• Published 22nd Jun 2014
  • 1,282 Views, 17 Comments

Solace - ThatLimeyFuck



Tonight you will hear a knock at your door. Behind it lies an unimaginable horror. A horror that, should you wish to put right, you must take into your home. You must care for it, until you can undo the sick things done to it. Its name is Lyra.

  • ...
2
 17
 1,282

2. Care

The creature's shaking stopped entirely as you laid your hand upon its back, your presence seemingly giving it comfort. You move your hand down to its side, trying to get a feel for just how badly its coat was caked in blood, but the creature jumped at your touch.

Clearly, it didn't want anything going near its stomach cavity. Can't blame it, really, because neither did you.
And the sight of blood was getting more and more sickening with each passing moment.

You stand back up, and slowly lead it upstairs, never letting go of its hoof as it hesitantly makes each step. Eventually, you reach the top, and you lead it to your bathroom. From there you spend the best part of an hour cautiously washing the blood and dirt from its coat, taking care to avoid the more...delicate parts of it. It stood still the whole time, any physical expression of fear it had long since removed.

You gave it solace, you were sure of that.

And there was no way you were going to let it back out into the loneliness. You'd thrown yourself in at the deep end, but now you practically had made a commitment.

With its coat clean, you gently dry it off, and face one of the more unpleasant aspects of looking after this thing. It needed a place to sleep.

With a sigh, you reluctantly lead it to your bedroom. Once there, it seemed familiar enough with what was going on once it realised where it was, as it unhurriedly hoisted itself onto your bed. You climb in alongside it, its stomach cavity in full view, something it probably didn't know. As much as you fight the curious temptation to take a look, you fail.

A decision you immediately regret.
From the looks of it, there were body parts still inside, accompanied by a number of hideous mechanical components. The image sticks in your mind, plaguing it, keeping you from sleep most of the night, while the mechanised monstrosity that lay beside you seems to sleep much more soundly than you do.

Which, frankly, is all that matters to you right now.