• Published 26th Jun 2014
  • 4,558 Views, 250 Comments

Six wishes for six elements - Malcolm Merlyn



Six humans are sent to Equestria in it's time of need. Should they follow up with the task given tp them, each will be granted any desire of the heart. Multi-crossover.

  • ...
33
 250
 4,558

Decision

"Princess Celestia!" Twilight panted as she managed to reach the same room where Luna and Celestia were conferencing in. "A..a dragon... it attacked and... and..."

"Calm down Twilight. What happened?"

"We were talking and then out of nowhere, this Dragon breaks down the door! It was just too fast for anyone and.... I don't know... I last was running away. The dragon, it... I..."

"A dragon? Attacking Canterlot. Sister... you must know what this means then...?" Luna asked rhetorically. "Twilight... may you leave the room?"

"Wait... why?"

"Just do it. Please. It's very important and it's only between my sister and myself... and..."

"YOUR HIGHNESSES!" The guard barged in, almost knocking down the doors. "A dragon... it attacked the castle and... IT TOOK THE ELEMENTS."

"What?!" Luna and Celestia asked with disbelief at the same time.

The guard repeated his testimony.

"This is... this is terrible!" Luna cried out.

"Eh... maybe I should leave now..." Twilight chuckled nervously as she sneaked for the door after the guard had left.

"No. Twilight. You must stay." Princess Celestia said as her horn lit up. A small gleam of light revealed a hidden... bookshelf, one of which floated out.

"What is this?"

"I believe... it's the best I can get at an explanation..." Princess Celestia said. "When I was getting reports of dragons attacking towns and villages, I didn't want to believe it. I only thought and wanted to think that ponies were doing some things to provoke the dragons. Now... I see otherwise."

"What is it?! Please... tell me!"

"Patience. Patience." Luna said as she went over to the book. The arcane text gleamed and glittered as the two began to read.

"More than a thousand years ago, Feynaltdrog, the dragon, ruled not just Equestria. But the world itself... and I will say this in advance, but our knowledge on him is... inaccurate at best... wrong at worst."

"Feynaltdrog was not just any dragon. Rumors called him the king of dragons, the first dragon, the dragon god and so on." Luna continued. "He was to a dragon, what an alicorn may have been to a pony. Many things separated him from his minions."

"To begin, not all dragons are evil. In fact, hardly any of them are. Feynaltdrog was set apart first and foremost with his mastery of magic. A power no dragon should have... yet he was a master of magic and sorcery. His power in both magic and as a dragon was unmatched and wherever he went, he conquered. We don't know what it was that had turned a dragon into evil or what had made a dragon a master of magic. Perhaps it was the vileness within him that gave him magic, or the magic that spawned the darkness within. Whatever it was, it was very powerful."

"Can you imagine Twilight, the power it took to corrupt an entire race to evil? To corrupt the dragons into evil tyrants and killers? The power it took to hold the entire world in line and to do his bidding? The power it took to suppress some of the most powerful enemies Equestria has faced so far? During his rise to power, he had amassed an army of dragons that were loyal to him. All other dragons were merely pawns whom he corrupted so that they may terrorize and weaken other kingdoms whilst he and his loyal followers did the real work of subjugating the inhabitants. Those who resisted were destroyed. Those who didn't were enslaved to his rule."

"But... I thought that was all just foaltales! I thought that notion of an evil dragon was really something..."

"It's not. It's very real. Feynaltdrog is a threat to not just Equestria but to the world! Do you know his power Twilight? His power that even the elements of harmony didn't stop? Or that even Discord, master of chaos was powerless?"

"What?!"

"I know not how long the list of names go..." Luna began. "But during the final battle... it wasn't just my sister and I. But the aftermath was terrible. We had slain all the dragons that were truly evil along with Feynaltdrog with both the help of the elements and the powers of chaos but in the end, he still won in his own little way. He left one final blight upon the world. Do you know what made Discord use his magic for evil? He wasn't always like that, but in the end, the dragon king corrupted him. Discord made great efforts to resist this corruption, in fact, had he not resisted some of this corruption.... Discord's misdeeds may have been much worse. We see now that his actions were evil and for only his own amusement, but had the corruption went to it's full extent, Discord would have been a ruthless tyrant and murderer instead of an agent of chaotic mischief."

"It wasn't only just that." Luna continued. "Changelings had once helped to spread love. It was commonplace for the changelings to warm relations between feuding lovers. In a cruel joke, Feynaltdrog had turned them into the exact opposite."

"What else did he do... could he have been truly responsible for all the evils in Equestria?" Twilight asked with disbelief. This couldn't have been possible. How could have one dragon been the architect of all the tragedies and horrors that had afflicted ponykind? No. that had afflicted the world.

"He was. We know because before, there was no such things on any scale like it. The aftermath was terrible. Discord, Sombra and the changelings were corrupted to evil. The nightmare forces were born. Starswirl had been slain in the final battle and his actions had even paved way for another lesser evil. Tirek."

"Who's Tirek?"

"That's not important. All I can tell you is that Tirek was a powerful sorcerer who could have easily held Equestria by it's throat. But even he feared the power of Feynaltdrog... and now without the elements... we are at a disadvantage.... save for one thing."

It dawned on Twilight that instant.

"The humans! They're here because..."

"It was my plan. Yes. When I heard about the dragons, I wanted to make precautions. It seems those precautions have paid off... those humans are our less hope."

"But... why them? They can't even use magic!" Twilight said doing little to hide her doubts.

"You see... Luna and I looked into the history of humans. We looked not only in one world, but many. The man known as Raynor... where he comes from, humans have the power to destroy entire worlds with their weapons while in the home of Armin, humans have survived for a hundred years against a race of giants that are more powerful than them in every way imaginable. Right now... there is something about humans that make them special... which is why I selected six among them and..."

The windows flung themselves open, or rather, were opened by an outside force. A certain outside force referred to as "Deathstroke" as Slade entered the room. Fully armed and armored.

"So... I just heard I've been shanghaied." Slade growled menacingly. To his surprise, or rather his discontent, he was given no reply as Twilight could only stare while Luna and Celestia both said nothing. The door to the room opened as Steve made his way in with everyone else.

"You know... it would have been nice to get a call first."

"I understand." Celestia said. "And in this moment, there is no way I can fully voice my apologies. It wasn't fair to any of you. Knowing what I may drag you into, I can say that..."

"No need to talk Princess. I overheard. This Feynaltdrog guy is out here to conquer the world. Or this world." Steve began. "I am going to find this guy... and I will stop him..."

"You... really?" Twilight asked.

"Of course. The price of freedom is high, but it's one I am willing to pay." Rogers said. "Show me where this guy is... and I promise you... he will regret the day he wished to seize the world."

"That's... very generous of you... but you must understand Feynaltdrog is no pushover. There's no possible way..."

"I am in." Raynor said. "Now... the thing is... I kinda..."

"You want to be paid." Luna said. "We can arrange for that. I did my research and found out humans value things like jewels and gold?"

"Very much."

"Indeed. Then I assure you, I will supply you a payment that is more than suffice to fund your war efforts."

"Thank you. And perhaps some research on "magic"?"

"Can easily be arranged for." Celestia replied.

"We're being paid?" Slade asked. "I am in. Give me where this dragon is. Just let me keep the skull."

"It won't be that easy..." Luna smiled. "But we appreciate your enthusiasm." (What she didn't mention was that one thing that probably wasn't appreciated would be his bloodthirstiness.)

"Vell... it seems we're being paid. But... I vould like some other fings in addition!"

"What would it be?"

"Um... bodies and plants."

"What?!"

"Medical research! What else."

"Oh..."

For some reason that never hit Luna and Celestia, everyone else didn't seem too comforted.

"What about you two?" Celestia asked Sanya and Armin.

"Um... I don't think I can..."

"When we send you back, we can actually send you back at the exact same time you were sent away. Back at home too in case you were out."

"Okay... but may I have some... of the books regarding magic? I wish to learn a bit on the subject."

"OF COURSE!" Twilight said almost jumping on Sanya. "Listen... I own the library and.... sorry."

"It's okay Twilight..."

"And... um... I just want to see my parents. Just once." Sanya finished as Armin opened his mouth.

"I guess I'll stay too." Armin said. "But... what I want is... is things from his world."

"Mine? Heh. I am not surprised. Alright kid, we can make the deal. You'll really like some of the things we got if you're dealing with giants."

"And what about you?" Luna asked. "You never asked for anything."

"I don't want anything." Steve said.

"C'mon Cap. We know you're doing this out of the goodness of your heart and all..." Slade began. "But even a soldier needs to eat. How about some money?"

"Not interested."

"Surely there's something... maybe a way to improve your world?"

"No. Because I don't need the money. But I'll take some money regardless."

"Huh?"

"I don't need it. But other people do. It'll go well into wiping oppression off the face of my planet."

"A noble wish." Luna commented. "It will be fulfilled."

"Once Feynaltdrog is stopped one way or the other, we will send you home at the best time of convenience. We'll make do with anything we have and make sure it's as comfortable as possible."

"Very well.... so where do we start?" Slade asked as his took out staff. "I need another fight."

"That's the problem..."

"Huh?"

"We don't know where the dragon king is."

"God damn it." Slade murmured. "Well... how do we start?"

"We don't know. That's your job." Luna said. "Do it well. The fate of this world hangs in this balance. And something tells me, it may be bigger than that. But for now, we've provided accommodations. Mr. Raynor, you said you were only to stay this one night?"

"Yeah. Have my ship moved.... somewhere. Somewhere where we won't disturb anyone. I got a BIG project ahead."

Author's Note:

Takes place before the season 4 premiere.
In case if anyone is wondering, Feynaltdrog means "Bane, Destruction, Lord" in dragon. While his name actually suggests otherwise, he's not here to destroy the world. He wants to conquer it as the characters have referenced. The dragon language is based off the one used in Skyrim mainly because I was to lazy to make my own language/making up languages is pretty damn hard. And that it's probably the most badass fictional language in existence.

It's mentioned that Starswirl's death paves way to Tirek. Remember, this is already when Scorpan has met Starswirl and is about to warn the princesses of Tierk's true intentions.