• Published 2nd Jun 2014
  • 628 Views, 24 Comments

The Adventures of Cleansing Flame - Fire_brand



Follow Cleansing Flame as he travels across Equestria in a journey of self-discovery

  • ...
5
 24
 628

Spa and Consequences

Journal: After three weeks of travel I am currently outside of Stalliongrad with Princess Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Fluttershy, and Applejack. Apparently my journey sparked their interest to go out on one as well. I just didn’t expect them to want to join me. Plus I think for now on I’m going to have to suck it up and take the train. I don’t know if we can stand Rarity “complaining” about dirt anymore. Also note to self, never call Rarity's complaining whining ever again. I never want to hear her whine. I think my ears were bleeding. Anyways I learned a bit more about the girls along the way. I had no idea that; Rainbow was in Wonderbolt training camp, Fluttershy has a way with animals, Twilight is pretty much a master of magic, Pinkie used to be a rock farmer, and that Applejack didn’t always want to be a farmer. I found out the hard way that all Rarity cares about is fashion and keeping clean. Apart from the complaining I am enjoying the company of these girls.

Upon entering Stalliongrad Pinkie speaks up while bouncing “ooh ooh, what are we gonna do? Get some Staliongrad clothes? Grab some sweets? Find a hotel? All of it looks fun!”

Twilight is the first to respond “Well since we are in a strange city, it would be prudent for us to find a place to stay then make that our gathering point.” Since that makes sense we all agreed. It takes some time for us to find the hotel though. We are not used to the locals’ accents. Though we do find…Daroovea…I can’t pronounce it.

So we agree to be back at the Daroo…buck it I can’t say it, the hotel by dusk. Fluttershy and Rarity are going to find a spa; Applejack, Pinkie, and Rainbow go off to find food, and Twilight decides to go with me on my hunt to find crucible steel. Searching the main street we find a forge. As I walk in “Ah customers, how can I be of assistance?”

I say “Well, I have heard rumors of Crucible steel,”

He cuts me off “Ah yes, crucible steel, unfortunately I have none in stock. You might check with the other smiths, they may have some.”

I can see Twilight’s curiosity is peaked as she speaks up “So does that mean you don’t know how to make it?”

“Ah yes, I do not make crucible steel. I do not think anypony here knows how to make it. It mainly comes in bars from traders in north Equestria.”

I cock my eyebrow “How far north do they come from?”

He shakes his head “I know not, crucible steel is rare and very valuable. I’ve tried to make myself but I fail.” The other 6 smiths confirm his story, nopony here can make crucible steel.

After the search futilely ended, Twilight and I decided to grab some lunch. Wandering through Stalliongrad, there are not that many restaurants. Looking at Twilight, “I guess most ponies eat homemade meals here.”

“I guess so. Were there any restaurants near the hotel?”

“I don’t know, want to go check?”

“Might as well.”

“After you Twilight…” I clasp my hooves over my mouth as I realize my error.

I just get an odd look from Twilight “Why are you doing that?”

Through my hooves “I really shouldn’t address you without the Princess part in front…”

“So? I’m fine if you drop Princess if you are.”

“Ok…”

After that little embarrassment Twilight and I head towards the hotel and find a few restaurants. We check all of them to find Applejack, Rainbow, and Pinkie inside…I’m not even going to try to pronounce the name. Rainbow waves us over “Twilight , Flame, over here!” As we arrive at the table the waiter brings two more chairs over.

Pinkie asks us “So how was your search for the new steel?” At this the three girls look at each other and giggle.

I say “none of the smiths here had any.” The giggling turns into laughing. Continuing my thought, “They all say that a trader from the north brings it to town occasionally.”

At this all three are brought to tears laughing. Rainbow is laughing so hard she falls out of her chair; Applejack is pounding her hoof on the table, and Pinkie falls backwards but keeps laughing. After a few moments I realize the innuendo and almost collapse laughing. Poor Twilight is just sitting there dumbstruck. Applejack manages to balance herself long enough to whisper into Twilight’s ear. Twilight laughs nervously and turns a very bright shade of red. This only causes us to laugh all the harder.

I’m not sure of how long we were laughing but by the end my sides hurt just thinking of laughing. After we’ve fully calmed down, we’re all still bright red from our laughing. Applejack speaks up “So all joking aside did yall find what ya wanted?”

I’m still having issues breathing so Twilight answers “No, the locals believe It comes from a town in the north”

“Ah shucks, that’s too bad. Was this one of the only restaurants you two found as well?”

“Yes, we think the locals like homemade food more than eating out. Did anyone manage to spot the spa that Fluttershy and Rarity went to?”

They all just shake our heads as Rainbow says “Sorry Twilight, I didn’t really look for it. I was too focused on food.”

Finally able to, I say “If that’s the case why don’t we go find them after we’re done eating? That way if you girls want to, you can enjoy the spa as well.”

Applejack gives me an approving nod “Not a bad idea Flame, good thinking.” Once the waiter comes around we all order. I get the borscht, Twilight and Applejack order salad, and Pinkie chooses solyanka and a cake go figure. After we finish our meal we head out to search for the spa. I do notice that the girls hang back and are discussing something.

Looking at them “Uh girls? Is something going on?”

Pinkie replies “Nopey Dopey! Just some mare talk, you wouldn’t enjoy it.” I think nothing of it and casually say “Ok.” We look all over the city.

Once I thought I heard “but what if he,” but I pushed it out of my head.

After 5 hours we find no sign of a spa, so we head back to the hotel. I say “Alright girls, where have we not looked? Stalliongrad is not a huge city; we should have found it by now.” Of course as I say this Rarity and Fluttershy walk out the hotel looking quite refreshed.

Rarity sounds slightly surprised “Oh hello darlings, is everything alright?”

Fluttershy follows up “Did something happen? Why do you girls look down?”

Rainbow flies up and says “Rarity? Fluttershy? Where is the spa? We have been looking for it for a while.”

Fluttershy responds simply “You should have paid more attention. It’s inside the hotel.”

Now I hear a mix of phrases like “Come on! And, Are you serious?” Within the mix is Rainbow’s hoof hitting her forehead.

Once they’re done; Rainbow motions for Rarity and Fluttershy to follow and the girls huddle together. They begin to quietly talk amongst themselves. I don’t care what the gossip is so I head inside and relax. After a few minutes all 6 come inside and gather around me with grins on their faces. I casually say “So…uh...what’s going on girls?” I just got a bad feeling about this.

Rarity says “Well dear it has come to our attention that you are absolutely filthy. So we feel we need to correct that.”

I’m rather taken back by this “Now what a minute…” Now they’re all pushing/pulling me towards the spa. “Woah! Hold on girls! Don’t you think this is a bit drastic?! I don’t need a spa to freshen up!”

Rarity simply says “Don’t fight this Flame, you need to be cleaned, and no ordinary bath or shower is going to fix that.”

“Well of course I’m going to fight this! I’ve never been to a spa and I never planned on it! Hang on! Nononononono!” I try planting my butt on the ground but to no avail, I’m just skidding. The spa keeps getting closer. I throw up a telekinetic wall, only to have Twilight dispel it.

I hear Applejack say “Oh quit yer strugglin ya big foal! Some pamperin would do ya good.” No matter what I keep struggling, even as my hooves cross the threshold of the spa entrance.

As a last ditch attempt I quit struggling. As the girls relax I make a quick bid for the exit…only to be stopped dead in my tracks as Twilight and Rarity have lifted me off the ground, my hooves trying to catch traction on air. Finally admitting defeat I stop resisting. But I now wear a sour expression. Twilight and Rarity set me down while Applejack and Pinkie get behind me, ready to push if they have to. I’m not even listening as the girls debate which treatment would suit me best. Finally they decide and one of the employees comes to get me. I make no effort to hide my thoughts as I keep wearing the same sour look. As I look around I see all 6 mares receiving spa treatments.

The first thing they do is lead me to a tub, take several wire brushes, get them wet, and then start scrubbing my coat of soot off. I don’t know how long it took but by the end the water in the tub is now jet black. Now I’m moved to a hot tub and am left to soak. The soak only lasts a few minutes before I’m removed, coated with unscented soap and scrubbed. I must admit, this does feel good. Now I’m led to a rinsing area where I’m cleansed of all the soap and lather. The final stage is the cleaning of my hooves. This takes the longest. I’ve never once fully cleaned my hooves in seven years. I’ve cleaned up the cracks, chips and burns but the grime still piled up.

Finally I’m done with the spa. I’m met outside by all six girls who gasp at me when I come out. I think they doubt I’m the same pony. I’m still mad but I really can’t complain as I inspect myself. This is the first time I haven’t smelled like a forge in years. I’d forgotten I had those white wisps in my crimson coat. I can even see my muscle definition again. Quite dashing if I say so myself. Looking back at the girls I notice that most have left. The only one left is Applejack. I say “What happened to the others? Did they go to bed?”

“Yeah they did. Rarity and Fluttershy spent too much time in tha spa and were feeling faint so Twilight, Dash, and Pinkie helped them.”

We are now walking towards our rooms “That’s fine. So are all of you sharing a room?”

“Yeah, it cuts down on costs.”

“Alright, We should probably head to bed ourselves. It is getting late.”

“Alright, Ah suppose Ah’ll see ya in tha morning. G’night Flame”

“Goodnight Applejack.” After a few steps I had to stop for a second, Since when have I been on good terms with Applejack? With that I head into my room and fall asleep.

The next morning I feel great. The mattress was nice and soft. This is so much better than sleeping on the ground. I straighten up the bed and head down to breakfast. Either I’m the first one up or the girls are preening themselves. Though I’d have thought that Applejack would be up first, she is a farmer. Oh well. Going up to the serving platters I pick out an assortment of pancakes. As I head sit down the girls start coming downstairs. The last one down is of course Rarity. By the time she comes down I’m almost done eating.

Being done I clean up my plate then sit and wait for everypony to finish eating. I then ask “So what’s on everypony’s agenda for today?”

Twilight is the first to speak “Perhaps it would be prudent to discuss how long we are staying and where we are going next. That way we can plan ahead accordingly.”

Rainbow coughs “EGGHEAD” just to get cuffed by Applejack.

I say “Alright, first lets discuss how long we’ll be staying. Thoughts?”

Rarity chimes in “I believe staying for at least 3 days will be best. That way we can get a good grasp of their culture.” We all give Rarity a frown. “Oh alright, I also want to check out the fashion and local gemstones.” That’s the Rarity we all know.

Wait a second… I speak up “Gemstones?”

“Didn’t you know dear? I can find gemstones easily with a spell.”

“Now I do.”

Applejacks speaks up next “I have to agree with 3 days. These are working ponies; the most we can learn is about their clothes and food.”

Pinkie jumps in “But what about their parties! They must be exciting! What do they do for fun?”

Rainbow stops Pinkie there “You know Pinkie, we could learn all about that in one day. I doubt we need to add a day for that. But if they have a competition coming up you know I gotta compete!”

Fluttershy now speaks “But what about their animals? I’d love to see what kind of pets they have!”

Twilight adds in “And I’d love to check out their library, you never know what you’ll find hidden in there!”

I now step in “Well it sounds like we would have to add a few days if we all went together. But if we split into groups it shouldn’t be an issue. We can just leave when everyponies business is complete. We can always adjust the schedule but we should aim for three days.” Everypony agrees. "Now we have to decide where we will go next. (pulling out my map) How about Dappleshore?" Everyone gets excited when they hear Dappleshore, it is the Cider capital of Equestria for a reason.

We agree and split into our groups for the day. The groups are: Applejack and I; Rarity and Pinkie; Twilight, Fluttershy, and Rainbow. I let Applejack lead as I’ve already completed my business here. As we walk Applejack says “So why did you choose ta come with me?”

Why did I choose to join Applejack? If I didn’t, Pinkie or Rainbow would have. I come with a quick answer “Because I also wanted to see what the locals grow in the fields.” Nice save.

She almost looks disappointed as she replies “Oh ok. So how was growing up in Fillydelphia?”

“That depends. Do you want the short or long version?”

Applejack chuckles a little “Give me the long version, who knows how long it will take to reach the fields.” As we walk I tell Applejack about Fillydelphia. I get partially through my story when we reach the fields. If Applejack hadn’t noticed till marks I would have completely missed it.

I say “If these are the fields there should be farmers around here.”

“Yep and ah see one.” Applejack runs towards the farmer leaving me to catch up. After I catch up I hear the two farmers talking “What tha hay is a Potato?”

The farmer holds up a small round plant and talks slow and deliberately “It’s one of these.”

“What else is grown here?”

“We grow beets, carrots, mushrooms, cucumbers, and wheat. I can explain if you like. Bring your friend.”

We spend the rest of the day talking to the farmer. Well Applejack talks, I listen and chime in occasionally to prove I’m not sleeping. Not that it was boring…ok it kinda was but farming is a little out of my league. Applejack however is completely invested in the conversation, trying to get every little detail. On the walk back to the hotel, Applejack is quite the chatterbox. She is so excited that she’s practically bouncing. It’d be cute if she didn’t remind me of a sugar fueled Pinkie Pie. As we reach the hotel Applejack stops for a moment “Ah want to thank ya for accompanying me Flame.”

“I really didn’t do much.”

“Still, ah doubt anypony else would have been as patient, and ya at least tried ta pay attention. So thanks.”

“You’re welcome.” We then go back to our rooms in silence. It was a little awkward. I didn’t say anything stupid did I? Oh for Celestia’s sake I missed something…but what did I miss? Once again I fall asleep on the comfy bed.

Author's Note:

Oh the pains of being thick headed and unable to fully understand the opposite gender