• Published 7th Apr 2012
  • 1,235 Views, 12 Comments

Seven Princesses of Light - TundraStanza



Only 7 alicorns remain. They have been charged with protection of the light.

  • ...
4
 12
 1,235

Warrior, Guardian, or Sorceress

Seven Princesses of Light

Chapter 1: Warrior, Guardian, or Sorceress

She felt like she was drifting through a current.

Lacking sight, she could only feel herself sinking to the depths of whatever ocean she had found herself in. But she wasn't drowning. In fact, she could easily breathe deeply without a struggle. Thoughts were heavy and difficult here. She just wanted to resume her slumber.

---

Celestia was startled awake. Despite having sunk with her head down, all four of her hooves had managed to land on a solid stone floor. Her eyes glanced around at the platform she was standing on. Surprisingly accurate pictures of her closest subjects and family were depicted around a sleeping image of herself. Most prominent were pictures of her sister Luna and Twilight Sparkle her faithful student. The entire floor looked like it had a bit of fluorescence.

She heard a shimmering noise from behind her. When she turned around she noticed a rectangular, stone podium with a sword levitating above it. A second podium appeared to the right with a sun-design shield levitating above it. A third podium manifested with a unique staff floating over it. Each item spoke volumes about its own purpose without uttering a single word.

Celestia felt compelled to walk towards the podiums and their items. Standing in front of each, she heard a voice that lacked pitch but still held gravity.

Will you take the path of the sorceress and higher wisdom? Celestia shook her head and moved on.

Will you take the path of the guardian and greater endurance? She paused but she didn't say yes to that path either. Only the blade remained.

The path of the warrior leads to a stronger heart. Is this your choice? She nodded as she raised her left hoof to the hilt.

So be it.

The sword vanished. In its place, a new item flashed into existence. It resembled a giant key and it looked like it was forged from the very core of the sun. However, its temperature was much cooler to the touch as its handle rested in Celestia's mouth.

Princess of Light... wielder of the Keyblade... at times you will need to fight.

Suddenly, several small shadows bulged from the ground in front of Celestia. The creatures looked menacing with their soulless yellow eyes and dark unidentifiable appendages. They hissed and charged after the new Keyblade's chosen one. Briefly, Celestia felt an age-old fear of the dark.

The Heartless attack from the shadows.

Don't be afraid.

Her fear left almost instantly as a surging confidence filled her whole being. She charged at the Heartless, perfectly timing her swings to slice them in half. Upon doing so, the monsters disappeared. Her Keyblade disappeared just a few seconds afterward.

Take this door and begin your journey. A wooden double-door appeared in front of Celestia. She felt compelled once again to walk forward without question. As she nudged the door open with her magic, a light began to shine through. She was engulfed by it as she whited out.

---

Luna heard a shimmering noise behind her. Upon turning around to see the source, she saw three stone podiums. Each of which had a specific item hovering over it. She slowly walked over, wings folded. A voiceless message could be heard as she approached each podium.

The path of strength is the way of the warrior.

The path of wisdom is the way of the sorceress.

The guardian takes the path of endurance and defense. Is this your choice? Luna nodded as she touched the shield with her left hoof.

So be it.

The shield vanished. A strange weapon that resembled a rather large key took its place. The weapon's design reminded Luna of a night sky when the moon is full. Its handle rested comfortably in her mouth.

Wielder of the Keyblade and Princess of Light... sometimes you will be required to fight.

With just that warning, several small black creatures appeared as if from within the ground. Their menacing yellow eyes were searching only for destruction. One of them jumped as if to attack. Flinching, Luna shut her eyes.

Heartless attack from the darkness.


Fear not.

A sudden surge of confidence urged Luna to counter-charge. She positioned her Keyblade to block every single one of the enemies' scratches. She then timed counterattacks of her own until all of the Heartless evaporated. She stood still for a few more seconds. Once she felt sure that the attacks had ceased, her Keyblade vanished.

Begin your journey through this door. Luna witnessed a double-door appear in front of her. She did not object to her urge to open it and walk through. As she did, a white light engulfed her.

---

The path of the sorceress leads to higher wisdom. Are you sure this is your choice? Cadence nodded as she reached out to the staff with her left hoof.

So be it then.

The staff vanished and a new weapon appeared in its place. This weapon looked like a huge key made from harp strings and garden lilies. In her mouth, Cadence grasped the handle of the foreign yet familiar weapon.

Princess of Light and Keyblade wielder... there are times when fighting is unavoidable.

Out of the very floor, shadows bulged and morphed into the forms of dark monsters. All Cadence could see in the yellow eyes of the creatures was a thirst for destruction. One of the creatures charged in for a kill. Cadence would have screamed if her mouth wasn't occupied holding her new weapon.

The Heartless attack from darkness.

Do not worry.

Cadence no longer felt worried. Confidence possessed her whole body in that moment. She quickly spun around, her acceleration slicing through the Heartless like butter. She practically cartwheeled around the field as she quickly swung her Keyblade through each of her attackers. After the creatures were heavily damaged, they vanished without a trace. A few seconds later, Cadence's Keyblade followed suit.

Open the door and begin your journey. A double-door crafted from wood appeared in front of her. Confidently, she walked up to the door and nudged it open. As she did, a bright light engulfed her. Cadence whited out.

---

Two more warriors, one more guardian, and one more sorceress followed their paths. The road to Light was going to be a long one.

---
(A/N: I'm guessing the KH crossover idea has been done to death. Feel free to read it anyway... or not.)