her eyes again, pushing Trixie out of her face.

"W-Whatever. Let's just go," said Lightning, scanning the sky. "So, Rainbow lives... where, exactly?"

"How should Trixie know? Trixie's grudge is with Twilight Sparkle, not Rainbow Dash," Trixie replied, exasperated. Lightning dove down from the sky, taking her hoof and swiping it across Trixie's face.

"What!?" she screamed, huffing and puffing. "That's the only reason we teamed up in the first place! Ugh, you're so incompetent..." Lightning whipped her tail into Trixie's face, trotting away.

"Say what you want," Trixie called, rubbing her cheek. "But you can't do this without Trixie. Admit it: Trixie is no more clueless than you." Trixie's words forced Lightning to come to a screeching halt. She moaned, turning her head back.

"Well?" Lightning asked, tapping her hoof. "We don't have all day, oh 'Great and Powerful'." Trixie smiled at her name, for somehow it always sounded better when Lightning said it like that.

"Fine. Trixie will stay... Let's go." Trixie galloped to catch up with Lightning, punching her lightly on her forehoof. "Trixie knew you didn't want go without her," she whispered. Lightning started sweating, a red hue overtaking her coral green cheeks.

"I-it's not like that, Trixie! Y-you know that!" Lightning shouted, scooting away from Trixie. "Wh-what are you even talking abo-"

"Oh, hush." Trixie laughed, covering Lightning's mouth. "Trixie knows, but you're just so cute when you're embarrassed. Trixie can't help it."

"W-Whatever."


The two mares trotted side by side for the rest of the day, with Trixie constantly whispering something that got Lightning to blush. They never did find Rainbow Dash's house or Twilight's Library. They were too busy with each other. Lightning eventually gave up, and the two mares watched the sunset on the edge of town.

"Trixie likes you, Lightning. Can she keep you?" Trixie whispered, nuzzling next to Lightning as they lay in the grass. Lightning blushed, awkwardly standing and letting Trixie's head fall into the dirt.

"Y-You're being silly, Trixie," Lightning stammered. She looked off into the distance, collecting her thoughts. "Trix?" She began. "Do you remember why we came here? Do you still think that's why we should be here?"

"Trixie remembers..." Trixie replied wistfully. "Oh, I don't know. I was seriously just teasing you a bit, honestly. Unless... You're not serious... Are you?

Lightning paused for a minute, then smiled. "You stopped talking in third person," she said. Trixie shoved her, rolling her eyes.

"Trixie gets tired of third person every now and then, you know," Trixie replied in a sarcastic tone. "Variety is the spice of life, and all that." Lightning sighed once more, staring off into the distance. She motion for Trixie to stand up.

"Let's get going; our hotel room is pretty far away." Lightning started to walk away, but Trixie refused to move. She mumbled something, getting Lightning's attention. "What?" Lightning asked.

"Mmmph...pony..." Trixie muttered, her eyes and mouth agape. Lightning followed her gaze, feeling equally as astonished when she found out where Trixie was looking. "It's...a pony..." Trixie whispered.

"I know..." Lightning whispered back. "Should we...help her at all?"

"I guess...?" Trixie walked up to the pony. She looked to be about the same age as Trixie and Lightning Dust, if not a bit younger. She was still alive- thank goodness -simply passed out. She had a whitish coat, complemented by her sea green mane with one solid black stripe. Her bangs wrapped around her horn in a perfect curl. The rest of her mane tumbled down to about her chest level, ending in the same curl. Her tail was of a similar cut.

"Um... She's not waking up..." Lightning trailed, poking a bit at her body. Trixie groaned, pushing her friend's hoof away from the unconscious mare.

"Give her some time, Lightning Dust," Trixie replied, raising the mare with her magic. "Let's just bring her back to the hotel with us, I guess. She'll just wake up tomorrow morning and get back to her lives, and we can get back to ours, okay?"

"Fine, but I'm not paying for her room." Trixie bumped into Lightning, staring at her. "F-Fine, I'll pay half." Trixie raised an eyebrow. "Well, what about you, Great and Powerful?" Lightning retorted defiantly. Trixie smiled, chuckling a bit.

"You're so easy to tease," Trixie half-sang, bumping into Lightning again. Lightning groaned, tired of being duped again.

"Triiiiix," she whined. "Stop that... You know I don't get much money..."

"Oh, and an entertainer who can't entertain anypony does? Need I remind you, I'm still working on a rock farm." Trixie was so busy ranting that she forgot about the mare she'd been carrying. The mare had crashed into a few bushes without her noticing. It took a tree to interrupt her magic and get her out of a trance. Trixie chuckled nervously, a bead of sweat dropping from her forehead as she picked the mare back up. Much to both Lightning Dust's and Trixie's surprise, the body finally gave a reaction. A slight moan erupted from the half-conscious pony. Trixie gasped quietly, brining the mare closer with her magic. She examined the body another time, discovering a couple bruises and a scratch or two.

"Good going," Lightning whispered. "She won't be in one piece when we get to the hotel if you keep ramming her into things." Lightning broke the magic seal and awkwardly scooted the mare onto her back. "I'll just carry her safely... Since, y'know, you can't do that for some reason."

"Well, if you weren't distracting me..."