• Published 25th Jun 2014
  • 4,211 Views, 37 Comments

Rainbow's Rebirth - Shadowmane PX-41



Twilight has been fascinated with the new power she and her friends received; Rainbow Power, but as she continues to study it and attempt to tap into their newfound powers again, something... Odd happens.

  • ...
14
 37
 4,211

Power Unleashed

Time has passed since the defeat of Lord Tirek, and all the damage has been pretty much undone. Equestria was returning to a lush, green, harmonious state. Earth Ponies were back to working the land, Pegasi were fixing up the weather, and Unicorns were stabilizing the flow of magic.


Twilight had only had a month or so to adapt to her new castle being the replacement for the library, and still the memories were eating away at her. The very house she had been given to her, turned into a pile of ash in a split second by that monstrous centaur. She still had to remain strong though, after all, "When Celestia Closes A Door, She Opens A Window."

She was pacing the corridors of her new castle back and forth, a sign that she was in deep thought. She needed to know everything about her new form of light; Rainbow Power.

"It's gotta be here somewhere." She began walking down the corridors and searching the doors, in the hope that there would be a library somewhere. "Could it be this one?" Twilight opened it and found a bizarre sight.

"Well, this is a surprise." She saw what looked like a large swimming pool, no doubt for her and her friends. "I'll have to tell them about this one day. But not now, I need to find the library."

And with that, Twilight went out of the room and back down the corridors, looking for her new library. But not before she took the time to cast a spell on the door.

She was firing a laser at the door, and controlling it to make it spell out a word. Once she was done, her laser inscription read "Swimming Pool." So that she wouldn't choose the same door continuously.

"That should map it out better for me." Then she ran off in search for her fabled library.

Twilight passed by multiple doors, checking each one as she went and leaving her marks on the doors. Eventually, she had marked "Dining Hall, Lounge, Training Barracks, Observatory." And even "Hidden Garden."

"Darnit! Where is that library?!" Twilight eventually gave up and fell to the floor, she had been running herself ragged in this behemoth of a castle and she was finally out of breath.

"Twilight, calm down. You're just adjusting to your new castle, this thing is natural for princesses." Spike said as he noticed Twilight's gasps for air.

"Natural?! This castle is gargantuan!" Twilight said, clearly frustrated as she had that frustrated look on her face. "I don't know how Princess Celestia and Princess Luna adapted to castles of this size, and quite honestly, I don't even want to know how!"

"I don't even know." Spike shrugged as he looked at Twilight's many inscriptions. "But I'm guessing you're not following their methods."

Twilight sighed. "Sorry, Spike. It's just that, I was always accustomed to my old library before any of this box and keys thins started. After I lost the library. I feel like I'm unable to find my was around my own households anymore." She hung her head as she recalled the library, every memory of it, right before Tirek brutally murdered it by fire.

Spike took notice by Twilight's mournful looks and tried to cheer her up. "Twilight, are you still bothered by that?"

"Spike, I've been living in that library for the entire time since I've moved to Ponyville." She said, not showing any signs of happiness. "Now that's it's been destroyed, and all the books with it, I feel like I'm not ready for a role like this."

"Aww, come on, Twi. That's not how a princess should be acting." A voice from behind her said. This voice belonged to Rainbow Dash, she was there with the rest of Twilight's friends. "And although I don't know much about princesshood, I know for a fact that you shouldn't be sad now."

"She's right, Twilight." Pinkie said. "No pony, not even a princess should have to bear a frown. Now then, allow me to turn that frown upside down." She lifted Twilight up and turned her upside down to get the smile she was looking for.

"That usually cheers me up, but not today, unfortunately." She turned back inside to the corridors.

"Is somethin' on yer mind, Sugarcube?" Applejack asked Twilight, in an attempt to find out the cause of her sadness.

"I'd be happy to tell you, if you'd all just follow me down the hallways here." Twilight led her friends down the corridors and resumed her quest for the library.


"Ever since the events with Tirek, I feel like I've lost all sense of house navigation with this new castle." Twilight looked neutral now, she wasn't sad but she wasn't happy either. "Also, Princess Of Friendship is a massive role to play in Equestria, and with all the responsibilities I have to fulfill. I don't feel like I'm ready."

"Why do ya think that?" Applejack said, hooked onto Twilight's explanation.

"There's at least 10 million ponies in Equestria, AT LEAST." Twilight outstretched her hooves. "And some aren't willing to accept friendship and unity."

"Well duh, there's all kinds of ponies and other things like that." Pinkie said. "Firstly, there's that meanie grffon Gilda, she's never gonna make any friends with that attitude. She followed by that mean bully, Diamond Tiara. And I'm starting to think Silver Spoon is nothing more than her yespony when she goes against the Cutie Mark Crusaders."

"Ok, Pinkie, we get it." Twilight said

"Then there's that jerk Sunset Shimmer who stole your crown that night. And then there's that Suri pony back in Manehatten who stole Rarity's design and make her a jerk towards us..." Pinkie kept running her mouth for an indefinite period of time.

"Once Pinkie starts, it's nearly impossible for her to stop." Applejack said with a smile as Twilight was starting to crack a small grin.

"Wait a second. This door hasn't been marked yet." Twilight said as she looked at a pair of majestic double doors which almost touched the ceiling. It had a golden frame and a diamond pattern. The diamonds themselves were purple with a green border.

"Could this be the library you're looking for?" Fluttershy asked as Twilight stepped closer to the doors.

"It might be, we'll just have to wait and see." Twilight put her aura on the two handles and took a deep breath. Once she opened her eyes again, she had her aura open the doors. They were quite heavy so she did it slowly. Once she opened up a crack in the doors, there was some blinding light for a few seconds, this soon disappeared, and the girls walked through the doors.

The sight inside the two doors would have made any other librarian jealous. The number of books in this gargantuan library could rival that of any other library, including the one in the Crystal Empire. Twilight made sure to mark the door with the word "Library" before she closed it.

"Whoa. This might keep you busy for a while, don't ya think, Twilight?" Asked Rainbow Dash.

"It might, let's just see what we've got here first." Twilight flew over to one of the giant bookcases on one of the upper floors. She pulled out a few books. "Advanced Transformation? Ability Buffing? Free Creation Spells? I must have died and gone to heaven!" Twilight was clearly happy now, pulling out a couple dozen more new books for her to examine.

"I think Twilight's happy now. My work here is done." Pinkie said as she decided to join Twilight in her reading.

"Not ta be rude, Pinkie, but all ya did was talk. Twilight found this here library by herself." Applejack said as she took a seat on one of the couches on the bottom.

"Really, I didn't even notice. And personally, I knew where the library was all along, I just decided to make the long walk to it more entertaining than it would be normally. And she's happy now, so my work here is done. I'm only 3 smiles away from a celebratory Party Cannon Fireworks Party."

"Hey girls, look what I found!" Twilight said from one of the upper floors as she waved a rainbow coloured book. It's a book on our new power!"

The girls quickly ran up to see Twilight, in her usual book reading position, reading up on a book with rainbow writing and archaic pictures all over.

"What is it, Twilight?" Rainbow Dash asked as they were all looking at the book she was looking at.

"It's a book on our new forms." Twilight said as she was eyeing the inscriptions inside the book. "And look, it's an ancient poem focused around it."

When darkness grips the land
Rainbow Power will make a stand
Should the light be alive and bold
The warriors become foaled
Light can fight the darkness
But can't be overused
For using it then will youthen you
And give you a mother to be amused

"What does it mean?" Fluttershy decided to ask.

"I think it's some kind of riddle related to our new power, which this book is deciding to call Rainbow Power." Twilight said as she closed the book up.

"Well, is there something in the book to call upon this power?" Rarity decided to ask her as she levitated the rainbow-coloured book back up to where it was initially.

"I don't know, but I think we have to focus hard, like with the Elements of Harmony before this."

"Well, if we are gonna call on another power fer us to use, might ah suggest we do it outside the library first? No offense, Twilight." Applejack explained as she begun to walk down the stairs to get to the door again.

"None taken, Applejack. I've had my fill for the day." Twilight said as she too began to walk down the stairs. "Come on, girls."

Soon, all the girls were following her. As they all walked out of the colossal library, Twilight lit up her aura to close the door behind her.


"This should be a good place." Twilight said as she and her friends arrived in a large round hall, perfect for testing out their new power. "Now be sure to focus hard and concentrate on your Rainbow Power self."

Twilight shut her eyes and began to focus hard, as did everypony else in the room. They focused hard on their new forms, even though it was hard to perfectly visualize it.

There were spirals of rainbow-coloured magic spiraling up around their hooves and eventually flooding into their bodies like a gale of snow. It was powerful, yet the girls still had their eyes closed, focusing harder and harder on Rainbow Power.

The magic swarmed their bodies turning them rainbow-coloured all over. It kept coming and coming, until finally, there was a powerful explosion from everyone of the Mane 6, all of them screaming as the explosion of rainbow consumed them all.

From the outside of the castle, there was a web of rainbow-coloured lightning spewing out from the top of Twilight's castle, this only lasted for 10 seconds before it disappeared, leaving a powerful forcefield around the castle.

A few townsponies had taken notice of this phenomenal occurence, but then shrugged it off as it wasn't doing anything bad to them. They believed if something bad was going happen, Twilight would be there to save them from it. Little did they know that Twilight wasn't going to show up after that...

Author's Note:

My god, it's been forever!

Sorry if I've been away for a while, I was busy with some other things, namely the MLP app, Call of Duty: Ghosts, school, eating, etc. But I'm back, just for you guys. I hope you liked the first chapter of Rainbow's Rebirth, and I hope to receive some constructive comments on how to improve it.

So, there were explosions from the Mane 6, and a web of rainbow lightning in the sky. The force field still lies as a mystery to the townsponies, but knowing AR fics like this one, you know what this means already.

See you soon, guys. I hope you keep this story going, much like my others.