• Published 14th Jun 2014
  • 2,689 Views, 241 Comments

Dark Souls:the descent into friendship - star dust pony



I am a undead,im not sure how i got here,who braught me here or what this this place is...but even my strange dreams...they leave me smiling compared to what i feel is ahead of me

  • ...
37
 241
 2,689

PreviousChapters Next
chapter 6:equestrian announcement (EDITED VERSION)

"Eat up little critters." A shy timid voice floated through the sounds of small animals as she set out their respective foods.

"Fluttershy, dear are you home?" The elegant and familiar voice of Rarity chimed from outside. Fluttershy slowly, carefully cracked open the door, chain still in place, to greet her rather REFINED friend. "Ah, their you are darling, are you ready?"

"R-ready for what?" Fluttershy shifted her eyes this way and that in an attempt to see if what Rarity was referring to was nearby. "I wasn't expecting anything today."

"Why for our new 'guardian' of course, did you not hear about it? Everypony is talking about it, apparently Celestia found and made allies with a new race and they said that they'll give a token force for service alongside the Royal Guard, as a sign of their friendship." Rarity giggled at the thought of what it might be.

"Help us? Wi-with what?" Flutter shy started looking worried. "I-is their something evil happening?" Rarity almost immediately regretted her decision to mention that part.

Rarity tried to give her most reassuring smile. "Uhhh- no dear, they sent it for just in case, sort of like...a bodyguard, only for all of Equestria." This calmed Fluttershy down a little, bringing a sigh of relief from the mare's lungs..

"O-oh what a relief, I can't wait to see what race we've made friends with." Flutter shy stepped out of her house. "I-is the announcement right now?"

Well, it's in a few hours, but we have to allow time for travel to Canterlot, don't we? Come along now dear, we don't want to be late." She waited for Fluttershy to close the door before they both went trotting towards the train station.

After the long train journey into Canterlot and navigating through crowds and the many streets and dwarfing buildings of the city, they finally arrived in the gigantic plaza overlooked by the magnificent palace. Celestia would be giving her announcement from the balcony used in all royal addresses, so all the ponies who had gathered waited below in crowd while the anticipation was thick in the air.

"I wonder how it will protect us." A brown mare off to the far left said.

"Do you think it'll be scary?" A little filly not far in front said.

"Why do we even need protecting?"

The very Sun dimmed its rays as the sky became ablaze with orange. Trumpets were heard from indiscernible locations and everypony looked up. Celestia strode into view of the crowd, smiling down at her subjects as they all hushed themselves into silence and gave all their attention to their benevolent, kind and graceful leader. "Greetings my subjects, we are here today for a momentous occasion. There is a race of beings, yet undiscovered by us ponies- or any other race, that we have made contact with in hopes of a steady, friendly and mutually beneficial relationship. As a sign of their well wishes and they have given us one of their own, a new ally who has shown to me his skill and excellence in many forms."

The chatter of the crowd began again as Celestia leaned back slightly and whispered to something which returned with a, presumably, positive ANSWER as she nodded and returned to her regal position just as somepony raised their hoof in Question. "Ummm, excuse me your majesty, but do you even know what this race is called?" A brown pony with thick rimmed glasses asked while trying not to get too nervous.

Celestia chuckled slightly. "A good question; yes I do know what they are called, he calls himself a 'human' And he is here right now, Please, present yourself."

Rarity and Fluttershy looked up as everypony's jaws slowly opened and dragged their chins to the floor just as the tall, slightly dirty, rusted metal creature walked onto the platform next to Celestia. It's finely shaped metal head looking like it could impale a pony and all the things it carried made it look quite imposing, looking as if it could take over a city should it so wish.

"T-t-that thing is scary." Flutter shy squeaked out, trying not to panic, knowing that Celestia deemed it safe.

"A-agreed, I mean look at it, It looks like a it can smash down a wall." Rarity's pupils were tiny at this point as the. 'Human.' Hopped down from the platform and landed on the sort of stage below.

Celestia began to worry, seeing fear in the ponies eyes. "Uhhh, please, introduce yourself, human."

The big metal creature put one of its a four appendage groups that are on the end of its long arms to what was assumed to be its chest and it lowered itself as it spoke to everypony's surprise. "I am knight Sparks, I do not wish to harm anyone nor anything, even in my own home I am a protector, a guardian. I do hope not to strike you with fear, for mine is a peaceful race, should circumstances permit. I have been sent to you as a token of good will and faith that we may trust one another and flourish alongside each other in harmony." The creature named 'Sparks' rose again to be greeted with a few smiles and sighs of relief as even the most shy and timid of ponies seemed more welcoming than they were a few moments previous.

"Yes, I am sure that all my little ponies are glad to hear your words on the matter, knight Sparks." Celestia gleamed a smile. "Please, everypony do spread the word for those who have not yet joined us because this young knight shall be permitted to walk freely among us." All of those gathered in the plaza, a fair few thousand, nodded and murmured in confirmation. "Very well, Thank you. You are dismissed, everypony." Mares, stallions and foals begin pouring out of the plaza, eager to tell those who missed the speech, though some stay to ask a few questions with the knight and a few colts and fillies ask their parents to take pictures of it.

"Wow Rarity, do you think we'll ever work along side it? ... Uhh... Him?" Fluttershy looked to her side at Rarity as she nods.

"If we do I just hope we don't get in its way by mistake." Rarity looks forward and doesn't realize that she was about to walk into a wall while Fluttershy was actually at the plaza's exit. "Well, that was a close one." She giggles out nervously before readjusting herself to follow Fluttershy out.

PreviousChapters Next