• Published 1st Jun 2014
  • 873 Views, 6 Comments

fear of lightning - Layam



as Twilight goes on a quest to bust an mysterious creature, who is causing panic around the city, she will discover what kidnap,torture,kill mean and what is a true "super weapon"

  • ...
8
 6
 873

4) silence is deadlier than screams

Twilight diary june 8 1004 evening.

dear diary.
Celestia plan began today.
so we started wandering while she and Luna were watching over us.
Since it seemed he wasn’t attracted by us we decided to split up, even if it meant that it would have been harder for the princess to guarantee us protection.
I wandered throughout the woods and every one and then i turned so i could’ve checked that nopony was following me.
I walked very slowly but still i was really tired, probably because i was sweating for the fear.
Noises were continuos and sometimes i had the impression that a shadowy figure was stalking me and was at the corner of my view.
I knew him was around me when i noticed that despite the immense amount of noises no animals was to be seen.
But everything went alright until i heard a scream destroying the quiet of the forest.
It was Fluttershy.
I immediately galloped towards her, knowing that it could’ve been the difference between life and death.
There were many trees in my way and obstacle but i evaded them by teleporting and jumping.
I arrived at an open field of the forest, Celestia and Luna were already there.
Everyone else arrived a few seconds later.
“sugarcube, are you alrigh…” didn’t finish the phrase Applejack when she faced an horror which hasn’t been narrated since the beginning of Equestria.
A manticore laid down in the grass over a big pool of flowing blood.
Further investigations revealed that the manticore had really small sphere of lead inside her and that she died instantly due to her expression of anger still printed in her face.
Fluttershy was crying like she never cried before, screaming at loudly and making up senseless phrases of agony, fear and disgust.
The manticore was obviously a mother because around there there were 4 babies manticores who were starving for food and were more dead than alive.
“I…i…i” couldn’t express herself Rainbow Dash through she was the one with the strongest personality in all ponyville.
Nopody found any word for that situation, it had been almost 1200 years since the great war of Equestria when the last animals and ponies were killed with will and not by an accident.
We transported the baby manticores in Fluttershy cottage where she gave them food and water.
We then returned to my castle and i called spike when tears were still on my face.
As if it wasn’t bad enough he didn’t respond and was in fact disappeared.
There was the normal letter in which was written:
“haven’t you figure it out yet?
the more you search for me and the
more i will take ponies and dragons
away, do you understand?”
Even through i probably be really sad, i was more angry that sad.
How could this entity pretend to do whatever he wants in this world?
Even the worst villains in the history of Equestria never took the life of somepony.
We had a reunion with my friends and the princesses, even Cadence and Shining Armor were there, to discuss what to do next in the Canterlot castle.
“As we seen this is no ordinary villain, we know nothing about him and he seems to have broke one of the most important rules of all Equestria” said Celestia with a determinate voice.
“but how are we suppose to find him since he seems to know everything we want to do, maybe even now!” said rarity preoccupied of the future.
“we’ll need every help we can get, even if it means that we need to use Discord again.”
“Did somepony called me?” replied discord has he emerged from the celling.”
“oh here he is, again” Said annoyed Rainbow Dash why looking away and evading to see Discord.
“Oh dear princess Celestia, who is it going to be? the evil Sombra coming again?, or maybe queen Chrisalis trying to retake Equestria? Or no, it can’t be, he is Tirek that in just a month escaped the prison? I knew it!”
said Discord trying to provoke Celestia.
“DISCORD! this is something to take really seriously, he has already stole all of the books of my library and the one in the crystal empire, kidnapped Spike and three fillies, put me in a serious coma, killing cold heartily a mother of four baby manticores and we still know nothing about him!”
was what i replied angrily while tears rolled out my eyes and i smack my hoofs on the table.
Discord was quite shocked and impressed but after two cough he returned to his original personality.”well well well. It seems that someone has finally the evilness to confront the mighty Discord.”
“not yet, he is really unpredictable, we need to plan every move we will do before falling into the pit.” said Luna who was more and more angry.
“oh but you won’t fall into anything ,because i will do the work for you, isn’t that true Fluttershy?” replied discord in a provocative way
“cut it out Discord, we haven’t forgot how you betrayed us.” Said Rainbow Dash.
“anyway if anyone needs just call me and i will be there immediately, goodbye.” finally concluded Discord as piece by piece vanished in thin air.
“so what are we going to do?” asked pinkie pie
“for the moment nothing particular, i am just increasing the control of the guards in the cities, we need time to think to see how to catch him”
Concluded Celestia.
We went to sleep and i still can not sleep due to the horrific gore memory of the manticore who drill into my heart.

Babs seeds diary june 8 1004 afternoon.

dear diary
today i was involved in a really awful crime.
It was early in the day, when 5 ponies armed with swords came into my school and started taking everypony hostage.
They called themselves the five stars of south and said that to change Equestria into better they would had to show what they can do.
I could hear my mother screaming in sadness while the guards ordered for them to come out.
The ponies said that they would’ve slaughtered us if they weren’t paid 200000 bits and were given the chance to went into another country.
My condition were really awful, the ponies to don’t let us escaped, compacted us in the corridors and because everyone was sweating for fear, there was an abnormal temperature.
We couldn’t move even by an inch because three of the ponies were guarding us and they promised that everyone that would have move, would have been stabbed to death.
The other two were guarding respectively the first one the main entrance, the second one the emergency entrance at the back.
Everything seemed that was lost until something magical happened.
The lights went off and we hears the ponies being beaten up.
Sometimes it where sounds of shattering glass, sometimes the sound of screams of pain and fatigue.
When the lights went back one the two ponies were unconscious (i don’t know where the first one went) and a mysterious creature appeared.
It was like the creature that my cousin Apple Bloom described me before disappearing but it wore in the head something really strange that i can’t even describe.
While Apple Bloom version was more slow and stealthy, this creature didn’t have a long coat but instead a black suit in which were attached various weapons which are unknown to us.
He had black gloves and big dark grey boots.
The creature didn’t stood there for too long before he said “don’t ask any questions, GET OUT!, i took care of the other ponies.”
soon everyone exit the school and was safe.
I was so happy to hug back my mother who cried tears of joys.
Everypony met their parents and were interviewed.
I was one of them and i spoke how this creature saved us.
It is strange that this creature took away Apple Bloom but saved me.
What do i have that Apple Bloom doesn’t have?
Or what if this isn’t one creature but multiple ones acting in theirs owns?
I don’t know, i believe this mystery will remain for quite a while.

Spike diary june 9 1004 evening.

I perfectly knew i was kidnapped while i was unconscious.
In fact i lucid dreamed about a dream where i was kidnapped by a monster and i was escaping, just when i completed my task i was waken up by Scootaloo.
“what is this place? Where did him took me?” i asked while looking frenetically in every direction trying to gather as much information as possible.
“We don’t know either but don’t worry, him isn’t that bad, as long as you do his tests.”said Apple Bloom with an unnatural smile on her face.
“actually this day he came to play with us and he was really funny and was also willing to reveal us somethings except all the military stuff” said Sweetie Belle as she also looked at me with an unnatural smile.
Just as they finished their sentences a voice loud and strong spoke into the room “every test subject please take the paper and start writing your concept of beauty”.
The fillies immediately took the papers and started writing somethings while i stood there trying to think of whatever he needed to get out of this tests.
“I said EVERY test subject” shouted the voice at me with impatience and anger.
I then sit down and was about to write the 101% accurate description of rarity but i had a better idea.
I flipped over the paper and started writing down in the empty space that him captured me in a room where he would test us for days and nights and possibly have brainwashed the cutie marks crusaders.
Just before he took me by the neck i managed to sent the piece of paper to princess Celestia.
But when he did that, he blocked me by pushing against the wall, so strong that my nose started bleeding for the pain, and he started shouting “SO THIS IS HOW YOU WANT TO PLAY? UH? NOT OBEYING THE ORDERS? WELL YOU JUST EARNED YOURSELF A DAY IN THE DARK ROOM!”so he lifted me up and he carried me throughout a corridor and after sometime he opened a door and thrown me in violently.
Then he closed it really fast to not let me escape.
I tried to escape by using my fire breath but it didn’t have any effect.
The room like his name was so dark that i couldn’t see anything, and it was also very small so i bumped often against a corner.
I sat down and started waiting for something to happen.
After what it seemed to me 4 hours him finally opened the door and lighted the room with a flashlight, he took me once again and thrown me in the previous room where the cutie marks crusaders were waiting.
They explained that they rebelled against him to free me by screaming and not doing his orders, even when he personally came into the room and warn them that if they would have continued he would put them also in different dark rooms.
I thank them and we started playing this board game of him who was called battleship.
It was really similar of another game i played which i don’t remember the name.
But the thing that intrigues me the most is that why is it called battleships?
I don’t get it, aren’t ships suppose to only commerce?
I probably will never know.