• Published 22nd Jun 2014
  • 1,282 Views, 17 Comments

Solace - ThatLimeyFuck



Tonight you will hear a knock at your door. Behind it lies an unimaginable horror. A horror that, should you wish to put right, you must take into your home. You must care for it, until you can undo the sick things done to it. Its name is Lyra.

  • ...
2
 17
 1,282

4. Discovery

You stand for a moment, eyeing up the old looking door in amazement, before turning the handle and leaning into it. However, the door doesn't budge. You gently pull the creature back from the door, and try slamming yourself into it, to no avail, yielding only a slight pain in your shoulder, although you do hear a slight rattle on the other side. Coming to the last in a short list of ideas, you rock back and swing your leg up, delivering a powerful kick to the door, taking care not to fall backwards.
Hurting this creature was the last thing you wanted to happen.

To your happiness, your kick was a success, and the door swung open, knocking over a stack of boxes behind it, probably meant to try and keep it shut. You put your hand back on the creature's back, and walked inside with it. Whatever this was, you felt it was big news.

Heading into the dark that laid beyond the door, your eyes soon adjust, and what lies before you is spartan as best. A small room, with a couple of tables with remnants of pieces of paper strewn about everywhere, and a tripod and camcorder facing...
A featureless wall.

You decide to take a look around the room, addressing the creature beside you.
"Wait here. I'll still be here."
With that, you go to take a look around, particularly the pieces of paper dotted around.

Reading the few of them that you did, you find they've been torn, their edges uneven and rough, and the paper itself usually very small. The writing itself is smudged and hard to read, but you do pick up a few words here and there.
"discov-"
"-ernate existan-"
"-n a cartoon worl-"
"-ormhole? portal?"
With little to no context, the findings don't help you at all. You take a look at the camcorder, but it's heavily battered and damaged, to the point where you're sure it's pointless trying to use it.

However, you find the largest remains of a piece of paper, with some very pertinent information discernible.

"Subj- : One (1) Indigenou- -eature. Coat: Mint. Eye-"
This was definitely the creature that sat and waited in the middle of the room, alright.
"Notes: Appears to be a mythi- Strangely capable of s- Thought to be femal- -rance only reacts to the nati- Strong ma- capacity: use caution!"

The paper cut off there. So, it was a 'her'. A mythical creature? Something about reactions. And possessing a dangerous capability for...something? This just keeps getting weirder.
Leaving the paper, you approach the wall that was apparently so much cause for interest.

You touch it.
Nothing.
You tap it.
Nothing.
You knock it. Hard.
Nothing.

You groan, and go back to the creature's side, laying your hand on her back.
"Why are you interested in this place?"
With that, she rose to her hooves, and tentatively walked forward, as you followed shortly behind. As she drew close to the wall, it began to look more and more...off.

The effect only worsened as the distance closed, and before long, it was pulsating, intermittently flashing white, before turning beige again.
"-rance only reacts to the nati-"?
"Entrance only reacts to the natives"?

She was now standing right up against the wall, while you stood a bit further back, observing. But she stopped moving. She raises a hoof, and delicately touches the wall, only for it to burst into whiteness, flooding the room in bright light. Gathering that she must have been waiting for you, you reluctantly walk up to her side, both curious to see just what was going on, and scared to do so as well.
"I'm here for you."
As soon as the words left your mouth, she jumped into the wall, pulling you in behind her.

Your vision is overtaken by white light, before your senses return. And when they do, you feel no less than a dozen cold, hard metal tips all pressed against your neck.

"Don't move a muscle, or this will be the end of you."