• Published 1st Jun 2014
  • 2,226 Views, 48 Comments

Blazing Dragon - Zanem-Ji



It's been over 70 years since Spike has become the Corrupted One. With the world now thrown into chaos, it's up to one mare to find the only six ponies who had dealt with this evil before, and help her defeat the Corrupted One.

  • ...
11
 48
 2,226

I'd Give You Everything

Despite all of the injuries she had accumulated over the decades, Rarity had been lucky enough to have never woken up in a hospital before, save for the day of her birth. But as the smell of alcohol and other sterilizing products assaulted her nostrils, she realized that was exactly where she was. She opened her eyes, but ended up looking at a white cloth. She knew what had happened…and she knew that she had suffered fatal injuries....

So how in Equis was she still alive?

“Good Evening, Fallen Rarity.” A stallion’s voice called out. “I’m Doctor Red Heart; Chief Surgeon and the main caretaker for your stay here.”

Rarity’s ears flicked and turned to the direction of his voice, “Good evening, I suppose…” her head turned as if she was looking around, though the cloth kept her from doing so,

“Am I able to remove this cloth upon my face?”

Red Heart arched a brow, “You can tell it’s a cloth? What color is it?”

“It appears to be Cornsilk.”

The doctor arched his brow in confusion, "I'm sorry, what was that, Fallen One?"

Rarity waved a dismissive hoof, "Terribly sorry. Old habits die hard...This cloth is off-white."

“Well, the fact that you can determine colors is a sign of a successful operation.” Red Heart replied in a lighter tone. “I actually came in to see the progress.” Rarity heard a couple hoof steps, “Let’s take a look now, shall we?”

Rarity felt a hoof gently brush against the side of her face, and another hoof lightly tug at the bandage. Little by little, her world started to get a bit bright. She could make out a blurred silhouette of the doctor standing over her,

“Fallen Rarity, I’m going to need you to close your eyes for me. I’m going to dim the lights, so as not do damage your eye.”

Rarity nodded, “Yes, Doctor. I understand.”

She was starting to get antsy. She knew she shouldn’t have been able to see. The last thing she had seen was Trixie’s horn, before she felt the searing pain in her eyeball. The world went dim again, sending her into a slight state of panic. She heard more hoof steps come towards her, and the hooves once again reach for her face.

“Are you ready?”

“Yes…”

She felt the doctor slowly, and carefully, remove the last bit of bandage from her face. She slowly opened her eyes. She was not able to see out of her right eye, she knew that much…but as her vision started to return to her left eye, she nearly wanted to cry.

“Doctor,” she sniffed. “How…how is this possible? How am I able to see again?”

“The First Fallen saw to that. She also saw to you getting your foreleg back.”

“My foreleg?” she looked down at her right foreleg. It seemed fine. A few cuts and bruises, but fine none the less. It was when she looked over at her left foreleg. This couldn’t be right. Her coat was white. It had ALWAYS been white. White…and nothing else. But now...

It was purple. Lavender to be exact.

She let out a tiny squeak, “Doctor, my leg!! Why the hell is my leg this color?!”

She sprung up, pain tearing through her insides as she did so.

“Please Fallen One, try to calm down. Your organs are still trying to recover, and any stress could cause irreversible damage.” He turned and went to grab a small mirror. He levitated it towards her. “Perhaps you should take a look at your eye, before I answer any questions that I know you will have…”

She took the mirror into her own magical grasp, and brought it towards her. She looked at her reflection. Her right eye, milky, but still blue. Her left eye…

Lavender. Bright, sparkling, lavender.

“How…” she spoke softly. “How…how…how…” she couldn’t bring herself to say anything more.

“The First Fallen donated the parts that were needed to repair your body.”

“Wait a minute. Twilight gave me…a leg and an eye?”

“And her heart.” Pinkie added. Rarity looked over at her,

“When did you get in here?”

“Do you really need an explanation?” she gave her a soft smile, “It’s me. I just do what I do.”

Rarity smiled back, but it quickly disappeared when she remembered Pinkie's previous statement.

“How did she give me her heart?”

Pinkie’s smile got bigger, “In so many ways, Rarity. In so many ways…”

“What do you mean by that?” she shook her head, “Nevermind. Where is she? Can you take me to her?”

“Not yet, Fallen Rarity.” Red Heart quickly replied. “We don’t know if your leg is functional yet. And even if it is, it would still need time to recover.”

Rarity looked down at the lavender foreleg. She rose it, carefully, then rotated her hooves to make it work.

“Looks like it’s functioning to me. Now, take me to see Twilight.”

Red Heart flinched a little, “Forgive me Fallen Rarity, but-”

“She’s not going to give up, Doctor Red Heart.” Pinkie appeared beside Rarity’s bed with a wheelchair. “Get in the chair, Rarity.”

Rarity tilted her head up, “I’ve lost my eye and my leg, and from what you’re telling me, my heart. I can’t afford to lose my dignity too.”

She ripped off the bed sheets and turned to place her hind legs on the cold tile. She was a little achy, but she felt like she could do it. She set her right foreleg down…

All was well.

She breathed a sigh of relief, then went to place her new, lavender leg on the ground.

“SHIT!!”

Her leg crumpled under her own weight. Pinkie quickly scooped her up,

“Wanna get in that chair now?”

With her pride injured, Rarity nodded and let Pinkie help her into the chair. Pinkie looked over at Red Heart,

“Is Twilight awake?”

Red Heart nodded, “Yes Fallen Pinkie. I just came from her room. I must warn you though, she is a bit…groggy and irritable.”

Pinkie smiled, “She should lighten up once she sees our pretty little faces.” She looked down at Rarity, “Let’s get you to her room."

She propped herself on the chairs, standing up on her hind legs, and began pushing her out the door.

“Geez, I hate being in there. It’s super-duper boring and un-fun. When we get outta here, we’re going to head straight to the colony. Locust and her parents were actually very nice an-…Rarity?”

She stopped when she heard a sniffle come from the mare. She looked down at her, and saw the tears flow from her blind eye.

“Rarity…what’s wrong?...”

“Why did she do this?”

“You were on the verge of death, Rarity. Did you think she'd just let you die?”

“But…” the Unicorn looked up at her, “She gave me her eye…her leg…her heart…”

“Well, she’s dead so…it’s not like she was using her heart anyway…”

“Okay, but she was still using these!!” Rarity pointed at her lavender colored iris with her new leg. “And now, she’s laying in her bed, probably-”

“Happy that you’re alive, and really excited to tell you something.”

“Excited? Excited to tell me what?”

“You’ll find out in a second. You may not be patient with Red Heart, but you’re going to be patient with me!”

Rarity flinched, “Okay…”

Pinkie pushed Rarity past a few more room. She stopped at room number 57, and opened its door. She wheeled the Unicorn in, and her smile disappeared,

“She’s all yours, Twilight…”

Rarity looked over your shoulder in confusion as Pinkie turned to leave the room. Rarity slowly turned back to Twilight, taking in the sight before her. The lavender Unicorn was resting in the bed, an IV attached to her right foreleg. Her left foreleg...

Was now nothing more than a bandaged up stump.

Rarity placed a hoof to her lips as she traveled up to look at her face. Her right eyes was closed, and the left half of her face was wrapped in thick gauze. Rarity carefully stood up, choosing to walk on three legs so that she didn’t destroy the leg given to her. Twilight's ear twitched,

“Sit down…before you hurt yourself…” her rasped voice ordered her. Rarity leaned forward,

“No. Scoot over, so that I can sit in the bed…”

A soft smile appeared on Twilight’s face. She opened her eye and looked up at Rarity,

“Seems like the operation was a success, if you've already got this much energy to be snippy...”

Rarity frowned, “Twilight, what did you do?”

Twilight looked away from her, “I…you needed it. And I…”

Rarity leaned forward a bit, “You…you what?”

“…I needed you…”

Her ear flickered, “I’m sorry darling, what did you say??”

“I said I needed you…”

“Twilight, you’ve never been one to speak so softly. That’s more of Fluttershy’s prerogative.”

Twilight forced herself to sit up, and looked into the snow colored Unicorn’s eyes. She outstretched her foreleg and wrapped it around Rarity’s neck,

“I needed you.”

Rarity’s eyes opened in shock as she felt Twilight’s lips pressed against her own. They were incredibly soft, surprisingly warm, and amazingly gentle. She relaxed into the kiss, enjoying their strangely sweet taste. She felt them pull away, and Time continued once more.

“Tw-Twilight…” Rarity stated breathlessly, her cheeks flushing red.

Twilight looked down sheepishly, “If I still had blood flowing in me, I’d probably be blushing.”

“How…long?”

Twilight looked away from her, “Since I was 43 years old…”

“You’ve had feelings for me for almost 70 years??”

“Yes, and I’ll have these them for another 70 years. And even after that...” She took Rarity’s hoof into her own, “I already love you as a friend, but I would like to love you as well…more than that…” she looked down again, “But if you don’t want to…I understand. You're still one of my closest companions, and the one who understands me better than the other girls. I would lay my life down for you time and time again if it meant keeping you safe.” She smiled, “So giving you a leg, an eye, and a heart is nothing but a small price to pay if it means keeping you alive.”

“Why your heart though? What was wrong with mine?”

“Your heart was infected with an extremely deadly disease, and continued to keep spreading the infected blood throughout your body. Giving you an eye and a leg would’ve been pointless if I didn't give you my heart.” Twilight got a sheepish expression on her face, “And I want to give you my heart anyway…”

Rarity responded with a giggle. “I’m hoping you mean that metaphorically still.”

“But of course, Fair Rarity.”

A bright blush colored Rarity’s face. She gave the lavender Unicorn a peck on the cheek,

“Thank you, Twilight…I’ll never be able to repay you.”

“Of course you can…” Twilight leaned forward, “All you have to do, is give me one chance…one chance to prove I’m worth dating, even if I’m a ‘zombie’, as Rainbow would put it.”

Rarity gave her a soft and gentle smile, “I can do that…”


~MLP~


Pinkie looked sadly between her best friend and her wife. Dash had gotten the surgery first, due to the fact that Pinkie needed her to help rebuild Patch Work, and start making a prosthetic leg and eye for Twilight. She’d also be needed in leading a group to go and start construction of their new headquarters at the Hybrid colony that they had recently allied up with. But none of that meant much to her if she didn’t have her lovely Applejack by her side. She walked over to her bed and placed her muzzle to Applejack’s cheek.

“Oh, Jackie…I’m sorry I had to choose Dashie over you. But she was in serious trouble, and we need her a lot right now. You’re both very, very important to me…and I’m not really sure if you can hear me, but I hope that you know that I love you very much.”

“Ah know ya do, Sugar…an’ Ah love ya very much as well…”

Pinkie jerked up and looked into bright green eyes. Oh, how she loved those emerald orbs, and she loved the fact that they sparkled when they were looking at her.

Wait, why were they looking at her?

Pinkie reached over for her patient clipboard and flipped through a couple pages,

“Jackie, how are you awake? You’re supposed to be on a morphine drip right now.”

"It had run out fer a lil' bit, so Ah managed to wake up. When the docs came in, Ah asked 'em ta stop givin’ me that sleepy juice. Ol’ Honesty is healin’ mah body. At a slower pace than usual fer some strange reason, but still doin’ it nonetheless.

She placed a hoof on Pinkie’s cheek, “R.D’s got an important role tah play. Far more important than mahself right now. So go an’ make sure she’s alright.”

“Nah, she can stay over there, I’m fine.” Dash stated in a dismissive tone, causing both of the Earth Ponies to look over at her. Pinkie smiled and leapt onto her,

“Dashie!! You’re okay!! Thank the gods!”

Dash swatted at the pink pony with her hooves, “Pinks, get off of me!”

Pinkie immediately got off of her, “Sorry! I’m just glad you’re finally awake.”

Dash sat up and looked over her shoulders. The surgery done on her real wing insured that'd she be able to use in with proper time to heal and rehabilitation. However, her cybernetic wing was gone. She let out an angry snort,

“Damn…now I gotta make a whole new wing.” She rested her chin in her hoof, “It took me a year just to make that one.”

Ire crossded Pinkie's features. Dash and Applejack ignored it as the farm pony spoke.

“At least yer real wing is gonna be okay, once it heals up an’ stuff.”

Dash rolled her eyes, “Yeah, that's great. Too bad I still can't fly with just one wing.”

“You think you’re the only one that got it bad?!” Pinkie snapped. Dash slightly flinched before glaring up at her,

“I didn’t say that! But it does suck that I’m going to be a one winged freak for a while!” she pointed at her, “You’re perfectly fine, so what are you bitching about?”

Pinkie’s eyes started to get glassy, “Twilight sacrificed one of her eyes, legs, and her heart for Rarity.”

All the air was snatched from the room as Applejack and Dash stared at her,

“Wh-what?” Applejack stated in disbelief.

“Rarity now has one of Twilight’s eyes, one of her legs, and her heart.” Pinkie took a couple steps towards Dash and cupped her face,

“And then there’s Patch Work, who lost all of the machinery that was attached to his body…” she spoke in a softer tone as she gently rested her forehead against hers,

“That’s why I need you right now, Dashie. That’s why I gave the order to make sure you got the first surgery. These other doctors don’t know how to work those technical miracles like you do, and those two ponies need you…”

“Well, shit…Pinkie, I don’t know what to say…”

Pinkie stood up tall, a fire in her eyes, “Don’t say anything! Just get better faster so you can help our friends!!!”

The sound of the door opening drew their attention. Sparks and Locust walked into the room,

“When Sparks told me what happened, I came as fast as I could.” Locust stated. “I’m here to try to be of any assistance to you.”

Dash looked over at Sparks, “You brought the hybrid to a secret hospital bunker? Why?”

“Because I told her to.” Pinkie replied defensively. Dash turned her attention back to her,

“Wha-“

“I’m in charge right now.” Pinkie stated in a matter-of-fact tone. “I told you, Twilight’s way too injured. She's unable to lead right now. Since I was the only one of us that wasn’t unconscious, she left me in charge.”

The cyan Pegasus stared at her for a few seconds, before letting a small smile creep to her lips.

Big mistake.

Pinkie leaned forward, snorting hot air from her nostrils, “I swear to the gods Rainbow Dash, if you make one slick comment about me being in charge, you’re going to wish Trixie had finished you off.”

Dash’s brow immediately furrowed, “What the fu-”

“Now girls, let’s not get all riled up fer nothin’.” Applejack cut in. “Pinkie’s in charge now, an’ there ain’t nothin’ we can do about that.” Applejack's eyes went wide as Pinkie shot her a glare. "Not that there's somethin' wrong with that! Pinkie is very capable of bein' a leader, an' Ah give her mah full trust."

Pinkie turned her burning gaze back to Rainbow Dash. The Pegasus and the Earth Pony burned holes into each other’s faces, but said nothing. Sparks took a couple steps forward,

“Um…should we take our leave, Fallen Ones?”

“Yes…” Pinkie replied, her eyes never leaving Dash’s.

Sparks and Locust immediately turned and left.

“Get out of bed, Rainbow Dash. We’ve got work to do.”

Dash pointed at her wing, “My wing’s still busted. I can’t just hop out of bed and trot out of here.”

“Your wing have nothing to do with your legs. And even if it did, you were never the type to let anything stop you before.”

The sheets ruffled as Applejack slowly slid out of bed. She winced as pain flared through her ribs. Pinkie turned,

“Jackie, what are you doing? Get back in the bed!”

“Ah can’t let a few little jacked up ribs stop me from helpin’ out…” she smiled at her wife, “After all, that ain’t got nothin’ tah do with mah legs.”

She took the few steps needed to get to Dash’s bed, and outstretched her hoof,

“C’mon R.D. Let’s get this show on the road. Ya got work tah do an’ yer gonna need our help.”

Dash sighed, before straining to turn out of the bed. Her hooves hit the tile with a soft tap. She still had her own aches as well. She looked over at her stitched up, bandaged wing. She looked over her other shoulder, at the stump where her cybernetic wing once was. Her tired expression turned to one of determination,

“Let’s do this.”

Author's Note:

Sorry this is such a short chapter, readers. This was originally going to be longer, but I decided to put this in a smaller chunk due to the fact that the rest of it has a few kinks that I need to work out. I also have a few other projects I'd like to work on, and I didn't want to just leave this without adding at least SOMETHING on it for too long.