• Published 16th Nov 2014
  • 571 Views, 88 Comments

Rise of the Creators - Paradox Theory



Whatever happend to Jason after he entered the Void?

  • ...
7
 88
 571

Fall of Utopia

Jason's POV

After a few hours, I decided it was time to leave.

Raising my hand straight up, sighed as the gazebo reappeared. Not wasting a moment, I ran across town.

Weaving in and out of the buildings I made my way to the alicorn mansion. I didn't even pause as I approached the door. It opened as soon as I thought the command.

"Jason!" Luna yelled from the kitchen table as I ran in.

"Luna, where's Spatium?" I asked her.

"Right here." Spatium answered from behind me. "Why? What did Odin want?"

I turned to face her when I noticed that Tempus and Celestia entered the room.

I stood there for a moment in debate before sighing aloud.

"What I'm about to say does not leave this mansion." I stated. It was not a suggestion.

After everyone nodded I began to explain. "Odin has gone through the Fade. He's gone."

Luna's jaw was open in shock, Tia looked at me like I was to blame, Tempus and Spatium looked at me in surprise.

"He let you watch?" Spatium asked me.

"More than that," I replied, "It seems that my powers came from him. He choose to be me and my sister." Again everyone went silent in shock.

"But. . . that would mean. . ." Spatium tried to speak.

"That I'm the King." I sighed, placing a hand on my forehead.

"COOL!" Luna shouted, causing everyoneto jump.

"There's one more thing. . . " I hesitated a bit before continuing, "I'm the reason the Void consumes this place."

As I looked at their shocked faces, I couldn't help but feel a pang of guilt at the knowledge that I would destroy their home.

"You." Spatium says slowly, "Destroy. Utopia?"

Sighing, I nod.

The next thing that happened was something I didn't expect.

"Then what would you have me do, my King?" Tempus asked me, inclining his head. His family followed his example as one by one, the bowed.

Overwhelmed by the sudden movement, I quickly sit down.

After a minute, I remembered something from my hearing.

"Prometheus." I said aloud.

"What?" Spatium asked, stepping forward.

"If I make this Void, he is the reason for it." I stated.

"Why?" Tempus asked, stepping next to his wife.

"I have no Idea," I sighed, "Where is he now?"

Tempus suddenly looked out a nearby window facing the castle.

"He called a meeting just after you and Odin left. . . Honey, take the girls to the gazebo, I'll meet you there." Tempus exclaimed, picking me up with his magic and setting me on his back. Spatium nodded in understanding before grabbing Tia and Luna.

"Hold tightly your Highness, we have to get to the castle." Tempus informed me as we ran out the front door.

"Don't call me that!" I shouted back.


Prometheus's POV

Well, so much for trying to remove Jason. Now I must wage war to claim my throne.

For twelve thousand years I've waited. Now I have the shattered sword, proof that Jason killed Odin.

Or. . . proof enough.


As the last of the Creator council trickled in, I began my speech.


"Creators, I bear grave news. Odin is dead. Jason forced the fade upon him to claim the throne!" I shouted to the crowd.
Many boos and shouts of confusion arose.

"I know many of you are unhappy that this should happen. But I have a plan. And while many rules will be broken, we may make sure that this can never happen again." I explained, getting the group to calm down.

"I propose that we go to war against the mortals, wipe them from existence. It is the only way to avoid another death." I spoke, pushing magic through my voice. However, many Creators stood against me.

"We will not stand by as you destroy life for your own gain. Do you not remember the destroyers? They thought the same thing." Suavis Tabernum shouted, causing many Creators to stand with him.

I snarled as I shouted back, "Then I'll have to kill you first."

The council room promptly exploded.


Jason's POV

The Council room was in chaos by the time me and Tempus showed up.

"I need to find Prometheus." I said aloud, "Tempus, get your daughters to the gateway, send them to Equestria!"

Tempus nodded before running back outside. I, however, ran towards the throne room.

"So, the traitor finally arrives t claim his throne." Prometheus sneered as I entered the throne room.

"Prometheus!" I hollered, "I'm giving you the chance to call this off, to save the Creators!"

Prometheus continued to smile, "Why? Soon this war will spread to other dimensions and universes. Then all of reality will fall apart. And I will rule the Destroyers."

"Then I must drain everyone of their magic." I concluded, slowly stepping towards Prometheus.

With a smile, Prometheus lunged at me. Without a second thought I raised Excalibur in front of me. Angered, Prometheus swings his blade madly. I deflect every swing, slowly backing towards the balcony. Clash after clash pushed me until my back hit the banister on the balcony.

With a wicked smile, Prometheus raised his sword.

Only for it to drop as his throat was grabbed by my hand.

Choking and gasping, Prometheus fought against my grip.

"Prometheus, I send you to the farthest edge of the farthest universe. May I NEVER see you again." I commanded, Prometheus suddenly gone.

As explosions rocked the castle, I looked over the Creators home world. Even with Promtheus gone, he still spoke the truth.

Closing my eyes, I readied a spell that would turn them to stone, followed by another to drain their magic.

I cast the first spell, every creator then started to freeze as the spell took hold. I then casted the second, and a darkness seeped from me, one I recognize all too well.

I was making the Void. And now my thoughts turned to my parents, Rose the granddaughter to Odin, my equestrian friends. Luna and Celestia, Their parents as well.

I felt tears run down my cheeks as the void thickened.

Suddenly, I was watching Tempus fight off Creators who were trying to enter the gateway. Spatium stood behind him, channeling her magic into the gateway. Then time froze, and Luna turned towards me.

"Jason?" She asked, unsure as to what was happening.

Celestia walked up to me, "Whatever you did, undo it, free our parents and the others!" She demanded.

Sadly I shook my head, "I can't. They won't listen to me. Prometheus tainted their minds." I saw Tia's eyes start to water. "But I can at least give you a chance to say good bye." I said with a smile. I then snapped my fingers.

I watched as the Alicorns hugged one another. "Why can't you come with us?" Luna asked with a sniffle.

Spatium smiled, "Because our time in this plane is ending. The New Creators will take our place." Spatium then turned to Tia. "Watch over your sister, and promise me you'll protect her no matter what."

Tia teared up as she she replied, "I promise."

I knelt down to hug Luna. "I'll miss you." She whispered.

"Me too." I smiled.

I then watched as the two daughters jumped through the portal.

Suddenly, I was back on the balcony. I noticed myself nearby, I was frozen in time. As the Void began to close in I realized that my life was now a complete circle. I was a Paradox.

Paradox.

Paradox. . . . .


Starswirl the Bearded's POV

I watched in silence as again the universe rippled. It had done this for over a thousand years. Why, none of us never knew.

I decided to get some fresh air, trotting to my towers front door.

Humming quietly to myself, I pulled the doors open with my magic.

In only a few minutes I was in the nearby town known as Hoofgen. As I walked, I noticed a comet speeding towards my tower.

Running at full speed, I approached the crater in front of my tower. Curled up at it's base was two winged unicorns.

I had no idea what I was in for.


Spatium's POV

The walk to the castle was quiet. It gave me time to think.

3000 years. I've been asleep for three thousand years. My last thought before that was my daughters, that I love them.

Before long, I found myself on the castle balcony. In front of me was Jason. Or his statue at least.

I gently tapped my horn to his head, and the stone peeled away.

"Ahh!" Jason groaned, stretching his arms and back. "Who knew being stone for so long could make you so stiff?"

"No one, seeing as that kind of spell has never been used before you." I answered, watching Jason walk around.

"Well, guess I'm headed to Earth then?" Jason asked as he turned to me.

"No," I replied, "I want you to check on my daughters in Equs."

Jason nodded, then proceeded to hug me, "I'll miss you Spatium." He whispered.

"I'll miss you too Jason." I whispered back.

Jason then chuckled. "I'm sorry Spatium, but I no longer go by that name."

"What do you mean?" I asked in confusion.

"The only thing in my mind for three thousand years was that I lived in a paradox." Jason explained, walking towards the edge of the balcony. "Now that it's over, I will call myself Paradox. To remember what I've been through." And with that, he disappeared.

Paradox. . . . where have I heard that before?