• Published 3rd Jun 2014
  • 2,233 Views, 15 Comments

Beautiful memories - Novalis14



The doctor has failed once again to keep one of his companians alive. He and derpy grieve the loss and she seeks to comfort him with the only thing she has left, her voice

  • ...
4
 15
 2,233

Remembering those we have lost

Ditzy felt useless as she stared at the Doctor. He was crumpled by the TARDIS console, motionless except for the periodical racking of his body, caused by the sobbing he just couldn’t control.

She wanted to weep as well, they may have saved the people of Xentrax 4 but the cost had been high, they had lost a good friend. However Ditzy couldn’t bring herself to grieve while the Doctor needed her.

“Doctor I-I……” she started unsure how to comfort him.

“He was our friend Derpy, an- and I failed him. I have lost so many people in my lifetime Derpy, I am a horrible man, I am a horrible stallion. Even in a different universe I can’t keep them safe.”

It hurt Ditzy to see her friend like this. “Doctor, Tick Tock knew the risk, he wanted to help and his smarts are what saved all those ponies, he wouldn’t want us to cry. He- he would tell us it is a waste of fluids.” She looked for a response to her little joke but none came.

Her talent was to cheer ponies up, to bring out the good of a situation and to protect the hearts of her friends, yet she was at a loss.

No.

She could not sit here and do nothing.

She walked over to the Doctor and lay down beside him. Her wing extended wrapping around him and pulling the Doctor to her side, she put her head beside his and began to sing.

We should remember all past faces,
Fond recollections none can compare.
If someone leaves us, just remember,
You’re so much richer for all that you shared.
So look back with love, don't despair?

The Doctor thought back to all the familiar faces, those who had given their lives, and sanity to protect him. Rose Tyler, Martha Jones, Donna Noble, the Ponds, he could see each of them, their faces smiling, their laughter echoing in his ears.

Beautiful memories last a lifetime,
They're beside you everyday.
Beautiful memories of our old friends,
Goes to our hearts, they will stay.

The Doctor thought of tick tock, the gingercorn’s grumpy and logical demeanor, his bravery, and their shared love of adventure and invention.

Yes we will miss them, but remember,
All of the good times, all that you done.
Their warmth and their laughter, heartfelt moments,
These should be savored like golden sun.
The best of your dreams are to come?

The Doctor looked over at the silver mare, tears were streaming down both their faces. He marveled at her, Ditzy Doo who was afraid of a gloomy old forest, who had such a gentle and sensitive heart and yet who put aside her own emotions and grief to comfort and protect him. Ever since the first time they met, she always put others first.

”Beautiful memories last a lifetime,
They're beside you everyday.
Beautiful memories of our old friends,
Goes to our hearts, they will stay.”

As the song ended Ditzy held on to the Doctor, and for a moment they sat in silence, remembering those lost to them.

The Doctor looked down at his companion. “Not her, if it takes every bit of my body and sanity, I will make sure she is happy.” He thought wrapping his hooves around her neck and pulling her into a warm embrace. Ditzy feeling she had done her part began to sob into the Doctors soft fur.

As the two ponies mourned, a ghostly and gingery figure gave the smallest of smiles, before departing for the elysian fields.

Author's Note:

Please comment on the feels factor and on anyways you think I can make it better. I have always loved the song and i hope you do to. And if you are going so dislike please tell me why. I really want to make this a good story.

I want to say now I love tick tock, and the only reason he was the one who dies, is because he is the only other companion and it couldn't be derpy. I hope he doesn't die on us, but that is pierce smoulder's choice.

Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX-AVeVaUFg

This story is dedicated to my best friend and the best cat a girl could ask for, Rocky R.I.P because if it wasn't for him the song would have never pulled at my heart strings.