• Published 18th Jun 2014
  • 1,059 Views, 2 Comments

My Little Gadget - The Infinity Doctor



The reign of Discord was a horrid time for the ponies of the newly-founded Equestria, especially with his abominable creations running rampant throughout the land.

  • ...
1
 2
 1,059

The Beginning

"Oh sweet FAUST!!!" an earth pony cried "HERE IT COMES! EVERYPONY RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!"

The other ponies in the area shot up and ran, wanting to be free of the horrible creature running directly towards them. The attempt was practically useless, as most of them just slid helplessly, the road slick with soap. They quivered as the creature's gloved hands shot out from its arms, taking the ponies captive as more gloved-arms sprouted from it's back. Its grey trench coat blew in a non-existent breeze as it turned and began walking towards the mountain, where an enormous castle sat perched on its highest (or lowest, depending on how you look at it) spire.

The ponies, of course, didn't take too kindly to being foal-napped, and began to resist, squirming in the creature's arms as it continued to walk. One unicorn charged her horn, and fired, missing the arm by a mile. A smirk crossed the monster's face, and tightened its grip on the ponies in its grasp as it continued to close the gap between itself and the castle. The creature's legs extended into metal cylinders, increasing its height, and began running at a brisk pace.


"Ah, I see you've arrived" Discord said, appearing on his throne in a flash of light.

The monster grunted, dropping the ponies in its grasp. Naturally, the ponies scrambled to escape, and were promptly halted as Discord snapped his fingers, forcing the tiles in the floor to rise, knocking the ponies unconscious.

"You can go" Discord said, a glow encasing his claw as he dragged the unconscious ponies towards him.

The creature nodded dumbly, then left the room, navigating the twisting halls of the castle, seeking the exit.

He wondered, at one time, what Discord did with the ponies after they were caught. He remembered asking him once, and was disassembled, his parts spread throughout the chaotic castle. He quickly learned not to question Discord's orders, whether it was because of...that event...or some smoke and mirrors the trickster conjured to force him to comply. It was so long ago...he didn't even remember. Oh sure, he'd had a few flashbacks every now and again, but he dared not to trust them, if only because of the possibility of the memories once again a product of Discord's magic.

He sighed to himself as he continued walking, then extended his arms up to a nearby window, and lifted himself up. He stared boredly out at the view, disgusted at himself for everything he'd ever done since arriving at this twisted place. As usual, he did nothing to correct it, he constantly asked himself 'Why?'- and a voice in the back of his head would respond 'Why not?'. He jumped, his legs extending to soften the blow as he hit the checkerboard ground. He winced as his legs returned to their normal length, reminding himself to oil them when he returned.

'Why return at all? Why not just put those long legs of yours to use?'

'Discord would just bring us back, like he did the first few times'

'You know, for someone who's supposed to be intuitive, you're not very bright'

'Shut up, both of you'

'Who says we have to?'

'Me, that's who'

'Did it ever occur to you that talking to yourself is a sign of insanity?'

'I lost my sanity a long time ago'

'Did you? I think I lost mine a little bit before that'

'This place will turn you inside-out and upside-down, Discord's corruption has spread so much...'

His head remained quite, not sure how to respond to his thinking.

'Just as well...' he thought '...sometimes my mind's so muddled I can't even tell which way is up...'

That thought, along with a select few others were almost enough to give himself up to the two ponies leading the resistance.
Almost.

He had no interest in being torn apart, in both mind and body, once more. Once was enough, more than enough for a lifetime. Of course, surrendering would come with its advantages and disadvantages- the two leaders would most likely strip him of his secrets, as well as his knowledge of Discord. On the other hand, they might reject him, toss him back to Discord, and let him live out the rest of his tortured days as fourteen different appliances around the castle. On the other hand, perhaps they might take pity on him,
maybe even show him at least a morsel of kindness if it was in their capacity to do so.

'Fat chance' he moaned to himself 'they'd sooner sell me for scrap than let me join their side'

Of course, if they did, the Chaos Lord could always take full control, and turn him against his new allies.

'Pffft, yeah, right- you? Run from Discord? Ha! You'd sooner rust before that happened'

He ignored the voices, if only for the moment. Discord rarely talked to him, and when he did, it was usually a command, ordering him to do this or that. And as the ponies currently saw him the way they did, it didn't really make them want to hang around, especially if he was following Discord's orders.

'Why do you do what that tyrant wants? It's not like he's holding anything over you'

'...'

'Unless of course, you have some demons deep inside? Lying around in a cage somewhere?'

'...'

'Not even a skeleton or two? Seriously, what's he got on you?'

He ignored the voice, and continued walking, staring up at the pink cotton candy clouds as he did.

"Hey! You!" a voice shouted.

He turned, and found a group of ponies, several armed with makeshift spears, and what looked like a few giant bricks of that Pez stuff Discord liked so much.

"You've taken too much from us..." the stallion in front said "..and I do believe it's about time we corrected that"

'Pfft, yeah right, that guy wouldn't even last five minutes!' the voice cried.

'This guy wants to pick a fight? Fine, let's rumble'

He cracked his knuckles, forcing a few of the ponies in the mob to flinch.

'This is going to be fun...'